ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball murders

They lie. It's what they do. It's all about click traffic now. You can justify charging X or Y amount for ad space if you get X or Y number of clicks on your website. So these fvckers make sh!t up that has a smidge of truth in it in order to generate these clicks.
If it were easier to sue outlets that printed lies, this would stop. But they makes sh!t up like "Drtxhorn likes it when Nursetxhorn shoves a colostomy bag up his pee hole and farts on his forehead..... allegedly."
And they get away with it by using words like "allegedly, anonymous sources, might, could, perhaps" etc.
I would prefer Nurstxhorn not fart on my forehead. But it would be nice if she at least talks dirty to me every once in a while.

Is this Steve Patterson?
Listen man, I’ve been around the game of basketball for 20 plus years, been around coaches of all different levels and one thing I know is that the elite women’s coaches in this country (pat summit, Dawn Staley, Geno, Vic etc) they could absolutely go over to the men’s side and they’d be successful. No doubt. If CDC named Vic Shafer head coach of the men’s team tomorrow the men’s team would be successful. Just because it’s never been done before doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work and shouldn’t be considered. If I’m an Ad I’d much rather take a Dawn Staley or someone like that than I would a mid major coach who may or may not work out or trying to out bid someone for like John Calapari and hoping he still has some fire left.

Listen man, I’ve been around the game of basketball for 20 plus years, been around coaches of all different levels and one thing I know is that the elite women’s coaches in this country (pat summit, Dawn Staley, Geno, Vic etc) they could absolutely go over to the men’s side and they’d be successful. No doubt. If CDC named Vic Shafer head coach of the men’s team tomorrow the men’s team would be successful. Just because it’s never been done before doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work and shouldn’t be considered. If I’m an Ad I’d much rather take a Dawn Staley or someone like that than I would a mid major coach who may or may not work out or trying to out bid someone for like John Calapari and hoping he still has some fire left.
Be successful? How would you define that for the UT men’s program? At UT, we aren’t about just being competitive - we expect to compete for national titles. Dawn Staley would set our program back to mediocrity and failure because she wouldn’t be able to recruit any elite prospect’s. No way she should even be in the conversation. It would just be a pure PR stunt to hire her as our men’s BB coach.

Calipari has UK playing great ball right now. One of the hottest teams now. The fact that you would rather hire Dawn Staley over John Calipari is beyond ridiculous and utterly stupid. The only way an AD would make that move is if they were looking to get fired.

Last edited:
Be successful? How would you define that for the UT men’s program? At UT, we aren’t about just being competitive - we expect to compete for national titles. Dawn Staley would set our program back to mediocrity and failure because she wouldn’t be able to recruit any elite prospect’s. No way she should even be in the conversation. It would just be a pure PR stunt to hire her as our men’s BB coach.
So now you're changing the subject to going back to mediocrity?

Do you know how many mediocre bb coaches over the last 50 years? With the exception of Rick Barnes all of them.

Who's to say that Dawn Staley couldn't succeed where the others failed?

For starters she is a 4x Olympic gold medalist no TX coach has never done that. She's on the WNBA 15 greatest players and has gotten South Carolina to the final 4.

She won't get hired but we could do worse.

Look TX basketball has never been elite.

So now you're changing the subject to going back to mediocrity?

Do you know how many mediocre bb coaches over the last 50 years? With the exception of Rick Barnes all of them.

Who's to say that Dawn Staley couldn't succeed where the others failed?

For starters she is a 4x Olympic gold medalist no TX coach has never done that. She's on the WNBA 15 greatest players and has gotten South Carolina to the final 4.

She won't get hired but we could do worse.

Look TX basketball has never been elite.
And we will never become elite with Dawn Staley. We would be worse because she wouldn’t have the command of the locker room with our young men and she wouldn’t be able to recruit. I just can’t believe we’re actually having this discussion. She’s not a viable option unless CDC wants to get fired.

Reactions: Lampasas
Yeah this whole thing takes the Oates off the table for me to the extent that he was still on the table. It’s not his fault that this happened obviously but his response to it has been… problematic. When he found out his star player supplied the gun his initial response was “well he’s never been in trouble before”… well maybe not but he supplied a gun for a murder, so he’s in trouble now. But right there you see the difference between a coach and a player. The kid was likely a one and done guy so Bama will get through the season, make their run, he’ll leave and Bama will move on. Harder to do that when a coach gets in trouble or has a problem
And don't forget that the school conducted their own investigation and released it while the police investigation is ongoing.

Well isn't that special?

I would like to see how the recruiting would go for Staley, Mulkey, Auriemma, Shaeffer etc. No doubt they have the X's and O's part down. But they also have the best players.

I would like to see how the recruiting would go for Staley, Mulkey, Auriemma, Shaeffer etc. No doubt they have the X's and O's part down. But they also have the best players.
Agreed. They have the best women players. It’s similar logic to pursuing the top HS coach in the country. Or the top juco coach. Why don’t we pursue them? Because they aren’t viable candidates regardless of their success.

They’d do fine. One thing I’ve learned about basketball is that while fans view men’s and women’s basketball as very separate things. Players don’t view it that way. Men’s, women’s players and coaches spend a lot of time in the same circles, playing games, and there is a respect there. If Geno, or Staley walked in to recruit a kid they’d command respect. I don’t think recruiting would be a problem. Coaching wouldn’t be a problem. The game is the same. What would be a different is the amount of good teams that you play in a season. But any coach who hasn’t coached in the power 5 before has to get used to that.

Let’s be clear. I’m not saying every women’s coach could do if, but the elite ones could no problem at all.

Call me a misogynist but I have a lot of doubts myself about a woman ever being able to lead a group of men in basketball. Being an assistant coach and being a head coach are 2 different animals. I’ve been around the game and coached for a better part of 15 years myself.

It’s not the X’s and O’s part that worries me, it’s the locker room and off the court part. Whether we like or not, there’s a lot of men out there that would have an issue with a women in charge. I know that sounds kind of harsh but it’s also just a harsh reality.

Call me a misogynist but I have a lot of doubts myself about a woman ever being able to lead a group of men in basketball. Being an assistant coach and being a head coach are 2 different animals. I’ve been around the game and coached for a better part of 15 years myself.

It’s not the X’s and O’s part that worries me, it’s the locker room and off the court part. Whether we like or not, there’s a lot of men out there that would have an issue with a women in charge. I know that sounds kind of harsh but it’s also just a harsh reality.
This is why Becky Hammon was unable to land an NBA head coaching position. There’s no question she knows the game. It comes down to having control and command of the team, fellow coaches and management over the course of the entire season and off season. Becky even served as an NBA assistant for several years and is much more qualified to coach men than Dawn Staley.

The fact is there’s many other more qualified candidates to lead our men’s program than freaking Dawn Staley. A lady who has never coached men before. Only a fool would seriously consider her to become our next head coach. I’d welcome her to come over as an assistant and earn her way into the men’s game. She would never accept that. Nor should she. She’s got a good thing going at South Carolina.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Well getting back to the original thread.

And these are the kind of fans TX and OK are going to face for the next 10 years.

And where's that aggie dumb ass who came on here a few days ago and talked about how great SEC fans are.
They’ve been doing it all season. I agree they should have done away with this 2 second routine especially after one of their players is now facing capital murder charges. However, In the grand scheme it’s not a big deal. The writer of this article is just breathlessly clutching his pearls. He provided no additional facts that incriminate Brandon Miller.

Well getting back to the original thread.

And these are the kind of fans TX and OK are going to face for the next 10 years.

And where's that aggie dumb ass who came on here a few days ago and talked about how great SEC fans are.
And y'all think Chris Beard isn't getting hired. Bless your hearts.

They’ve been doing it all season. I agree they should have done away with this 2 second routine especially after one of their players is now facing capital murder charges. However, In the grand scheme it’s not a big deal. The writer of this article is just breathlessly clutching his pearls. He provided no additional facts that incriminate Brandon Miller.
I've read reports that the Tuscaloosa police have discovered evidence that contradicts the school's investigation. This is going to get worse for Keith Miller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT