ADVERTISEMENT

Arguing and bickering on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornMM

Oct 23, 2002
Texas
Guys (Longhorns and guests), enough of the petty, mundane, meaningless sniping that has been going on here. I've asked several times to please stop with this kind of behavior. It adds nothing and clutters up the board. Folks aren't going to agree on everything. That's human nature. There is nothing wrong with good natured give and take. However, the insults, name calling, condescending and arrogant tone that some posters use (again BOTH Longhorns and guests) has no place here. I don't want to have to ban anyone, but if it continues, I'm going to. If it is so important to you to have a prolonged argument with someone about stuff like this, then get each other's email address or phone number and take it there. Thank you.

Nice post and I agree wholeheartedly. I think you are doing a great job. Down the road if you need some help I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered.

Reactions: BHow20
I am not kissing ya butt here, but ya doing a "Grand Job" here! You walk like PNG did when he was Mod, you got my respect MM!

Hook'em

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm just trying to help make this place a little better by cleaning up a few things.
happy0001.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Chris Jessie:
Nice post and I agree wholeheartedly. I think you are doing a great job. Down the road if you need some help I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered.
flush.r191677.gif

Noticed you locked yet another thread where soonertulsan posted. In most cases, that's his goal. Better to either delete his posts and let the thread run it's course or just get it over with and ban him.

Just my $0.02.

Originally posted by Jagged Horn:
Noticed you locked yet another thread where soonertulsan posted. In most cases, that's his goal. Better to either delete his posts and let the thread run it's course or just get it over with and ban him.

Just my $0.02.
What about fizzwilly starting a thread and calling out scholz, I thought that would be frowned upon too.

Originally posted by blh111:

Just my $0.02.
What about fizzwilly starting a thread and calling out scholz, I thought that would be frowned upon too.
You have to fill out some paperwork before you can be a "Confidential Informant" BLH!

Hook'em

Originally posted by FlourBluffHorn:

Just my $0.02.
You have to fill out some paperwork before you can be a "Confidential Informant" BLH!

Hook'em
You would know.

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorns_FI6HT:
Keep doing a great job MM. You have my respect.

*fist bump*
Thanks, TLF. I realize that not everyone is going to agree with every decision I make, and that's ok. If I were worried about making everyone happy, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm supposed to do.

Hook'em!
t163.r191677.gif

Just my $0.02.
Yeah, he did that again today. He does it quite a bit.

Originally posted by Scholz:

Just my $0.02.
Yeah, he did that again today. He does it quite a bit.
And he keeps getting away with it.

Thank you sir. Hard to filter thru the banter to get to the real stories. Well done.

Originally posted by Texas_Longhorns_FI6HT:
Keep doing a great job MM. You have my respect.

*fist bump*
Agree. MM is a fair Mod and does a good job.

Some interesting excerpts from The 48 Laws of Power:

LAW 9 - WIN THROUGH YOUR ACTIONS, NEVER THROUGH ARGUMENT

Any momentary triumph you think you have gained through argument is really a Pyrrhic victory: The resentment and ill will you stir up is stronger and lasts longer than any momentary change of opinion. It is much more powerful to get others to agree with you through your actions, without saying a word. Demonstrate, do not explicate.

We all believe we are masters in the realm of opinions and reasoning. You must be careful, then: Learn to demonstrate the correctness of your ideas indirectly.

Understand this: Words are a dime a dozen. Everyone knows that in the heat of an argument, we will say anything to support our cause.

I've avoided this board for over a month. Posting today a fellow horn fan unloaded his myopic view. I understand why other posters can't stand Scholz and sympathize with them. I'll stay away awhile longer...

I, m not one to complain, I'm here for information on what is happening with the Longhorns. The only draw back is this is social media and these types are going to occur on this website and if you ask Charlie Strong he will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT