ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Restaurants (funny and sad)

Leanderthal

Feb 3, 2015
I just thought this was funny because ever since Baylor got to be decent, they have become pretty intolerable. So Baylor hosts a recruiting function over the weekend and put up a poster saying they are getting a bunch of new restaurants and an actual hotel: Pappadeaux, Pappasito's, In-N-Out, Whole Foods, Uncle Mario's, Potbelly, Omni, etc.

Problem is, they made most of it up... it created some buzz online and restaurants were asked about it, and the restaurants had to put out statements that there are no plans to build in Waco. Why would they really?

Pretty embarrassing that they know their town sucks so bad that they have to make up propaganda that they are getting some new food choices, as if that would convince recruits that it would be a good idea to spend their college years in Waco.

Just to throw a slight bit of salt in the wound, I just happen to know that Austin is about to get their 2nd location of Pappadeaux, right across 183 from Rudy's BBQ, and that is no lie...

Hook 'Em!

Waco Tribune Article

Jesus, that's pathetic.

Pappadeaux is utterly meh to me, but it's easy to see why it would be a big deal in that shithole.

When I was there, the best selling point was --- only 90 miles from Dallas, and 90 miles from Austin!

Originally posted by diadevic:

When I was there, the best selling point was --- only 90 miles from Dallas, and 90 miles from Austin!
I've always felt that was one of the best selling points for Waco... the road trips to Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston aren't too bad. It's definitely one of those things that Tech has to overcome...

I actually saw it on Deadspin first and there's a really funny comment on the bottom of that page:

"I heard they're getting a Davidians too. It's not a flagship store, just a branch."

Deadspin Version

Well, my daughter and money are about to go to Baylor so was really hoping for that Pappadeaux. Just had dinner at George's, not a bad spot though.

Originally posted by Leanderthal:

I actually saw it on Deadspin first and there's a really funny comment on the bottom of that page:

"I heard they're getting a Davidians too. It's not a flagship store, just a branch."
LMAO
roll.r191677.gif

Oh please.... there's the Elizabeth Barret browning museum, there's dan Cody's, there the cage that they keep the bear in..... oh, oh, there's that railroad bridge you can jump off of like the seniors do when they graduate. There's dancing on campus now.....

That's it, I'm all out.

Originally posted by WRLHookem:
Well, my daughter and money are about to go to Baylor so was really hoping for that Pappadeaux. Just had dinner at George's, not a bad spot though.
It's hard to pass the circle without stopping at Health Camp.

Originally posted by Cotton #12:
TheTexas sports hall of fame in an interesting visit,other than that,What else in Waco would you want to see? Waco has ?????
Dr. Pepper museum. Free Dr. Pepper floats.

I can h elp you boys out.

let's see we have a recent Heisman Trophy you can look at But no touch and we have two big 12 championship trophies will let you take pictures of and of course we have the Texas Ranger museum, Cameron Park, Lake Waco, hey beautiful new football stadium, wonderful facilities, beautiful people and the good thing is we don't have All The scum on 6th Street like you boys in Austin.

you bOys are starting to sound envious and perhaps you're just getting sick of Baylor kicking your ass.

you horns never learn anything. winning February is great but it didn't help you when you lose 4 out of 5 games to the Baylor Bears.

I just thought this was funny because ever since Baylor got to be decent, they have become pretty intolerable. So Baylor hosts a recruiting function over the weekend and put up a poster saying they are getting a bunch of new restaurants and an actual hotel: Pappadeaux, Pappasito's, In-N-Out, Whole Foods, Uncle Mario's, Potbelly, Omni, etc.

Problem is, they made most of it up... it created some buzz online and restaurants were asked about it, and the restaurants had to put out statements that there are no plans to build in Waco. Why would they really?

Pretty embarrassing that they know their town sucks so bad that they have to make up propaganda that they are getting some new food choices, as if that would convince recruits that it would be a good idea to spend their college years in Waco.

Just to throw a slight bit of salt in the wound, I just happen to know that Austin is about to get their 2nd location of Pappadeaux, right across 183 from Rudy's BBQ, and that is no lie...

Hook 'Em!
But....it's still Baylor which is still in Waco. You guys have had our number the last five years like everyone else, no doubt...but how many bowl wins you guys have in that five years? Did you lose any big bowl games? You have any top 10 finishes? Or do you just have once championship and one co-conference championship to illustrate the best period in the history of your football team?

My wife went to BU and so did her dad. I've been there several times. The campus is nice but once you step foot off campus the town is a shit hole.

Health Camp? Decent burgers and hot dogs. Yippee!
Elite? Crap
Viteks? That used to be good, is it still open?
There used to be a joint way off campus(west I think) that had American and Vietnamese type food. The wife was from Vietnam and the husband was a retired Marine. They had great burgers and made veggie fries that were killer. Is it still open?

Originally posted by RealBear:
I can h elp you boys out.

let's see we have a recent Heisman Trophy you can look at But no touch and we have two big 12 championship trophies will let you take pictures of and of course we have the Texas Ranger museum, Cameron Park, Lake Waco, hey beautiful new football stadium, wonderful facilities, beautiful people and the good thing is we don't have All The scum on 6th Street like you boys in Austin.

you bOys are starting to sound envious and perhaps you're just getting sick of Baylor kicking your ass.

you horns never learn anything. winning February is great but it didn't help you when you lose 4 out of 5 games to the Baylor Bears.
LMAO... you have 3 trophies from the last 40 years and are bragging about letting us "look" at them? Bwahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaha..... beautiful people? I have lived in Waco and can tell you that not 6 blocks from downtown is one of the BIGGEST crack dens I have ever seen in the world... and there are more than 1.... yeah you got LOADS of scum downtown... and it starts right around 15th and Columbus.... so try lying to someone else - like your school did about these places coming to Waco.....

Envious? of the shit hole that is ALMOST as bad as b/cs? You have to be one of the ppl I spoke of smoking crack in Waco.... it would explain a lot about you..

ANd you Baylor fans are retarded... hanging your hat on 2 CC (in 18 years in the Big 12, and forget how many years in the SWC before you won your last one there) and 4 out of 5 over Texas during one of Texas' worst runs in history... You bears fans never learn anything.. nice choke job vs Michigan State this year to represent your "Big 12 Championship" season.... it was almost as embarrassing as your getting smashed by UCF in the Fiesta the year before... Texas and ou have doen some coaching shuffling in case you missed it.. and Texas may very well have an offense to go with the defense that forced yoru offense into one of its worst days ever.... hope you enjoyed your time in the spotlight b/c Baylor is going to fall.... and fall hard...

Hell I may even be willing to make a sig/posting bet with you on nexts years game when OOC play is done... loser stays away for the entire season....... but we will discuss that when it gets closer.

The best CFS discussion begins and ends with Mary's Cafe in Strawn,TX.

The rest of the universe fights for #2.

Why wait Longhorn Soldier? I take that bet, straight up, right now, and neither one of us know what our QB will be like, now do we. You have the nads or not? Well, not the sig bet, but loser stays away fo the entire season.

lol. It's so cute how Baylor fan thinks they have arrived, and still can't win a bowl game. Your time is almost up, and you've wasted your once in a lifetime opportunity to do anything big. Too bad. Get ready move back in the basement, with your cute little high school stadium. Lol

I will bet any Bear fan right now on the winner of next years game.

UT wins and (insert Bear fan here) stays off this site. Bears win and I'll stay off sicemsports.com

Sounds fair, right? Why limit it to one year? I'm game to make it a forever bet. BTW, congrats on your recent trophy case additions. Your team earned them fair and square. If you'd like to see some national championship trophies, head south on I-35 about 90 miles.

I will bet any Bear fan right now on the winner of next years game.

UT wins and (insert Bear fan here) stays off this site. Bears win and I'll stay off sicemsports.com

Sounds fair, right? Why limit it to one year? I'm game to make it a forever bet. BTW, congrats on your recent trophy case additions. Your team earned them fair and square. If you'd like to see some national championship trophies, head south on I-35 about 90 miles.
Five posts for Leanderthal, 2 straight conference championships for BU. Better get busy Leanderthal - we're going to pass you.

Originally posted by Metcalf #2:
lol. It's so cute how Baylor fan thinks they have arrived, and still can't win a bowl game. Your time is almost up, and you've wasted your once in a lifetime opportunity to do anything big. Too bad. Get ready move back in the basement, with your cute little high school stadium. Lol
Holy cow, man, you bring up bowl games after Charlie and the boys let the hawgs go in dry? My gawd man, 59 total freaking yards for the whole bowl, and make Texas the laughing stock of the Big 12, with those sick SEC, SEC, SEC idiots leading the laughs?

Please Metcalf, don't lead with your chin like this. It hurts me to see you do this stuff.

Pappadeaux...really?? That is passable if you don't have other great seafood restaurants. I pass a few here in Dallas on my way to Nates...
wink.r191677.gif

Realbear, you're an idiot. Yeah we're down, but when we're winning, we actual win something. National Championship, BCS bowl wins. Lots more bowl wins outside of that. When you FINALLY manage to win a couple conference championships, mainly just because the conference is down, you follow that up with bowl choke jobs. Then you still go all aggy and act like you're on top of the world! Lol. Your time is up. You've squandered your only chance to actually do something big. Texas is coming back, and you will get run over. Get your mind right.

Why wait Longhorn Soldier? I take that bet, straight up, right now, and neither one of us know what our QB will be like, now do we. You have the nads or not? Well, not the sig bet, but loser stays away fo the entire season.
ok numbnuts - of course I have "the nads".. I was the one who suggested the bet remember? I just wanted to see if Texas made it out of OOC without any major injuries since we dont play a schedule full of hardcore cupcakes like Incarnate Word like baylor does.....

But yeah I make the bet here and now... Texas beats baylor you stay gone ----- FOREVER since you wanna act all smug.. however if baylor wins I will stay gone till the season is over.... now... since you wanted to try and call me out and act liek a shit stain - do you " have the nads" to accept this... I mean you altered the terms of my original offer and acted liek I was a coward if I didnt accept your version. so whats it gonna be junior? You have the nads to man up to this bet?

And fwiw - I have ALWAYS honored my bets - the same cant be said for a majority of the visitors here though.... and I am not sure you would live up to this one either... and I doubt anyone would be asking for you to coem back like we did for mike...

so RealDumbBear - do you have the nads? Either say yes or move the fvck on junior.

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

ok numbnuts - of course I have "the nads".. I was the one who suggested the bet remember? I just wanted to see if Texas made it out of OOC without any major injuries since we dont play a schedule full of hardcore cupcakes like Incarnate Word like baylor does.....

But yeah I make the bet here and now... Texas beats baylor you stay gone ----- FOREVER since you wanna act all smug.. however if baylor wins I will stay gone till the season is over.... now... since you wanted to try and call me out and act liek a shit stain - do you " have the nads" to accept this... I mean you altered the terms of my original offer and acted liek I was a coward if I didnt accept your version. so whats it gonna be junior? You have the nads to man up to this bet?

And fwiw - I have ALWAYS honored my bets - the same cant be said for a majority of the visitors here though.... and I am not sure you would live up to this one either... and I doubt anyone would be asking for you to coem back like we did for mike...

so RealDumbBear - do you have the nads? Either say yes or move the fvck on junior.
I was going to make you stay away, as there is little doubt the Baylor Bears are gonna steamroll the Horns in Waco next fall, but you called me all those jr hi names. You must be what 14 or 15? I don't bet with juvenile delinquent potty mouths.

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

I was going to make you stay away, as there is little doubt the Baylor Bears are gonna steamroll the Horns in Waco next fall, but you called me all those jr hi names. You must be what 14 or 15? I don't bet with juvenile delinquent potty mouths.
So that's a NO right? and I don't make bets for retards to act fly and try to alter them to fit their needs and then try to make me seem like a coward if I decline..... and fwiw realbear - I am one of the FEW who actually honor my bets when I lose... don't think I can say the same for you seeing as how you always talk a big game and then run away......

Just admit you wont take the bet b/c you are gutless and a borderline troll and we can move on.. I have been on this board for close to 12 or 13 years... you however didn't show up till Baylor actually started to trend up - like a chicken shit... and yet you have the audacity to call me "juvenile"? Especially after you asked me if I "had the nads"? Who the hell even says that type of crap except - you guessed it - 11 year olds..... juvenile indeed....

And fwiw you weren't going to make me do anything b/c if you were soooo sure of Baylor beating Texas then you would have still taken the bet... but something tells me that you talked faster than you thought and when I called you on it you balked.... if you are sooo sure then take the bet.. I would still leave the board for the rest of the season... but I know you are scared to have to stay away forever should Texas beat the bears this year.....

Either take the bet or don't ever reply to me or post anything dealing with me... You have been annoying trash almost the whole time you have been here. Now put up or get the fvck on junior.

Longlipsarmybrat

You want to bet or just continue to be a potty mouth?

I don't believe you are part of the ch strong group singing "lets ride", more like mack brown and "let's glide".

Lets go even up like a man. Loser is gone from this board forever is first option or loser is gone for the season is second option. You may choose.

And I'm pretty sure I've been writing on this board longer than you.

Longlipsarmybrat

You want to bet or just continue to be a potty mouth?

I don't believe you are part of the ch strong group singing "lets ride", more like mack brown and "let's glide".

Lets go even up like a man. Loser is gone from this board forever is first option or loser is gone for the season is second option. You may choose.

And I'm pretty sure I've been writing on this board longer than you.
I told you to put up or shut up. So quit dancing around the bet... take it or leave it and stop with the games. And I support Strong or whoever is coaching my team, that's what a TRUE fan does.

And quit trying to alter the bet each time you post... you did that the 1st time, and now are trying again. YOU lose and leave forever, I lose I leave till the end of the season.... originally it was just till the end of the season for either of us, and you had to act like a retard. SO either take the bet like it is or simply say no... and again, STOP with the games. All you had to do if you wanted it to be "even up" was agree to it originally as it was stated and not try to change the timing of it or anything else, but you had to act like a big boy... so take my bet as it stands now or just shut up. I chose the stipulations in the beginning and YOU wanted to change parts of it - ie: the timing of when it was made, and then tried to insult me with the "do you have the nads" comment....

And NO you haven't been here posting longer than I have douche bag - and you can ask ANYONE who has been on this board for over 10 years. YOU didn't show up here and start posting till Baylor started to be semi decent.. which has been in the last 5 years or so.... I was here years before the NC game in 2005.... so go ahead and ask anyone you want.

Either way though - accept the bet or show everyone here what a piece of shit loser troll you want to be, and continue to run your mouth and try to deflect the fact that your mouth runs faster than your brain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT