ADVERTISEMENT

Bold prediction

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
1. TCU goes undefeated for the season and makes it all the way to the championship game, but losses.

2. LSU loses 5 games on the year, and the seat gets too hot for Les. HE GONE.

3. Texas goes 9-3 on the year with losses to Notre Dame, TCU and West Virgina a team we didn't expect to lose to. Texas goes undefeated at home, and beats Oklahoma and Baylor.

4. Baylor with all the hype and top 5 preseason ranking, ends the year with 4 losses. TCU, KSU, Texas, and disappointing bowl game they didn't want to be in.

5. Oklahoma loses 5 games and Bob begins to feel the heat, blOwU fans begin to openly talk about going to the SEC or Pac like they actually have a choice in the matter.

6. LSU hires Patterson away from TCU and unleashes the Kracken on the rest of college football. However in the change both TCU and LSU lose commitments to Texas. Dee Anderson, Eric Fowler, and Denzel Okafor.

7. Aggsy go 7-6 on the year and end the year with a recruiting class ranked outside the top 25. Aggsy spin that next year their window is open for a championship now that Les is gone and Chavis has a year under his belt. They also claim that Sumlin got the guys he wanted and it's a way underrated class, as good as any in the top 10 and easily better than Texas class.

8. Everyone laughs at aggsy. (okay that was a no brainer)

Patterson isn't leaving TCU. Too many side deals cut with big alumni. He would have to get something like that from LSU big wigs to walk. If we go 9-3 in regular season, I will personally give you a hand job. I know it would be a first for me. We won't beat Baylor. Unless there's injuries on the Baylor roster, they should keep our D on its heels in the second half of the game. LSU could easily drop 5 games. OU could easily drop 5 as well.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Patterson isn't leaving TCU. Too many side deals cut with big alumni. He would have to get something like that from LSU big wigs to walk. If we go 9-3 in regular season, I will personally give you a hand job. I know it would be a first for me. We won't beat Baylor. Unless there's injuries on the Baylor roster, they should keep our D on its heels in the second half of the game. LSU could easily drop 5 games. OU could easily drop 5 as well.

Okay, but my lubricant of choice is called Wet Silk.

And no looking me in the eye, I mean it.

I just do not see Patterson leaving TCU for another school.Now,some of his assitants will jump.He has control over his program and has it rolling.Texas,9-3.I wish but I like the Mackovic quote," you are either green and growing or ripe and rotting" and Texas is very GREEN this year

I just do not see Patterson leaving TCU for another school.Now,some of his assitants will jump.He has control over his program and has it rolling.Texas,9-3.I wish but I like the Mackovic quote," you are either green and growing or ripe and rotting" and Texas is very GREEN this year

Come on, do you seriously think TCU could win a bidding match with a program like LSU? Their pockets are so much deeper and their alumni are well versed at dropping coin for what they want.

Lets not forget him at LSU is a recruiting nightmare for the rest of college football, he is a good recruiter who is also a great developer of talent. Imagine what he could do when he gets his to keep the top of his wish list. When it comes to the loyalty of the football fans in the state of Louisiana, LSU trumps the Saints in fan following. He would become Nick Saban II there.

Okay, but my lubricant of choice is called Wet Silk.

And no looking me in the eye, I mean it.
Jez: I don't which two of you are the sickest. "Clob", you for offering or "Son of", you for accepting. You guys are not closet aggies are you? We go 9 and 3, I know a couple of gals who will take care of both your "needs". That is, unless you would prefer to spend a little time with each other.

Your strongest prediction is the 7-6 Texas A&M season. They think because of chavis, he will fix all the defensive issues in one year. He won't and the defense will just be a little better than last years.

Agree AusTex, Chavis is good but he can't fix everything in one year. I'm glad he's not at LSU anymore as the defense was not good for the last few years and a change was in order. Having said that I do think he will improve A&M's defense eventually.

I figured the strongest position was #8. Pretty much thought it was a lock.

As for the rest, I'm pretty sure this is why they were called BOLD Predictions.

Something else aggsy need to think about.

just like we see great athletes grow old and become a shadow of their former self. Great coaches do the same thing. Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden, Bo Shembeckler, and Lavelle Edwards are just a few of the greatest coaches that in the end were shells of their former selves.

Sounds like Chavis is as well, only difference is Aggsy don't know it. Time will tell.

I have a bold prediction of my own. Mixon scores 3 times in yet another 40 point beat down of the horns. How do you like them apples! LOL

Come on, do you seriously think TCU could win a bidding match with a program like LSU? Their pockets are so much deeper and their alumni are well versed at dropping coin for what they want.

Lets not forget him at LSU is a recruiting nightmare for the rest of college football, he is a good recruiter who is also a great developer of talent. Imagine what he could do when he gets his to keep the top of his wish list. When it comes to the loyalty of the football fans in the state of Louisiana, LSU trumps the Saints in fan following. He would become Nick Saban II there.
He has had many other job offers at Tcu,prefers Chicken Fried Steak to Gumbo.When is the last time you have visited TCU,New stadium,New indoor practice field and feels he can achieve it all where he is at.He also learned a lesson from a mentor coach in Fran who left for Alabama and A&M and how did that work out.If you have 3 losing seasons at LSU,you are fired,at TCU,you still have a job.

Agree AusTex, Chavis is good but he can't fix everything in one year. I'm glad he's not at LSU anymore as the defense was not good for the last few years and a change was in order. Having said that I do think he will improve A&M's defense eventually.
Tiger,

I was curious about your LSU defense comment. Just checked NCAA stats. LSU's D ranking from 2011-2014 was 8,8,8 and 9. I guess that drop from 8 to 9 just wasn't acceptable. Just giving you a hard time. Chavis is the man but change is always good sometimes.

Baylor has 17 starters returning. BU is loaded everywhere, EXCEPT a new QB. Most Bear fans are enthusiastic about Seth Russell - he is a much better overall athlete than Bryce Petty, but it will be extremely difficult to replace the experience, leadership and arm strength. But if he is anywhere close ---- BU undefeated and in the Final 4. Cut me some slack - its still July.

Baylor has 17 starters returning. BU is loaded everywhere, EXCEPT a new QB. Most Bear fans are enthusiastic about Seth Russell - he is a much better overall athlete than Bryce Petty, but it will be extremely difficult to replace the experience, leadership and arm strength. But if he is anywhere close ---- BU undefeated and in the Final 4. Cut me some slack - its still July.
What do you consider loaded? Their defense sucked against real competition and their offense lost a play caller and QB, flawless transition seems unlikely and yes, there is the unknown at QB. But, I'll give you some slack since they only lost two games last year.

3. Texas goes 9-3 on the year with losses to Notre Dame, TCU and West Virgina a team we didn't expect to lose to. Texas goes undefeated at home, and beats Oklahoma and Baylor.

I'd be rather happy with this, not because it would be "good enough" to go 9-3, but because that would be a little ahead of where I thought we would be and might make me start thinking really, really big for 2016. Right now, I think we should be up there for 2016, but might have to hold off on the REALLY big predictions until 2017.

Seems like a lot of sites that I've seen are predicting we'll go 7-5, and I am thinking a little more like 8-4 (and of course, hopefully an extra win in a bowl in any scenario). Now if only we could go 9-3 or better and NOT have one of the losses be Notre Dame.

Not so much about rankings in my mind. It's thinks like giving up a 4th and 21 to Clemson in a Peach Bowl loss and giving up 40+ to Mississippi State and Auburn last year. I honestly felt that the entire staff should have been fired after the embarrassment of that loss to Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT