ADVERTISEMENT

Deandre Jordan

People forget how dirty DeAndre Jordan's recruitment was in high school. Only reason he went to A&M is because they hired his AAU coach.

Reactions: StainedOrange
Crazy deal. I see a HUGE lawsuit coming. Cuban will burn the Clippers organization to the ground.

Never do business with an Aggie. What a complete turd.

I'm sure Cuban will throw everything he can at this but I think it's kinda cool how his teammates came together and showed how much he is wanted.

Crazy deal. I see a HUGE lawsuit coming. Cuban will burn the Clippers organization to the ground.

Law Suit? He did nothing wrong. Cuban is a crybaby douche. He threw a hissy about the Chris Paul to Lakers trade about how it was unfair (that eventually got nixed), now he is crying about this. How is this different than a kid that gives a Verbal to a College, then on signing day (or the day before) decides to change his mind and go to a different school? A verbal means nothing and he was still Clippers property until he actually signed with the Mavs.

What's he going to sue over? Per the CBA players and teams can't even enter into verbal agreements during the moratorium. It's a stupid rule, but it's pretty clear.

Nah, Cuban is setting up for a fire sale. Trying to build a championship team through free agency is tough. Time to get creative in a new way.

Nah, Cuban is setting up for a fire sale. Trying to build a championship team through free agency is tough. Time to get creative in a new way.

Blow it up and tank and build through the draft. That's really our only option. Dallas just isn't a team that can attract the big time free agents.

Blow it up and tank and build through the draft. That's really our only option. Dallas just isn't a team that can attract the big time free agents.
Problem 1 = Mavs may lose no. 1 pick next year from Rondo deal. Ouch. Issue no. 1 = there is no lawsuit. But this does reflect poorly on Jordan. Still waiting for the Aggies to come on here and defend their honor code - "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do." Let's not tolerate De Andre!

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
It won't be easy, and it's not a given that it will payoff anytime soon, but there is really no other option. There are only a handful of teams that get to play in the free agent lottery and Dallas just isn't one of them.

Law Suit? He did nothing wrong. Cuban is a crybaby douche. He threw a hissy about the Chris Paul to Lakers trade about how it was unfair (that eventually got nixed), now he is crying about this. How is this different than a kid that gives a Verbal to a College, then on signing day (or the day before) decides to change his mind and go to a different school? A verbal means nothing and he was still Clippers property until he actually signed with the Mavs.

We'll see. Doesn't hurt my feelings either way. My Spurs just signed the best free agent in Aldridge. And West is a huge bonus!

Reactions: Scholz
It won't be easy, and it's not a given that it will payoff anytime soon, but there is really no other option. There are only a handful of teams that get to play in the free agent lottery and Dallas just isn't one of them.
I agree 100%. I wasn't sold on Jordan - unbelievable that a guy can get a max contract, when he can't shoot free throws. But Mavs are now reduced to hoping they find another Dirk in the draft. Its going to take a lot of years and a little luck to get this back on track.

Not to mention, did Jordan ever himself public state or release any kind of statement, tweet, instagram post that he was going to Dallas? All of the news either came from his Agent, the Mavs or "Sources". I don't believe Jordan ever publicly said anything.

Not to mention, did Jordan ever himself public state or release any kind of statement, tweet, instagram post that he was going to Dallas? All of the news either came from his Agent, the Mavs or "Sources". I don't believe Jordan ever publicly said anything.

Not sure it really matters at this point. I think everyone is comfortable with the fact pattern that he changed his mind which is exactly what the moratorium allows. I don't know if anyone is arguing that Jordan never really verbally agreed. It's just somewhat unprecedented on this scale because it never happens but the written rules certainly allow it.

I think verbal commitment in recruiting is the best analogy, but even then it's apples and oranges, as you get a chance every year to sign elite players in recruiting, NBA free agency doesn't have big fish every year.

Actually not true at all. Cuban is one of the best owners in sports and his IQ is off the charts.

I didn't realize that Jordan was an aggy. I don't remember him playing at a&m.
I'd take Cuban and J.Jones as owners any day of the week. They may butt in where not necessary, and embarrass themselves at times, but there is no doubt they want to win - they put their money where their mouth is.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I'd take Cuban and J.Jones as owners any day of the week. They may butt in where not necessary, and embarrass themselves at times, but there is no doubt they want to win - they put their money where their mouth is.

I'd take Cuban for sure. JJ was approaching Al Davis territory, but has seemed to come back to earth a bit recently. JJ wants to win no doubt but he also wants the credit that's why he is also GM, and a lot of his decisions play into the lack of on field success of the Cowboys. He's made some great moves recently as GM but a lot more stupid ones. There are lots of other great NFL owners who don't have that ego.

Actually not true at all. Cuban is one of the best owners in sports and his IQ is off the charts.

I didn't realize that Jordan was an aggy. I don't remember him playing at a&m.

He's absolutely one of the best owners, but he's also a crybaby.

No Cuban is not the best owner, he is a moron.

The San Antonio Spurs have the best owner in all of sports. He found a winning coach and GM and doesn't interfere with them doing their job. Give me that type of owner any day over a guy that wants to have his hands in the mix 24/7.

Reactions: StainedOrange
No Cuban is not the best owner, he is a moron.

The San Antonio Spurs have the best owner in all of sports. He found a winning coach and GM and doesn't interfere with them doing their job. Give me that type of owner any day over a guy that wants to have his hands in the mix 24/7.
Totally agree, just sign the checks and do not be seen

Totally agree, just sign the checks and do not be seen
Peter Holt does a lot more than just sign the checks. He's actually quite involved.

But you are correct about the "do not be seen" part. He's not an attention whore who has used his power as an NBA owner to star in reality shows and make himself the face of his franchise, like Cuban (and Jerry Jones).

I like the Mavs, but Cuban got what he deserved. He cries more than anyone, especially when Paul was traded to the Lakers (which was nixed). What Jordan did, was within the rules. Owners sh!t on players all the time, so be it. Mark Cuban has said over and over again on his own show, that nothing is final until that paperwork is signed.

I like the Mavs, but Cuban got what he deserved. He cries more than anyone, especially when Paul was traded to the Lakers (which was nixed). What Jordan did, was within the rules. Owners sh!t on players all the time, so be it. Mark Cuban has said over and over again on his own show, that nothing is final until that paperwork is signed.

I know a lot of Mavs fans are pissed, but I agree that is basically what the rules allow. It's unfortunate, but if it was an honest change in heart, I can't hold that against him. The only reason I am pissed is the way it was handled by him. You need to be upfront with the Mavs in that situation and not hide like a bitch. The Mavs would still be screwed but at least he would have faced it like a man.

I know a lot of Mavs fans are pissed, but I agree that is basically what the rules allow. It's unfortunate, but if it was an honest change in heart, I can't hold that against him. The only reason I am pissed is the way it was handled by him. You need to be upfront with the Mavs in that situation and not hide like a bitch. The Mavs would still be screwed but at least he would have faced it like a man.

^^^^This

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT