ADVERTISEMENT

Dream team staff for Sark.

Bevo1979

Feb 26, 2007
I like that Stan Drayton is staying. We need a offensive line coach ASAP. I would hope he keeps Chris Ash as the DC. If he does not then I'm hearing Will Muschamp may be in the running for the DC spot. I will be honest and say that I do not know what coaches will compliment Sarkisian or make a great staff for Sarkisian to hire. Clob from some of your post I read your not a fan of this hire. I know you have the playing experience and I'm sure you still keep up with coaching gurus or the new up and coming coaches kids gravitate to. Could you possible lay out a staff that would make Sarkisian successful that the past 2 coaches? Could Will Muschamp take this Texas defense to another level? What offensive line coaches could Sarkisian possibly bring with him?

Sark will probably try to bring Kyle Flood with him (OL) and that would be incredible.

This isn't a sexy hire, and we all have our doubts. But if he can get an elite staff together then he'll have a shot to be successful.

Charlie Strong did not put together a very good staff from the start. It was a problem.
Tom Herman did not put together a very good staff from the start. It was a problem.

Sark will suffer the same fate if he can't put together a staff that can develop their players.

Reactions: Gunn9624
Did you see Muschamp's defense at South Carolina? I know he wasn't the DC but still

Did you see Muschamp's defense at South Carolina? I know he wasn't the DC but still

Ash, Giles, and Hutzler...I hope those mesh with Sark and stay. Not sure about Valai. The way he handled the CB rotation and their lack of development is concerning. The amount of talent at CB is high. With that said, I'm not in the room or at practice...why I said I'm not sure about Valai.

Reactions: Gunn9624
Ash, Giles, and Hutzler...I hope those mesh with Sark and stay. Not sure about Valai. The way he handled the CB rotation and their lack of development is concerning. The amount of talent at CB is high. With that said, I'm not in the room or at practice...why I said I'm not sure about Valai.

I think Vilai should stay. After OSU the secondary started improving. Given a spring practice to be with his players would help. Maybe sharing secondary duties with someone like one is cb's and one is safety. Combined with releasing Mark Hudson would allow SS with at least one of his guys on defense.

What is starting to interest me is who will be the new s&c coach. I have no idea who is a hot name.

I think Vilai should stay. After OSU the secondary started improving. Given a spring practice to be with his players would help. Maybe sharing secondary duties with someone like one is cb's and one is safety. Combined with releasing Mark Hudson would allow SS with at least one of his guys on defense.

What is starting to interest me is who will be the new s&c coach. I have no idea who is a hot name.

Ash coaches safeties

Ash coaches safeties

I knew that I just wanted to see if you knew that.

And I thought I saw where Vilai (sic?) only coached cb's but then I went back today and looked at the coaching staff online and all it showed was that Vilai coached secondary not anything specific.

But now the big specific is the new s&c coach. I will look forward to the choice and his background.

Oh and on this sight in less than 24 hours they already had SS picture as the new hc. Well that didn't long 😃

Reactions: weevilcatch
Be careful what ya wish for Weev.......

Stranger...I don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean, lol.

Who you bring in on your staff 1000000000000000% matters. You can't say, just win games I don't care who it is. It matters, period. Winning is the culmination of a million little things on a daily basis. Winning doesn't just happen with talent and/or money. It is a cliche, but it is the truth...take care of every little detail in everything on and off the field and winning will take care of itself.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Stranger...I don't know what the hell this is supposed to mean, lol.

Who you bring in on your staff 1000000000000000% matters. You can't say, just win games I don't care who it is. It matters, period. Winning is the culmination of a million little things on a daily basis. Winning doesn't just happen with talent and/or money. It is a cliche, but it is the truth...take care of every little detail in everything on and off the field and winning will take care of itself.

But, what if he can;t get the Dream Team and has to take what he can get...thats why I think Coaches should be hired at the same time as his asst and one contract made for all of them...

I really think that some of you guys are brutal in trying to guess him out..already wondering what gonna happen if he drinks or if he can't get the Coaches you want for him, you wanted Herman gone and hes gone, and then here ya are trying to run off another Coach cause he a ex drinker, I wanna win as bad as ya;ll do but, damn give him a break, you done got your Xmas presents by Herman being fired, buncha spoiled rich kids you are!...LOL

Just think how different a conversation we'd be having right now if Ingram doesn't drop that 5 yd pass against LSU and doesn't fumble on the 1 foot line against TCU.

Not a fan of the Sark hire but what do I know? I liked the Strong and Herman hires and we all know how those turned out!

Reactions: TX1972
I really think that some of you guys are brutal in trying to guess him out..already wondering what gonna happen if he drinks or if he can't get the Coaches you want for him, you wanted Herman gone and hes gone, and then here ya are trying to run off another Coach cause he a ex drinker, I wanna win as bad as ya;ll do but, damn give him a break, you done got your Xmas presents by Herman being fired, buncha spoiled rich kids you are!...LOL

Who is trying to run him off?

who knows what will happen and who will be hired?. The one thing I believe is that the most successful organizations out there hire the best people available....and then let them succeed or fail doing their jobs.

Herman did not start with the best people out there. When he did replace them with more competent people it was reported that he did not let them coach( he continued to call the game himself). I really have no way of knowing if this is true but as confused as some game calling looked, I do not doubt it.

I think the one thing that can really be a bad decision for a head coach is hiring his friends instead of hiring the best possible candidate available.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Just think how different a conversation we'd be having right now if Ingram doesn't drop that 5 yd pass against LSU and doesn't fumble on the 1 foot line against TCU.

Not a fan of the Sark hire but what do I know? I liked the Strong and Herman hires and we all know how those turned out!
Of course, we'd still have game management in the Iowa State game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT