ADVERTISEMENT

Dream team staff for Sark.

Well I don't there's any question that we need a great ol coach. I think we may finally have a solid ol to build on. I'm especially looking forward to watching Karic and especially Majors. We talk why did it take so long to start BR well why did it take so long to start Majors? But I'm going to wait and see we still have 8 months to go.

I see what you did there. and I agree, Mike Stoops will do a good job for you guys

Bell....dont ever quit being you....in fact the rumor I heard was Riley was thinking that he needs to step it up a notch on his staff to get over the hump...He is trying to find a spot for Blake....

Reactions: Belldozer1
Clob, get on this call and let us know how it goes.

From Bobby Burton:

Sarkisian will host a private Zoom call at 10am this morning with all former Texas football lettermen.

The call is expected to last an hour or so. Lettermen were notified by email yesterday and asked to participate as well as RSVP for the event.

From Bobby Burton:

Sarkisian will host a private Zoom call at 10am this morning with all former Texas football lettermen.

The call is expected to last an hour or so. Lettermen were notified by email yesterday and asked to participate as well as RSVP for the event.

I'm going to trust this hire. I think CDC had to make a move and with what was available it was a solid hire. If Sark can get the past players on boardand hit some recruiting home runs with the open spots we have left, we can get some momentum headed into next year.
Clob.........I expect a full transcript of the call........... ;)

Herman had to go. His own players disliked him so much they were telling recruits not to come.

And that's a part of the longhorn fb culture problem. We've had Mack's guys vs Charlie's guys and Charlie's guys vs Tom's guys. Some of these twitter back and fourth between these guys has been nasty. I do know that Jerrod Heard advised J'Tavion Sanders not to come to TX. See what I mean?

So SS is having a zoom meeting with former players? If it goes well this can be a start in the right direction and put an end to it because this is killing us.

Bo Davis is coming on board. Who do you think the DC is. I'm going on a limb here and stating it Muschamp but he is waiting on his buyout to be completed before he publicly states that he is taking the DC job at Texas. I'm liking this defensive staff.

Bo Davis is coming on board. Who do you think the DC is. I'm going on a limb here and stating it Muschamp but he is waiting on his buyout to be completed before he publicly states that he is taking the DC job at Texas. I'm liking this defensive staff.
That very well could be re muschamp
Keep an eye out for Dan Quinn as DC

Reactions: weevilcatch

Reports have said that Muschamp is not coming, unless new reports have recently came out

Reactions: Belldozer1
RoboCocks21 yes you are right. I am connecting the dots and going on a limb here. I'm no expert on how staffs are put together but I'm more than sure Sarkisian has his DC already and he is hiring based on what the DC is telling him. I may be completely wrong on my assumption but who else has worked with these 2 hires Gideon and Davis. I say behind scenes Muschamp has said yes but is waiting to secure his buyout. I know I can search the internet but what does Dan Quinn bring over Muschamp. I can say NFL experience and NFL championship.

RoboCocks21 yes you are right. I am connecting the dots and going on a limb here. I'm no expert on how staffs are put together but I'm more than sure Sarkisian has his DC already and he is hiring based on what the DC is telling him. I may be completely wrong on my assumption but who else has worked with these 2 hires Gideon and Davis. I say behind scenes Muschamp has said yes but is waiting to secure his buyout. I know I can search the internet but what does Dan Quinn bring over Muschamp. I can say NFL experience and NFL championship.
He hired Sark as his OC in Atlanta and was Pete Carroll’s DC in Seattle who we know Sark is close with. He’d be an outside the box hire so to speak but doesn’t make it bad

From what I've read today a fella by the name of Torrie Becton appears to be the choice for s&c coach. He's currently at Cal but he was with SS when he was at WA. I read he's highly respected which is good.

I don't want to repeat myself but in today's college fb the s&c coach is of equal importance as the coordinators. No incoming coach ever keeps the previous hc s&c guy. No coach spends more time with the players. I hope this guy is a good hire.

I read somewhere that Becton was going to be the STRENGTH coach, and a seperate position would be the conditioning coach.....like they do at Bama.

Bell....dont ever quit being you....in fact the rumor I heard was Riley was thinking that he needs to step it up a notch on his staff to get over the hump...He is trying to find a spot for Blake....
And to think my doctor wants me on medicine so I WON’T be me....I’m going with your recommendation and I’ll turn it up a notch just for good measure

Reactions: oldhorn2
Reports have said that Muschamp is not coming, unless new reports have recently came out
Muschamp is probably holding out for another head coaching opportunity,Chucklz. For that to happen he better get his ass down to Tuscaloosa and join the Saban assistant course being offered for broken coaches who get their asses handed to them and need a boost in confidence.

Reactions: EPerm25
Muschamp is probably holding out for another head coaching opportunity,Chucklz. For that to happen he better get his ass down to Tuscaloosa and join the Saban assistant course being offered for broken coaches who get their asses handed to them and need a boost in confidence.

Everyone needs a 3rd chance

From Bobby Burton:

Any news on how this went?

odom, muschamp, keep ash.... shoot, dial up chizik. i'd be down with any of these. the early returns are good so far-- staff building, keeping a calmingly low profile, reaching out to alumni. no idea how it'll work out in the end, but (this is my gauge on how i judge coaches) it seems like an adult is in charge.

So Mike Stoops not on the board any more? Bell and I would both say Damn!

Just saw the latest take on FP. They were saying Mike Yurcich has been hired as oc and qb coach at PS. Glad to see him land on his feet in less than a week. Their coach has a rule that his asst have good looking wives. No seriously he actually said that. So I guess that means MY has a good looking wife 😃 Whatever JF. Hope it works out ok for coach Yurcich.

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. New coach press conference and we get to hear about some of the hires Sarkisian has made to this point. The rumor is that the DC will not be named tomorrow. I'm still holding out hope that its Muschamp.

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. New coach press conference and we get to hear about some of the hires Sarkisian has made to this point. The rumor is that the DC will not be named tomorrow. I'm still holding out hope that its Muschamp.

He will be talking to Ash tomorrow, Muschamp is not coming

Honestly, I'd be ok keeping Ash. I think he was putting together a heck of a D towards the end. Just not sure about these D hires Sark is making if we are keeping Ash. It is odd we aren't seeing his name tied to other DC jobs. We shall know soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT