ADVERTISEMENT

Help me decide where to relocate ***spinoff thread***

mas4963

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2009
So I recently posted asking you guys about Madison, Wisconsin because I had done some research on there and wife and I liked the idea of somewhere somewhat similar to Austin vibe wise but we aren’t necessarily wanting the super intense winter if we don’t have to. So I’m looking for some recs of towns/cities for us to relocate to that fit the below criteria. Also just in case it helps I am 34 soon to be cpa and my wife is 31 and is a mental health therapist that works fully remote. We have a 1 year old and will have 1 more child in the next year or so. We are about ready to purchase our first home within the next 2 years and would like to do that wherever we decide to plant roots.

1.) our main reason wanting to leave texas is the weather. We want somewhere that has all 4 seasons, isn’t blistering hot, and actually gets cold and snows during the winter. But maybe not as intense as Wisconsin?

2.) Somewhere that is affordable. We are comfortable but def not rich and prefer to be frugal/live under our means and save that money for trips/experiences.

3.) Somewhere that is at least somewhat diverse. I’m black/white and she’s black so in an ideal world there’d at least be some type of diversity.

4.) good schools for our kids

5.) At least decent food/activities indoor and out/night life

6.) we would prefer to not be somewhere in the boonies. It can be slightly out of town but we don’t want to be in the middle of no where.

7.) Somewhere either Midwest, South, not crazy far from Texas/Georgia/Florida where most of our family is. But we def aren’t afraid to be somewhere by ourselves away from family.

Any recs that fit the above?

Reactions: 3DHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News