ADVERTISEMENT

Just Throwing this out to lurking aggys--

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
This is just to let you know thst we've not started one thread about you and your dumb a$$ team and their game today. Contrast that with texags where almost every single thread is about 'sips' and SEC nut swinging, and circle jerking over bama beating the dirt merchants.

One team's fans obsession noted.

Word is that aggy has started putting up Alabama's possible future National Championship sign at Kyle Field. It's been a slow process, though, due to all the crayons breaking.

Reactions: Hornsfan722
This is just to let you know thst we've not started one thread about you and your dumb a$$ team and their game today. Contrast that with texags where almost every single thread is about 'sips' and SEC nut swinging, and circle jerking over bama beating the dirt merchants.

One team's fans obsession noted.

Well drop yer balls on this clob!

Hook'em

Last edited:
I have to say A&M has looked pretty good tonight. Is it too early to proclaim that A&M is back? Errr wait.... back from what? Or back to what? Never mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
The ACC wad terrible this year. TX and OK could have done the same thing to someone like NCS. Clemson making it to the title game saved them from embarrassment.

NC St and aggy both lost to Wake the last time they played

I have an Aggie that lives in my vicinity and he’s pretty tolerable but I did catch him in a little bit of a fib that I need to call him on at some point. Him and his brother both played at Canyon in anew Braunfels and at A&M under Slocum in the 90’s. Both him and his brother were good in high school but not Div. 1 good, not at linebacker at least, that’s was their primary position in Hs. I asked him one day what position he played at A&M and he told me rush LB. Now he certainly had the size @ 6’2”, 240lb but I was skeptical about his game. Sure enough I looked it up and both him and his brother were long snappers under Slocum, not rush linebackers.

I am not about to cheapen aTm's game last night. They came in...well coached and took care of business.Good win aggy.

Not concerned about Jimbo, but the aggsy have a damn good set of assistants. every position is very well coached.

I would imagine that Trayveon Williams has played his last game for aggy and will declare for the draft. With their schedule next year, they'll have at least four guaranteed losses.

Reactions: hookem3434
As much as I hate to say it Aggy looked good last night and with their recruiting class coming in next year they might make some noise. Ouch that hurt to say!!

Dang. Tough sledding for any team to get through that schedule unscathed.
With the money Jimbo is getting paid, anything less than 1-2 losses and a chance for the playoffs each year and his seat will get hot fast. After next year the honeymoon is over.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I have an Aggie that lives in my vicinity and he’s pretty tolerable but I did catch him in a little bit of a fib that I need to call him on at some point. Him and his brother both played at Canyon in anew Braunfels and at A&M under Slocum in the 90’s. Both him and his brother were good in high school but not Div. 1 good, not at linebacker at least, that’s was their primary position in Hs. I asked him one day what position he played at A&M and he told me rush LB. Now he certainly had the size @ 6’2”, 240lb but I was skeptical about his game. Sure enough I looked it up and both him and his brother were long snappers under Slocum, not rush linebackers.
I know who you're talking about. MM knows someone who played with them. I met one of them out a while back at a social function and I was like "I don't remember you...". Many months later I was at a wedding with three former players from aggy that I've known since junior high and he happened to be there. I could have made it awkward but chose not too.

Aggys do not lie, cheat or steal, and do not tolerate those that do.

As much as I hate to say it Aggy looked good last night and with their recruiting class coming in next year they might make some noise. Ouch that hurt to say!!

Have you ever seen a recruiting class have an immediate impact on any team on a national level?

Don't care how good their class is, if they start a bunch of freshmen they will go from a 8-4 team next year to a 6-6 team.

With the money Jimbo is getting paid, anything less than 1-2 losses and a chance for the playoffs each year and his seat will get hot fast. After next year the honeymoon is over.
No it won't. Swing back to this tonight and let me know how Texas would do against this schedule. If we go 8-4, I'll be really happy. If we go 9-3, we will be a top 5 team. 2020 is the year Jimbo needs to make us a contender.

No it won't. Swing back to this tonight and let me know how Texas would do against this schedule. If we go 8-4, I'll be really happy. If we go 9-3, we will be a top 5 team. 2020 is the year Jimbo needs to make us a contender.
Which is why I said after next year....2020 is after next year...also 9-3 will not make y’all a top 5 team. Top 10-15 at best.

Reactions: Scholz

Well, aggy decided to join the $EC and they're obviously not $EC good, lol.

Reactions: Scholz
Well, aggy decided to join the $EC and they're obviously not $EC good, lol.
Can't be scared. I love the big games, and hopefully we are winning them by 2020. We beat the shit out of a pretty good for the ACC team, and it wasn't any fun.

I think the older one won the 12th man award one year so I guess that means he was on kickoffs too?

We have to get the players Jimbo wants first. I don't disagree with you that the expectations should be VERY high. His first class will be freshmen this next year. I don't expect freshmen to beat Georgia and Clemson at their house and beat Alabama. Throw in LSU and Auburn and that is a pretty salty schedule and will rank as tough as it gets. I DO EXPECT Jimbo to start winning as you said in 2020. I hate Mond as our quarterback and expect nothing until he is gone.

I hate Mond as our quarterback and expect nothing until he is gone.
What is the deal with Starkel? He was light years better than Mond last year, and didn't see the field this year. Mond is only a sophomore, and he had his moments, but, frankly, he looks average to me with some outstanding receivers. Did Starkel regress? Is he a locker room cancer? Lower ceiling?

Have you ever seen a recruiting class have an immediate impact on any team on a national level?

Don't care how good their class is, if they start a bunch of freshmen they will go from a 8-4 team next year to a 6-6 team.
They have some good talent to mix with the recruiting class coming in is what I was implying.and yes I have seen a top 5 recruiting class make an immediate impact more than once! Go back and look at Georgia from last year and this year! I count 8 starters on both sides of the ball that are either freshman or sophomores

Last edited:
What is the deal with Starkel? He was light years better than Mond last year, and didn't see the field this year. Mond is only a sophomore, and he had his moments, but, frankly, he looks average to me with some outstanding receivers. Did Starkel regress? Is he a locker room cancer? Lower ceiling?
We have a couple low 3 star true sophomores at tackle, our LT should be playing guard. We needed someone who could run. Starkel should go to TCU or Okie State. He would do well. He is a good kid, but zero mobility.

This is also why we are still after Shepard, even with all the drama. He is the highest ceiling LT prospect in the state. But his floor is also really low. Dude is boom or bust in my eyes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT