ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Texas should make the CFP this season...)

My only issue with the blue chip analysis is that you require either a recruitment or transfer to dictate a ranking. For example had Jaylon Ford transferred after last season he would have been a sure-fire super blue chip. But, by staying, you would default to his high school ranking which would indicate he doesn’t fall in the super blue chip category. On the other side, you don’t account for guys who simply haven’t lived up to their ranking. Example, Connor Weigman. If he were to enter the portal, I do not believe that any service would rank him as a super blue chip player. I understand what you did overall and always appreciate a great deep-dive, but the analysis needs some tweaking.
Uh, ok.

I disagree with you on Weigman.

At that point the analysis just becomes a subjective measure of how good do you think each player is. It defeats the purpose of the analysis.
It's a different type of analysis than some of the other analysis I've done.

The two aren't supposed to go together.

Reactions: bagsecured
As a charter member of the Genesis / Phil Collin’s - UT branch, I give you an A+. Have seen every Genesis or Phil Collin’s tour since 1977 ! Shame the last (2) Genesis tours never made it to Texas. That said, it was fun to travel to see the shows in 2007 and 2022. Your Honorable Mention choices are spot on ! Still remember going to see Against All Offs in the theatre in the early 1980’s and being so pleased that Phil’s career was about to expand outside of Genesis. The underwater scene with Rachel Ward in the movie was memorable too
That's the movie that set it off for me on him. I loved that song when I was a kid.

Watch some of his Georgia tech games. Only player they had and still produced. He’s really good. Hopefully Bijan gets a better head coach
I know he was really good. He's a hell of a lot better than very good.

I was a little too young to be told stories back then. I really should ask my aunt

My uncle passed early and Genesis paid for both my cousins to go to university. Just a great group of guys

My aunt has lots of thoughts around his ex wives and lots of explicatives to go along with that

I have a picture of me and Phil on Twitter

That picture alone is worth a million words. That's awesome.

Reactions: Edward.Longshanks
Unbelievable ….after all that talk of Bama getting gutted , they still have more blue chip talent than Texas! God damn lolol

And deboar can coach - he might very well still field a 9-10 win team despite a lot of people thinking Bama will suck next year

Excited how far long sark has brought us though!
The death of Alabama's demise is slightly exaggerated.

Reactions: TexasRads1 and BMY
@Ketchum you didn't like the Miami Voice theme song but you name one of the more iconic songs, but far from the only one, from the series as your top Phil Collins song. Maybe you should listen to the 2 Miami Vice series soundtracks. You likely will find several songs that you love.

I don't recall if you included What's Love Got To Do With It in your rankings for Tina Turner. Glenn Frey songs include Smugglers Blues and You Belong To The City. So many other great songs are included on the soundtracks.
Did I say I didn't like the Miami Vice theme song or that I just didn't have it ranked in the top 10?

It just wasn't one of my shows., for whatever reason. I'll check out the soundtrack, though.

My brother in law(a black hip hop guy) gave me a Phil Collins greatest hits cd for my bday years ago as a gag gift. Or so he thought. I liked Phil Collins but never appreciated him until I listened to the entire cd. Holy smokes. I let my BIL listen to it as well and he got really hooked. To this day he jams him all the time and other artists from that genre. We can go from Tupac and Biggie to Phil and Chicago real quick.

This reaction turned these reactors into Youtube stars.

Reactions: jontonick
You didn't even MENTION Something Happened on the Way to Heaven... The entire song is melodiousness personified. Can't think of a chorus of his that's better. Even ends with a great guitar solo!
Alicia Silverstone Oops GIF

• Haha
Reactions: jvillers
Been waiting to see the updated superblue ranks…gracias.

Take Me Home should be higher…top 3 IMO
You’ll Be In My Heart should be at least honorable mention
I feel like the top 4 are almost a given.

The rankings will change slightly in the coming months. I'll update them when they do.

Reactions: Universal Horn
Sark has really done a remarkable job in every aspect of the program. The talking heads might be tempted to say that this year was a one off, but looking at the recruiting and soon to be draft day production (player development), I believe Texas is here to stay.

Being a kid of the 80s, I think I remember making out to more Phil Collins' songs than any other artist! He was really gifted.

@Ketchum - B/S: Do you think the next big domino to fall is the 85-man scholarship limit? I know there are Title IX implications but it seems with NIL and no transfer restrictions the scholarship limit is not near as important.
No, I don't see that changing.

Sark has really done a remarkable job in every aspect of the program. The talking heads might be tempted to say that this year was a one off, but looking at the recruiting and soon to be draft day production (player development), I believe Texas is here to stay.

Being a kid of the 80s, I think I remember making out to more Phil Collins' songs than any other artist! He was really gifted.
I don't think I have ever made out to a Phil Collins song. :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT