ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (USC took OU's cornbread)

Riley’s move does not help Texas one damn bit if Sarkisian doesn’t step up and improve this ultra mediocre roster. Looking up and down the 2022 list of players just doesn’t excite me at all. I honestly believe, with even the best scenarios, we are easily 2-3 years away from being a respectable football program. I have been under the misconception that we should pretty much clean house of this coaching staff, but after deep diving into the talent level and depth shortage they’ve had to work with, I believe they need a couple of more years to defecate or get off the pot. As the saying goes “you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear”. One more thought, Chris Beard is going to need Nick Saban type of security to get in and out of Lubbock.

Reactions: DKinnamon
Coleman and Tery Joseph
Coleman just isn't a plus recruiter or developer. Terry Joseph I assume is because he couldn't copy what Jimmy Lake did to marry up secondary with from 7? Joseph appears to be a decent recruiter.

I've always believed the SEC was a good move for Texas and a bad one for OU. They had a sweetheart deal here, and we desperately needed out. I firmly believe it is going to work out for Texas. I see a lot of 10-2 type seasons and getting into expanded playoffs. We are almost free.
I love your optimism.

@Ketchum you are off on your scholarship #s. It is 25 + 7 + 1 extra from 2021 class. You took out 1 when you said we are technically at 19 by taking the 1 counted towards the 2021 class, but then used 33 as the limit, which includes the 1 counted in 2021. We have room for 13 more before considering any changes.

Do you think the exodus that will likely happen from OU to USC may impact the NCAA decision on increasing the annual number further while using the 85 total limit to cap it? It seems like the annual limit lacks purpose with the free agency for the athletes.
25+ 8 + 1

say-what-dunno.gif

say-what-dunno.gif

No judgment. 8th grade qwanseeker was definitely jamming to Kokomo on the reg. I probably had it on a mixed tape recorded off the radio that also included INXS, UB40, Def Leppard, Pet Shop Boys and Phil Collins!
It was basically the only Beach Boys song that came out as an original when I was about that same age.

It felt like my song, while the others felt like they were made for older folks.

What OL do you feel the best about right now? Do we just say forget it and add 4-5 transfers?
Texas has to add about 5, including HS kids at a minimum.

I think Majors and Angilau are probably the two I feel best about building around. Conner could be in that group in 12 months as well.

The Sooners ended missing Charleston Rambo big time this year.

Also, it was absolutely one ofTHE BEST college football weekends in recent memory.

Despite Texas being down, Saturday was a reminder of why we love this damn sport so much.

It was 11 hours of greatness, and then today Texas’ biggest rival lost their very successful young coach.

What a weekend!
This site needed a good weekend.

@Ketchum follow up to that. Who would be the top 3 realistic options as replacements?

Would David Beaty be an option? Make a run at the Bama guy again?
Curious who your options are.
I think anyone is a possibility. With money not really being an issue, they can go out and get elite.

With so many great songs from The Beach Boys catalog to choose from that had to be damn difficult in deciding a top ten! Personally, I would've had Do it Again {hearing the extended live version to begin their concerts on the 2012 World Tour Reunion was absolutely stunning!} & Heroes & Villains somewhere in there.

Ok, time now to put on the legendary & venerable Smile album {the original members version re-mastered}, further testament to Brian Wilson's creative genius.
Get after it!

As a long-time Michigan fan, it was great to see us win. While I didn't predict a victory I thought Michigan had a much better chance to be competitive because it got rid of it's defensive coordinator in Don Brown. Don believed in man-to-man defense. He believed in leaving cb out on an Island. Ohio State beast the cb by utilizing crossing patterns.
The question is Michigan greatly improved its team by changing out it's defensive Coordinator. Should Texas
do the same?

I'm not sure Texas will find someone with a better rep. What happened this season with PK is kind of mystifying, given his chops as a DC over the years.

7 of the top 10 portal players ended up at top 5-8 programs and I would expect that happens about every year. Texas and everyone here is overconfident if they believe they are getting a lot of difference makers. They just need solid contributors and go from there.
what about the next 40?

There were lots of programs that got in on the action of the top 50.... just not Texas. Baylor got two.

Ketch - Your argument on the 3 lost commitments is confusing. I get what your saying about their NFL chances, but that’s apples to oranges on impact in college. 50% of even an elite class is going to be made up of high 3 to mid 4 stars. Then you bring up the Michigan OL…that doesn’t really support your argument.
The Michigan thing is a needle in a haystack.

Getting three-star and low four star linemen means you're likely talking about 3 years before they begin to become plus players that can help you.

Ketch, good stuff. The one thing on the scholarship chart that jumped out to me is how in the world did Sark and co screw up not redshirting at least ONE of the THREE Freshman TE's this year? Not one of them was a factor, and it seemed like he only played Sanders in the first 4 games, but I guess they wasted his year with another game that snuck by. Can you double check their status, and if NONE of them redshirted, PLEASE get one of your team to ask Sark why they did that when NONE of them were key players this year. Really bad player management, it appears.
All of them played more than 4 games. Sanders and Helm played 11 each, I believe.

I love this place. We’re giddy cuz sc just took a coach we don’t have the balls to even interview and let’s just watch and see what daddy does. Meanwhile we have sark, 5 wins, and an off-season of koolaid before we become ou’s bitch again. Enjoy the celebration. Wake me when we make a big boy move.
Bah humbug!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT