ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at TEXAS * Game Thread *

Texas will probably beat OU. OU is not great upfront. You are going to need a good front 4 to beat Texas. SB looked good unless he was pressured, Foreman is the real deal.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
How do you give up 47 points in Austin?
4MN, you and Madcow and a couple of others are the only few that call it like it is. For 2 years a lot on this board like BLH, Scholz etc. claimed that your defense was good but your offense not being productive caused your D to be on the field too much. I think tonight reiterated what you and I and a couple others have claimed all along and that is that Bedford is very mediocre and protected by Strong. He even makes him off limits to reporters? The offense tonight bailed out Bedford no doubt.

Again good win for the horns.

Texas will probably beat OU. OU is not great upfront. You are going to need a good front 4 to beat Texas. SB looked good unless he was pressured, Foreman is the real deal.
Based on what I saw in the OU vs UH game I tend to agree. Foreman looked great tonight. He's quick for as big as he is.

Great job by our Horns. The 3 down lineman needs to change to 4. That's was the problem last year with the D. No pressure on the QB results to TD's (5 of um).

I don't see it as b!tching. It is criticizing and analyzing our weaknesses. I acknowledge my own weaknesses before I can improve them. I also acknowledge my limits. We are doing and expecting the same from this coaching staff. Is that too much to ask?

Great job by our Horns. The 3 down lineman needs to change to 4. That's was the problem last year with the D. No pressure on the QB results to TD's (5 of um).
Good point. It just seems our defensive guys are out of position....a lot...so aggravating.

I was thinking the same thing. Saban plays with 4 down linemen in a cover 2 defense. I like that defense.

Go back and read half your posts. You all bitched and called for coaches heads. I do believe there is improvement and this game was it. Gave the young kids confidence. So $crew you nay Sayers. We won't win a natty this year but we never gave up and beat a good team. Be proud horn fans. Be proud.

A contract extension would be ridiculous...on what basis?
A 10 win season atop 5 recruiting class and an improving group of guys.

And yes we are young. Freshman and sophomores all over the field.
Still a log of games to be played but that's what it's looking like

I'm talking about the hoisting up of our coach as bitching. Who cares? We're not playing for Strong they are. I see it as respect and they're excited about who they play for. Why we criticize kids that are emotional about what just happened I'll never understand. It was a great team win! Hook Em!

A 10 win season atop 5 recruiting class and an improving group of guys.

And yes we are young. Freshman and sophomores all over the field.
Still a log of games to be played but that's what it's looking like
I see, you are assigning a 10 win season & a top 5 recruiting class to him already. We have a lot of juniors playing this year.

How do you give up 47 points in Austin?

Play a real #10 rated team in the nation with some awfully tough and talented Babies... plus "old man" Tyrone Swoops. What were you expecting?

They have a True Freshman Center "spray snapping" the ball occasionally to a True Freshman QB... and the team had over 100 yds in some very silly penalties on a 500+ Yd night.

Like Clubber Lang once said in Rockie Two, " I predict pain..." for any that don't appreciate UT Football for a while.

Nice win but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Special teams is still terrible, we can;t get pressure with 4 guys and the DTs are getting pushed back into the backers. We are going to lose some winnable games this year if those things don't change.

I see, you are assigning a 10 win season & a top 5 recruiting class to him already. We have a lot of juniors playing this year.
Well he roped in a top 5 class after a 5-7 year. Seems like after a winning year a top 5 is likely. And yes a 9-10 win year seems fairly likely after getting past this gsme. Yes we gave some jr's playing but fresh and Sophs at key spots. Sounds like there is very little strong will ever do to convince you do this debate is rather pointless

Well he roped in a top 5 class after a 5-7 year. Seems like after a winning year a top 5 is likely. And yes a 9-10 win year seems fairly likely after getting past this gsme. Yes we gave some jr's playing but fresh and Sophs at key spots. Sounds like there is very little strong will ever do to convince you do this debate is rather pointless
Back to back 10 win seasons (while beating OU) will convince me.

I said that because Bell went on to play TE in the NFL. I don't think Swoopes has that kind of athletic ability.
Dude, EVERYBODY knew Bell was a TE or FB from day 1. He had no business trying to throw the ball but hey, who are we to squash a kids dream.

I'm proud as hell of the upper-classmen especially Oliver, Warrick, Boyette, and Bluiette. We had great contribution from a lot of guys tonight, and I'm getting the feeling this team could be special. Real special.

I was thinking the same thing. Saban plays with 4 down linemen in a cover 2 defense. I like that defense.
I'm thinking they're trying to protect the secondary but the secondary doesn't need any protection. Put 2 DE's and 2 DT's in. 2 LB's in a nickel or 3 LB's. Bring a constant rush with 1 of the outside LB's. It's really simple. If that doesn't change, the DC will be let go at the end of the season. As of right now, we don't have the DL to run a 3 down set. Maybe next year but not this year

I'm thinking they're trying to protect the secondary but the secondary doesn't need any protection. Put 2 DE's and 2 DT's in. 2 LB's in a nickel or 3 LB's. Bring a constant rush with 1 of the outside LB's. It's really simple. If that doesn't change, the DC will be let go at the end of the season. As of right now, we don't have the DL to run a 3 down set. Maybe next year but not this year
Saban played a fair amount of nickel against USC, right? Most of the time, I remember seeing 4 down linemen, 1linebacker in the middle (the others in pass protection or on the edge), and 2 safeties.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT