ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

What happened to Kennedy? I missed that.
Not totally sure but in Friday's game he collided with the wall was walking gingerly the rest of the game. He was out Saturday and Sunday's games. Peirce said he had some pain in his lower back. Have no idea if it's anything that will keep him out any longer.

Texas's lack of hitting is a cause of concern.
If it was 85 degrees I'd be little concerned. Cold weather is not a hitters friend. Example: Saturday, Ivan Melendez hit a ball that had a 112 mph exit velocity that turned into a routine fly out. (The avg MLB HR has a exit velocity in the 90's)

PS: Please don't KCHORN our baseball thread. :)

If others didn't notice last season we had our moments with hitting and we made it to the World Series and was a game away from the ship. This lineup will not stay like this all year. Pitching will carry us through some games like we have seen already against Bama.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
If it was 85 degrees I'd be little concerned. Cold weather is not a hitters friend. Example: Saturday, Ivan Melendez hit a ball that had a 112 mph exit velocity that turned into a routine fly out. (The avg MLB HR has a exit velocity in the 90's)

PS: Please don't KCHORN our baseball thread. :)
Bats cold. Need hats for bats.

• Haha
Reactions: freeper and clob94
We play Tennessee tonight. Watch for the Tennessee reliever Ben Joyce. His fastball has been clocked consistently at 101-103 mph which is ridiculous. That's freakishly fast. Don't know about his control though. If one of our guys can connect on one of those cleanly, the ball may sail all the way across I-35 to Royal Memorial stadium.

Aren’t the games in Houston, Minute Maid Park? Haven’t checked if it’s on tv.
Edit: it’s on MLB network.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drtxhorn
Horns win 7-2.
The starting pitcher from Tennessee gave us fits with 10Ks highest in his freshman career. Yes he is a freshman with his fastball ranging up in the high 90s. Cutter was in the high 80s. But great win last night let's take care or lsu tonight.

Hook 'Em

Crowd looks great for both teams. Lots of Burnt orange and silly purple.
Let’s take them behind the woodshed.

LSU is a VERY good baseball team.

And we just pimp slapped the shiznit out of them.

This team is dangerous. Our bullpen and rotation is sick. Bats, I love you, but I need about 4 more hits a game on average-- and 2 more walks.
Nobody will get within 5 runs of us again.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT