ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Do we have a pitching coach?
CALEB
LONGLEY
TITLE: Coordinator, Hitting and Pitching Development

And there is Sean Allen as well. This Caleb guy supposedly is good and has developed some arms but what's going on this year.

So last time they beat us when we were number 1 in the country was 2005. If I am not mistaken didn't we win a natty that year?

Last edited:
From Hornsports Jameson McCausland:

The Texas starting rotation suffered a major blow Thursday morning when it was announced sophomore pitcher Tanner Witt would undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the 2022 season. Witt was scratched from his scheduled start last Sunday due to the arm discomfort and underwent additional testing, which revealed the UCL injury.

Witt is projected to be one of the top 2023 prospects in the MLB draft. David Pierce will likely have to turn to sophomore lefty Lucas Gordon in Witt's usual Sunday starting spot. Gordon has thrown 12 innings this year and has a .75 ERA to go along with 6 strikeouts.

From Hornsports Jameson McCausland:

The Texas starting rotation suffered a major blow Thursday morning when it was announced sophomore pitcher Tanner Witt would undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the 2022 season. Witt was scratched from his scheduled start last Sunday due to the arm discomfort and underwent additional testing, which revealed the UCL injury.

Witt is projected to be one of the top 2023 prospects in the MLB draft. David Pierce will likely have to turn to sophomore lefty Lucas Gordon in Witt's usual Sunday starting spot. Gordon has thrown 12 innings this year and has a .75 ERA to go along with 6 strikeouts.

That sucks. Witt was every bit as good as our 1-2 starters. It's a definite loss, but Texas has lots of talented pitchers on the roster. This is an unexpected opportunity for Gordon, and his time to shine. Next man up!

This team drops out of the top 10 in quick order. Time for the coach to earn his paycheck.
We've made it far with lesser teams. Losing Witt probably makes us no longer the #1 team but we still will be a tough win for anyone. Need some middle relief to step up and be they guy though.

Honestly, I'm more concerned with our hitting right now. We need the bottom of our order to wake up. I wonder if Pierce will shuffle the line up to seperate Daly, Campbell, and whoever is our DH. Right now they are a wasted inning being bunched up like they are. Our batting was more effective when Daly was at 4 and Faltine was at 7 or 8. Also, if we can't find a better DH then put Messinger at DH. My order would be:

Hodo
Kennedy
Melendez
Stehle
Daly
Ardoin
Faltine
DH
Campbell

Anyone got the 411 on the catcher for Texas that got caught drinking from a flask a fan gave him in the bullpen recently? Buddy of mine called and told me about it. That's nuts.......

Anyone got the 411 on the catcher for Texas that got caught drinking from a flask a fan gave him in the bullpen recently? Buddy of mine called and told me about it. That's nuts.......
I've got the video, per Danny Davis twitter feedline. Can't get to it on my phone right now, will try later. It's pretty obvious what he did, and stupid, considering everyone in the stands has a camera phone.

Did y’all really expect to win every game?
Can tell you he’s a dumbass! How do you not know someone will be filming.

Reactions: EWNHorn
Texas state treated our Wednesday game like they won the world series and so much talk.....pitching was horrible that night. Reason why I don't do social media cause of so much sh!+ talk/key board warriors.

Last edited:
Did you see the ending of the Tuesday night game? The way some acted at the end was cause for TST to act the way they did on Wednesday and I don’t blame them. If your gonna do things like that you better be able to back it up….and Texas didn’t.

Did you see the ending of the Tuesday night game? The way some acted at the end was cause for TST to act the way they did on Wednesday and I don’t blame them. If your gonna do things like that you better be able to back it up….and Texas didn’t.
Do you know why UT players acted that way on Tuesday? Were you at the game? Or is your opinion based on the end of the game clip that was posted on social media?

Reactions: LonghornMM
South Waste fans were flipping off our players all game. Trash

Do you know why UT players acted that way on Tuesday? Were you at the game? Or is your opinion based on the end of the game clip that was posted on social media?

Exactly. The Texas State players and fans were talking trash the entire game on Tuesday.

Honestly, I'm more concerned with our hitting right now. We need the bottom of our order to wake up. I wonder if Pierce will shuffle the line up to seperate Daly, Campbell, and whoever is our DH. Right now they are a wasted inning being bunched up like they are. Our batting was more effective when Daly was at 4 and Faltine was at 7 or 8. Also, if we can't find a better DH then put Messinger at DH. My order would be:

Hodo
Kennedy
Melendez
Stehle
Daly
Ardoin
Faltine
DH
Campbell

You were close!

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT