ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Texas vs Brokeback Mountain thread***

Plenty of blame to go around. Yes the WRs were terrible, but Quinn was terrible, too. He’s still way too lazy in his fundamentals, and has a long way go. I’m still far from convinced he’s the guy.

I mean, he's the guy, but yes, he has plenty of room to grow.

at Baylor

I think we will be okay here. It will probably look something like the Rice and Wyoming games. Baylor has enough talent to be pesky, but we should handle business

Kansas

At home, we should dismantle KU. I think we will. The QB is good, but we beat the shit out of them at their place last year and should handle business this year

OU

Frightening game as it always is. They look very good on both sides of the ball.

at Houston

Get a bye week and then we should be the shit out of Houston. They'll be excited. All the Cougar High kiddos will be upset. But they suck.

BYU

This game is terrifying. They are good, very good. And we have a terrible history playing them. This will be a very tough game

Kansas St.

Also terrifying. Especially after playing BYU in what I think will be an emotional game

at TCU

11am game probably. Depends on the last two weeks. Depends on how many of those TCU "fans" don't show up. You know, because they're so much better than everyone.

at Iowa St.

Depends on the weather. Decent weather and we beat the shit out of them. Bad weather and it will be tough

Texas Tech

This will be a tough ball game. Possibly both teams looking for a win to get tot he CCG

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I mean, he's the guy, but yes, he has plenty of room to grow.

at Baylor

I think we will be okay here. It will probably look something like the Rice and Wyoming games. Baylor has enough talent to be pesky, but we should handle business

Kansas

At home, we should dismantle KU. I think we will. The QB is good, but we beat the shit out of them at their place last year and should handle business this year

OU

Frightening game as it always is. They look very good on both sides of the ball.

at Houston

Get a bye week and then we should be the shit out of Houston. They'll be excited. All the Cougar High kiddos will be upset. But they suck.

BYU

This game is terrifying. They are good, very good. And we have a terrible history playing them. This will be a very tough game

Kansas St.

Also terrifying. Especially after playing BYU in what I think will be an emotional game

at TCU

11am game probably. Depends on the last two weeks. Depends on how many of those TCU "fans" don't show up. You know, because they're so much better than everyone.

at Iowa St.

Depends on the weather. Decent weather and we beat the shit out of them. Bad weather and it will be tough

Texas Tech

This will be a tough ball game. Possibly both teams looking for a win to get tot he CCG

So game day said down the stretch only team we should worry about is blowu....but this says other wise does anyone want to change their prediction now?

So game day said down the stretch only team we should worry about is blowu....but this says other wise does anyone want to change their prediction now?

That 3 game stretch of BYU, KState and @ TCU is tougher than people want to think it is. Texas will be/should be favored in all 3 games, but BYU is always a tough game. KState is very well coached. And at TCU, who could be desperate for a win at that time.

For me, that is the toughest stretch of the season.

Reactions: hookem777
That 3 game stretch of BYU, KState and @ TCU is tougher than people want to think it is. Texas will be/should be favored in all 3 games, but BYU is always a tough game. KState is very well coached. And at TCU, who could be desperate for a win at that time.

For me, that is the toughest stretch of the season.
BYU and KState yes, TCU not so much Tech is scarier than TCU

We should be able to win all our games. The thing that gets tricky is when we come out flat and play a motivated team, anything can happen at that point.

Reactions: Archmadness
Yikes, very nasty here.
Yeah there are A LOT of hateful ignorant morons on here. I wish OB would boot them, but apparently they care more about money than building a space that people who want to talk about football can do so civilly. Just ignore the trolls. And I mena literally ignore them, there's a button for it.

Yeah there are A LOT of hateful ignorant morons on here. I wish OB would boot them, but apparently they care more about money than building a space that people who want to talk about football can do so civilly. Just ignore the trolls. And I mena literally ignore them, there's a button for it.
cares about money? This is FREE BOARD...the 9.95ers got their own shyt to sit in. That makes 0 sense. This trolling aggy , bottom of the secsecsec licking scumbag came in the chat like a clown and got put in his car and pushed back down I-35E

The issue with Texas that has been happening since the Herman years, is they play up/down to their opponent. Guaranteed K State, TCU, Tech etc are going to give Texas a tough time and there wont be any easy wins.

The issue with Texas that has been happening since the Herman years, is they play up/down to their opponent. Guaranteed K State, TCU, Tech etc are going to give Texas a tough time and there wont be any easy wins.
Honestly brother, we even did that a few times with Mack Brown. Before 05 and after 09. Some how we just forgot how to be dogs and come out in every fight like we might die. I blame social media ;)

You really searched and revived the second post ever from the onion last Saturday night my man? It’s free here as well. Thanks for stopping by captain obvious.

Hey Sugarbritches.... how you doin'..?

You sound triple boosted

this message brought to you by Pfizer and BioNtech

You just described about every football team every season. Even those great Mack Brown teams struggled in some conference games. I remember in 2004 having to convert a 4th and 19 against Kansas just to beat them. Same year we were down 35-7 at half to Oklahoma State. And that team was really damn good.

Hell even Georgia only beat Mizzou by 4 points last year and they were a juggernaut.

In conference games the only thing that matters is winning the game. Doesn’t matter how you do it, just do it. If you’ve ever played any competitive sports then you know that you’re not going to have your best game for 4 quarters every single night. Just doesn’t happen. It’s human nature.

Reactions: hookem777
You just described about every football team every season. Even those great Mack Brown teams struggled in some conference games. I remember in 2004 having to convert a 4th and 19 against Kansas just to beat them. Same year we were down 35-7 at half to Oklahoma State. And that team was really damn good.

Hell even Georgia only beat Mizzou by 4 points last year and they were a juggernaut.

In conference games the only thing that matters is winning the game. Doesn’t matter how you do it, just do it. If you’ve ever played any competitive sports then you know that you’re not going to have your best game for 4 quarters every single night. Just doesn’t happen. It’s human nature.
MOTHA FKIN PREACH

I get what youre saying, but the dominant teams of the past decade like Bama, UGA, LSU etc weren't struggling against every single inferior opponent. Sure, there will be a game or two where they look less than stellar, but for the most part they are dominating the teams they're supposed to dominate in blowout fashion. They weren't barely squeaking by every single week.

Im not calling Texas dominant at all, but they aren't blowing out the teams they're supposed to be blowing out. Texas' biggest problem is consistency week in and week out, and that's something that most of the great programs have.

I get what youre saying, but the dominant teams of the past decade like Bama, UGA, LSU etc weren't struggling against every single inferior opponent. Sure, there will be a game or two where they look less than stellar, but for the most part they are dominating the teams they're supposed to dominate in blowout fashion. They weren't barely squeaking by every single week.

Im not calling Texas dominant at all, but they aren't blowing out the teams they're supposed to be blowing out. Texas' biggest problem is consistency week in and week out, and that's something that most of the great programs have.
That 2019 LSU team played 4 really close games that year. And one of those teams Texas. We had no business being anywhere close to them that year. They also struggled with Florida, Auburn and Bama. Wyoming and Rice will both be bowl teams this year and Wyoming will probably end up playing for a Mountain West conference championship. We outscored those 2 teams 68-20. It wasn't pretty, but the end result of both games were 3+ score results.

I think you'll be surprised if you go look at Georgia's results from last year as well. They struggled with Kent State early last year. The next week they squeaked out a 4 point win against Missouri. They also had a really close game with Kentucky.

I don't see how you could say we are barely squeaking by each week when we've won every game by multiple scores. This is still a fairly young team on offense that is still trying to figure out how to win consistently.

.....and yet, gentle Sir....in 220 posts on this thread I had not seen anyone call anyone else a name (and a nasty one at that) until you did here....and for that matter....yours was the first non football post I remember on here.

My oh my
But but but his feelings are now hurt..:(

Does anyone know our turnover margin? We have to be top 20 this year right? That's one stat I'm impressed by. No turnovers and we are actually getting take aways.

I think we are something like + 5 in turnover ratio and I think that is top 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT