ADVERTISEMENT

Official Texas vs Kst thread

yea, I caught that....but say it right...HAINES had a "great" game....then the camera zoomed in on him :)

Haines nearly had 2 other interceptions. Yes, he is a slow white boy, but he's a real student of the game. Doesn't always have the speed to recover, but does see the flow. I think Charlie sees him like himself, a game walk on.

Lol, yeah that's who I was telling to shut up.
Metcalf's head is about to essplode.

Haines Haines Haines Haines Haines

Metcalf wears Haines undies. Right now he's running to his bedroom to burn all his tighty whiteys. Time for fruit of the loom.

It is my guess this was Snyder's last game in Austin and Texas sent him off in the right way. Enjoy your retirement as your records speak for itself!!

It is my guess this was Snyder's last game in Austin and Texas sent him off in the right way. Enjoy your retirement as your records speak for itself!!
Snyder doesn't have the titles that guys like paternio, Bowden , etc but to me he's every bit as good. When he took over KSU in 1989 they hadn't won a game in two years. He turned them in to a solid program year in year out. One of the better coaching jobs you will see.

It wasn't artistic but I'll take it. We played well considering the weather and our defense played great.

In general, Gray played well on only one holding call on the ol. Obviously they have a lot to do with our running game playing so well the last two games it was good to see KP back in the starting lineup.

Imo Dickson made the play of the game with fumbled snap. Our defense was hitting today. They knocked Huebner out of the game. And people get off Haines back for at least one game. I didn't know until they said it on tv but I former longhorn dt John Haines is Dylan daddy. John Haines was a dt for us and he was a he**uva player from the Akers era I think he played in the NFL a couple of years. He's like 6'7" Dylan didn't inherited his size that's for sure.

Last edited:
More competitive than I thought it would be, but I guess Texas has be happy with winning in any fashion while they figure out how to put it all together.

More competitive than I thought it would be, but I guess Texas has be happy with winning in any fashion while they figure out how to put it all together.
It was windy and pouring down rain. It played out like a rainy game. Yet, one more game in the books where someone couldn't force Texas to throw the ball.

If the D keeps it up I think the only team that will force us to do something different is Baylor. I don't think we can score enough to beat Baylor right now. Every other team on the schedule are winnable games as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with poor special teams or careless turnovers.

They can't all be as pretty as that drubbing of OU.

The extremely sloppy weather was a factor in making this an 'ugly' game. You know, old school defense and running since the ball was way too wet to pass for either team.

They can't all be as pretty as that drubbing of OU.

The extremely sloppy weather was a factor in making this an 'ugly' game. You know, old school defense and running since the ball was way too wet to pass for either team.

Fair enough. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT