ADVERTISEMENT

Official Texas vs Kst thread

Did that just happen? Metcalf is so conflicted right now. Metcalf, after Haines made that play, did you feel like a Jewish guy being offered a free ham sammich? :D

I mean I know the team is young at QB and WR, but there are so many offensive plays that you can run that are as elementary as they get.
I agree weevil. We are after all a college football team. Too bland. The bubble screen is a play I would have tried in this game.

I got news for y'all, Heard may still be the guy for now, but if he doesn't improve drastically throwing the ball, Kai could very well take over next year.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Dude, it's horrible weather and freshman QB who has a lot to learn in the passing game. Gotta keep it simple, or there could be some disastrous turnovers. I think we all knew it would be ugly today.

Dude, a bubble screen is as simple as it gets. A snap screen is as simple as it gets. Running an H into the flat is as simple as it gets. Running a boot of the JET is as simple as it gets.

Nothing that I proposed is difficult offense. They are simple plays to either get the ball in the hands of playmakers (Burt, A Foreman, Daje, etc.) or they are simple designs to get guys in space underneath coverage.

Reactions: swVAHorn
The competition has been good. Take the weight/responsibility off Swoopes and maybe he eventually finds his mojo. Heard is confident/cocky and just needs experience. Seems like there's no hard feelings (so far) and they are happy enough to do what coach Strong asks.

Ugly game, but still got the W.

Hook 'em

Finally....I can go bring in the hay....been putting it off so I could watch the damn game....

any win by KSU is a good win and I am putting most of our problems today on the weather and savor this win but wtf is Snyder doing with 22 seconds, a QB with a bum leg, and taking a timout on 4th 26 on their own 15????????????????

Omfg shut up about Haines. Yeah he's a real ball hawk. 7 INTs, and only been burned for 7,814 TDs.

I was on a treadmill keeping score on my phone until the 4th quarter , did swoopes finish out because Heard is hurt ?

Glad to pull out that win.

The team came out blowing KSU off the ball and dominating for the first quarter and a half. Then really looked lost for the end of 2nd quarter and most of 3rd. Pulled it together at the end.

I am sure the weather taking away the pass game didn't help either offense. They gotta put it together for whole games. We aren't good enough to do that regularly and get wins. That is the story of this year. The team is showing growth. I like it. On D they are starting to show the details. On O, not yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT