ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL TEXAS vs OU SUCKS thread of A$$whip***

Hahaha.

"It's unfortunate for Texas fans that what "should have happened" in their minds didn't happen over the last 27 years."

I get it - Blow U fans pick out selected time frames that suit your argument. But the fact is - you have to go all the way back to the covid year to find a time when you could compete with little ole Baylor. Suck it.

"Selected time frames"? That 27 years isn't some arbitrary number. It represents the entire existence of the Big 12 conference.

The face mask makes for pretty good handle to pull someones head and gain leverage. Does Worthy's torso bend back like that if his head wasn't pulled back? You can't say it would have which is why that should have been called. Also, I didn't mention it until you kept coming on here bringing it up.

Bang bang play with a lot of traffic in a huge game on the goal line…if it was obvious it would’ve been called but based on what I’ve seen in the replays it wasn’t as obvious as you want it to be.

Regardless…it shouldn’t have ever come down to a potential missed penalty when you have 3 chances from the 1 and 1 chance from the 2….with the mismatch everyone said you all had the huge advantage in.

That said - December will be delicious when Texas gets rid of the 3 turnovers and handles up on the Gooners by double digits to take the place in CFP.

You know, it's funny that the narrative coming from here is that the 3 turnovers were 100% Texas' fault and that OU had absolutely nothing to do with them. After six games, the Sooner defense leads the entire country in interceptions (12) and is second nationally in takeaways (15). The vicious hit that freshman safety Peyton Bowen put on Ewers causing a fumble wasn't just some random fluke.

OU is also 9th in the nation in red zone defense, so the fact that Texas struggled in the red zone in this game isn't solely due to Texas failing to execute.

Last edited:
You know, it's funny that the narrative coming from here is that the 3 turnovers were 100% Texas' fault and that OU had absolutely nothing to do with them. After six games, the Sooner defense leads the entire country in interceptions (12) and is second nationally in takeaways (15).

The vicious hit that freshman safety Peyton Bowen put on Ewers causing a fumble wasn't just some random fluke.

OB Posters after this weekend:
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

And what if that extra time allows OU’s defense to catch their breath, regroup and they stop Texas before the 50? Then you either punt or go for it on 4th and don’t get it…

Our defense was already gassed and down our second best DB. Texas’s tempo is what helped set that series up. Slow down and there’s no guarantee you have the same results.

Like I said, you can what if to death. And the team that loses a close game is gonna do just that.

Of course the team that wins the close game can what if too.

I’m not sure where we’re going with this anymore lol

• Haha
Reactions: Phialpha31
Man weevil, you know me...I'm not a trash talker. Never really enjoyed it. Just not my thing.

So only in the interest of keeping things honest...our offense didn't go 3 and out after that stand. In fact, we had a 12 yard run the very next play. Our QB also had a nice 12 yard run after that. And DG even had a 44 yard run after that. We had a 10 play drive right after that stand.

Now, we didn't score any points on that drive because our kicker is not a good kicker. But we did move the ball effectively after the stand.

Just a minor correction. You guys get back to your discussion.

Micco. What up buddy!

I know. A few posts below that one I acknowledged the error.

Discussion? We’re pissing in the wind 😂

Bang bang play with a lot of traffic in a huge game on the goal line…if it was obvious it would’ve been called but based on what I’ve seen in the replays it wasn’t as obvious as you want it to be.

Regardless…it shouldn’t have ever come down to a potential missed penalty when you have 3 chances from the 1 and 1 chance from the 2….with the mismatch everyone said you all had the huge advantage in.
By your logic barely touching the punters foot shouldn't have been called either then.

Reading through some of the other posts, some of the Longhorn fans think if they win out, they're automatically in the Big 12 championship game. That's not true. If West Virginia wins out, they're in the Big 12 championship game. They don't play Texas this year. What would be hilarious is if OU tanked the West Virginia game on purpose to set up a rematch with them in the conference championship game. Venables and the team would obviously never go for that, but it would be funny as hell.

Reading through some of the other posts, some of the Longhorn fans think if they win out, they're automatically in the Big 12 championship game. That's not true. If West Virginia wins out, they're in the Big 12 championship game. They don't play Texas this year. What would be hilarious is if OU tanked the West Virginia game on purpose to set up a rematch with them in the conference championship game. Venables and the team would obviously never go for that, but it would be funny as hell.

I can see some crazy shit like that happening.

Texas goes 11-1. Finishes final poll #5 one spot out of playoff.

11-1 and not an effing thing to show for it. Everyone sits out the bowl game and they finish 11-2 and #5 🤦🏻‍♂️ fml

I don't know how this happens, but one of the shows yesterday said that in the ACC, UNC, Louisville and Fla State don't play each other. So one could finish undefeated and not even make the conference championship!

Just to show everyone I'm fair and square, I think Stutsman should be penalized retroactively next game for this gross display of disrespect, not appropriate behavior for the soon to be named 2023Butkus award winner
BmR9zFc.png

Last edited:
Micco. What up buddy!

I know. A few posts below that one I acknowledged the error.

Discussion? We’re pissing in the wind 😂
Yeah, work has had me scarce. I ended up being a training officer for our fire department for a bit, and that got pretty time intensive. I've pretty much been down to just one message board. Glad to be back out on a truck for a change.

Man, best OU Texas game in I don't know when (2007 maybe?). Both teams ranked going in, both teams playing with their hair on fire leading up to the game, and both teams delivering their best game of the season so far at the right time. I'd say the same thing even if the outcome was reversed. Lots to play for still, lots to look forward to for the future for both programs.

And I think we settled a lot of questions about whether OU and Texas are SEC ready for next year. Outside Georgia, I think we both could hang with them all (you guys already proved that against Alabama). And no one else in the country can say they can hang with Georgia right now so I don't feel too bad about that.

I'll try to be around a bit more for some friendly discussion with you guys. A bunch of young guys here. And by young guys, I mean guys who weren't here on this board in 2008-09. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT