ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL TEXAS vs OU SUCKS thread of A$$whip***

I went back and tried to find a goal line stand like that in the previous coach's five year tenure at OU. Couldn't find a single one. Not even against cream puffs like UTEP, Tulane, Florida Atlantic, South Dakota, Missouri State or Western Carolina. Much less against a Power Five team with one of the best offenses in the country.

Congrats! Next stop natty I guess!?!?

That goal line stand pumped your team up so much, your O went 3 and out and then Texas scored on the very next possession.

I mean, that’s some big time shit from Vegetables tbh

Dude....... Rice stuffed us at the goal line. Congrats. Your troll attempts are getting worse over time. Losing your edge.

Rice did not stuff Texas at the goal iine. You're also confusing "failure to convert on 4th down" with "goal line stand".

Against Rice, Texas failed to convert on 4th down twice. Neither time was on the goal line, and Texas actually gained 8 and 9 yards on those possessions before they went for it on 4th down.

Against OU, Texas had the ball 1st and goal from the 1 yard line and failed to convert on four tries.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Rice did not stuff Texas at the goal iine. You're also confusing "failure to convert on 4th down" with "goal line stand".

Against Rice, Texas failed to convert on 4th down twice. Neither time was on the goal line, and Texas actually gained 8 and 9 yards on those possessions before they went for it on 4th down.

Against OU, Texas had the ball 1st and goal from the 1 yard line and failed to convert on four tries.
I was trying to not bring this up because I don't like blaming refs but since you won't let it go, the ref missed a facemask call on Worthy and he would have scored if not for the OU player grabbing his face mask and pulling him back. Horrible missed call, one of several.

image.png.1294f279902a54bd519dec6d04a6287c.png.342eacffaea7f75b81857dfd02ba25c3.png

I genuinely hate OU but Quite frankly, I love this! All the shit talking, the bragging, uneducated posts and trolling. Its what makes this rivalry so damn awesome!
That being said, this team just needs to get up off the mat and take care of business. (no implosion)
Deep down inside not one OU fan hopes that they play Texas again in the BCG.

I genuinely hate OU but Quite frankly, I love this! All the shit talking, the bragging, uneducated posts and trolling. Its what makes this rivalry so damn awesome!
That being said, this team just needs to get up off the mat and take care of business. (no implosion)
I hate having a Big 12 Championship game. It diminishes the regular season match-up. That said - December will be delicious when Texas gets rid of the 3 turnovers and handles up on the Gooners by double digits to take the place in CFP.

That said - December will be delicious when Texas gets rid of the 3 turnovers and handles up on the Gooners by double digits to take the place in CFP.

It's unfortunate for Texas fans that what "should have happened" in their minds didn't happen over the last 27 years. They would undoubtedly have more than the 14 Big 12 championships that OU has, instead of the 3 that Texas actually won.

It's unfortunate for Texas fans that what "should have happened" in their minds didn't happen over the last 27 years. They would undoubtedly have more than the 14 Big 12 championships that OU has, instead of the 3 that Texas actually won.
Baylor grad here. What is unfortunate is that OU tucked tail and ran off to the SEC with a TWO GAME LOSING STREAK FOR ETERNITY to the Baylor Bears.

Saturday was the most entertaining game that I have seen since Dave Aranda called a timeout with one second left to kick a field goal and run up the score on Lincoln Riley (yet another okie that tucked tail and ran).

Baylor grad here. What is unfortunate is that OU tucked tail and ran off to the SEC with a TWO GAME LOSING STREAK FOR ETERNITY to the Baylor Bears.

Meh, two games is a small sample size and hardly makes a trend. 33 is a better indicator.

As for running up the score on Lincoln Riley, what really shocked me about that game is that Baylor was more physical than OU. That only happened a few other times against OU that year, against Tulane, West Virginia, Kansas State, Texas, TCU, Kansas, Iowa State and Oklahoma State.

Last edited:

That goal line stand pumped your team up so much, your O went 3 and out and then Texas scored on the very next possession.

The goal line stand actually pumped them up so much that they drove it from the half yard line down to your 27 in 10 plays and 3 minutes and 30 seconds and missed a field goal that kept yall in the game. Not a great result but still ran some clock, had a chance to add points and flipped the field without having to punt (thank god).

Reactions: LVPack
I was trying to not bring this up because I don't like blaming refs but since you won't let it go, the ref missed a facemask call on Worthy and he would have scored if not for the OU player grabbing his face mask and pulling him back. Horrible missed call, one of several.

According to most of you and all of the Texas mods and media…yall were so much better than OU that the refs shouldn’t have been an issue. It’s a top 15 matchup in arguably the biggest rivalry game in the country…if it wasn’t clear cut they weren’t going to call it. They grabbed his head and pushed, never pulled the facemask or at least it wasn’t obvious enough to call it.

Y’all had 3 opportunities on the 1 and one on the 2…blaming the refs for your team’s inability to score from the 1 against an “inferior” defensive line, that everyone, including the ou media identified as a mismatch in Texas’s favor before the game, is a big time cop out

The goal line stand actually pumped them up so much that they drove it from the half yard line down to your 27 in 10 plays and 3 minutes and 30 seconds and missed a field goal that kept yall in the game. Not a great result but still ran some clock, had a chance to add points and flipped the field without having to punt (thank god).

You are correct, it pumped up OU so much you missed a FG, 3 and outed after Texas tied it up then gave up the lead.

How badly do you 3 need your ego stroked? Holy shit. It was a GL stand. Has happened many times before. This one didn’t win you the game. I’m tact, it had a minimal effect on the outcome.

What the **** are we doing here? How many rounds you wanna go Rocky?

Which is a stark contrast to the actual game which at least for me featured a little fun back and forth followed by a handshake lol. Y’all’s fans that sat around us were awesome and knowledgeable…made figuring out who was doing what on the Texas side much easier as I’m sure we did for them. Fans on both sides were great Saturday. Would’ve been a fun day win or loss on our end.

Yeah, it’s pretty freaking ridiculous tbh. But it is what it is. Could be worse, I could laid a cheating piece of shit so there’s that

• Haha
Reactions: Phialpha31
You are correct, it pumped up OU so much you missed a FG, 3 and outed after Texas tied it up then gave up the lead.

How badly do you 3 need your ego stroked? Holy shit. It was a GL stand. Has happened many times before. This one didn’t win you the game. I’m tact, it had a minimal effect on the outcome.

What the **** are we doing here? How many rounds you wanna go Rocky?

lol, when was the last time either team did it in this game? Basically 4 downs on the one yardline?

Bet yall could’ve really used that 3:30 we ran off the clock at the end of the game 😂

I hate having a Big 12 Championship game. It diminishes the regular season match-up. That said - December will be delicious when Texas gets rid of the 3 turnovers and handles up on the Gooners by double digits to take the place in CFP.

And we don’t get a punt blocked for a touchdown, get a kickoff return called back, miss a field goal, drop a walk in touchdown at the end of the half, make a dumb personal foul penalty on 3rd down for Texas, DG doesn’t miss wide open short passes that he’s made all season…and the game is still close or tied going into the 4th 😂….sorry guys but we made a bunch of mistakes too.

Saturday was the most entertaining game that I have seen since Dave Aranda called a timeout with one second left to kick a field goal and run up the score on Lincoln Riley (yet another okie that tucked tail and ran).

LOL both teams in this thread own you…good luck being relevant again. Go home 🤣.

And congrats on the blow out loss to tech last weekend.

lol, when was the last time either team did it in this game? Basically 4 downs on the one yardline?

Bet yall could’ve really used that 3:30 we ran off the clock at the end of the game 😂

Always a lot of ifs for the team that loses a close game. Like, what if Sark runs a little more clock and OU only has 10-12 seconds left at EOG?

What if Gbenda doesn’t **** up coverage on final play?

What if Sark calls a run on 1st and 10 from +35 with 2:29 left instead of RPO?

Always a lot of ifs for the team that loses a close game. Like, what if Sark runs a little more clock and OU only has 10-12 seconds left at EOG?

What if Gbenda doesn’t **** up coverage on final play?

What if Sark calls a run on 1st and 10 from +35 with 2:29 left instead of RPO?

What if Sark runs more clock, still leaves plenty of time because OU had two time outs and your kicker reverts to the mean…we still drive down to the 20 in 30 seconds and get a field goal opportunity to win at worst.

Meh, two games is a small sample size and hardly makes a trend. 33 is a better indicator.
You sound like Army. They used to dominate College Football. But that was a looong time ago. Two is a small sample size. Until you notice it was THE LAST TWO.

What if Sark runs more clock, still leaves plenty of time because OU had two time outs and your kicker reverts to the mean…we still drive down to the 20 in 30 seconds and get a field goal opportunity to win at worst.

Uh, Texas was snapping the ball with 20/25 seconds on the play clock. OU used their final TOs when Texas crossed the 50.

Texas ran 5 plays in 1:10 and went from the 13 to the 50. Then called and ran their next two plays in 35 seconds. Wtf?

Yes, Texas could have ran much more time off the clock but chose to ignore it and play with pace.

Uh, Texas was snapping the ball with 20/25 seconds on the play clock. OU used their final TOs when Texas crossed the 50.

Texas ran 5 plays in 1:10 and went from the 13 to the 50. Then called and ran their next two plays in 35 seconds. Wtf?

Yes, Texas could have ran much more time off the clock but chose to ignore it and play with pace.

And what if that extra time allows OU’s defense to catch their breath, regroup and they stop Texas before the 50? Then you either punt or go for it on 4th and don’t get it…

Our defense was already gassed and down our second best DB. Texas’s tempo is what helped set that series up. Slow down and there’s no guarantee you have the same results.

No…owned is 28-5 and 14 conference titles to 3.

And 38-6 for Texas. Also owning.
Hahaha.

"It's unfortunate for Texas fans that what "should have happened" in their minds didn't happen over the last 27 years."

I get it - Blow U fans pick out selected time frames that suit your argument. But the fact is - you have to go all the way back to the covid year to find a time when you could compete with little ole Baylor. Suck it.

Hahaha.

"It's unfortunate for Texas fans that what "should have happened" in their minds didn't happen over the last 27 years."

I get it - Blow U fans pick out selected time frames that suit your argument. But the fact is - you have to go all the way back to the covid year to find a time when you could compete with little ole Baylor. Suck it.

Unfortunately Baylor isn’t on the schedule this year. But the Bears still have a good chance to make it to the Big 12 Championship game, so perhaps they’ll get to square off against OU there. Keep in mind, that Baylor loss to Texas State was an aberration, and it doesn’t count in the Big 12 standings.

Man weevil, you know me...I'm not a trash talker. Never really enjoyed it. Just not my thing.

So only in the interest of keeping things honest...our offense didn't go 3 and out after that stand. In fact, we had a 12 yard run the very next play. Our QB also had a nice 12 yard run after that. And DG even had a 44 yard run after that. We had a 10 play drive right after that stand.

Now, we didn't score any points on that drive because our kicker is not a good kicker. But we did move the ball effectively after the stand.

Just a minor correction. You guys get back to your discussion.

Hahaha.

Okay. Congrats on your two wins. Baylor is clearly the better football program 🤣.

Reactions: diadevic
According to most of you and all of the Texas mods and media…yall were so much better than OU that the refs shouldn’t have been an issue. It’s a top 15 matchup in arguably the biggest rivalry game in the country…if it wasn’t clear cut they weren’t going to call it. They grabbed his head and pushed, never pulled the facemask or at least it wasn’t obvious enough to call it.

Y’all had 3 opportunities on the 1 and one on the 2…blaming the refs for your team’s inability to score from the 1 against an “inferior” defensive line, that everyone, including the ou media identified as a mismatch in Texas’s favor before the game, is a big time cop out
The face mask makes for a pretty good handle to pull someones head and gain leverage. Does Worthy's torso bend back like that if his head wasn't pulled back? You can't say it would have which is why that should have been called. Also, I didn't mention it until you kept coming on here bringing it up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT