ADVERTISEMENT

Official Who will be the opponent in the Big 12 Championship Game Thread

Rather disappointing way for OU to end the season. Pretty big choke job tbh losing to two very average teams while being in control of their destiny. Venables is likely on the hot seat if things don’t get better next season.

Good luck in the Alamo Bowl OU
Will OU get the Alamo Bowl? If OSU were to beat Texas, then I'd assume Ou goes to the Alamo as both UT and OSU would make NY6 games. But the Alamo Bowl is the top bowl for the conference. If UT beats OSU, wouldn't conference title runner-up OSU not be the more likely candidate for that bowl, with OU thus falling to the Cheeze-it or Camping World bowl?

Will OU get the Alamo Bowl? If OSU were to beat Texas, then I'd assume Ou goes to the Alamo as both UT and OSU would make NY6 games. But the Alamo Bowl is the top bowl for the conference. If UT beats OSU, wouldn't conference title runner-up OSU not be the more likely candidate for that bowl, with OU thus falling to the Cheeze-it or Camping World bowl?
Yeah I believe you’re correct about that

Well it's they do end up there they'll go up against an Arizona team that closed strong. The Pac XII was no joke this year.
If OU goes to the Alamo Bowl it will be against USC. The TV opportunity to match LR against his old team will be too tempting to pass up.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
If OU goes to the Alamo Bowl it will be against USC. The TV opportunity to match LR against his old team will be too tempting to pass up.
Disagree. USC was still 7/5. They also lost 5 of their last 6. Mostly because the Alamo Bowl gets the second best team from the Pac XII and that ain't USC. And why would the Alamo Bowl want them they never travel well. Good grief Tulane brought more fans to the Cotton Bowl than SC did.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
If it is the Alamo Bowl will be against a better team than USC. Maybe Oregon State or Arizona if not UW.

If it is the Alamo Bowl will be against a better team than USC. Maybe Oregon State or Arizona if not UW.
Arizona because the Big XII has a contact with the highest ranked team that isn't an elite bowl and that team is Arizona.

And actually Oklahoma could end up in an elite bowl of Texas wins.

Rather disappointing way for OU to end the season. Pretty big choke job tbh losing to two very average teams while being in control of their destiny. Venables is likely on the hot seat if things don’t get better next season.
Disappointing to say the least but I believe Venables has OU trending upwards. Texas should throttle OSU
lol

As accurate as him even being in the Heisman conversation towards the end of the season.
Where is Ewers on the Heisman list @burnto? The Sark curse strikes again huh?

LOL some of you guys Are slow learners.IF yOu're going to attempt to troll you need to seriously up your passive/aggressive techniques. I mean hell, I put on a daily clinic on this board, I should start charging,I'm THAT good.

Disappointing to say the least but I believe Venables has OU trending upwards. Texas should throttle OSU

Where is Ewers on the Heisman list @burnto? The Sark curse strikes again huh?
Ewers is not performing at Heisman material. He really needs to come back next year. Texas needs him another year and he damn sure needs another year at the college level.

Ewers is not performing at Heisman material. He really needs to come back next year. Texas needs him another year and he damn sure needs another year at the college level.
Ewers has the arm talent, his mechanics just need to be refined imo

Ewers has the arm talent, his mechanics just need to be refined imo
I am no QB expert, so I am okay with his mechanics. To me, he throws the ball constantly into very tight coverage (and gets away with it most of the time). I just wonder if it will catch up to him with championship calibur defenses. I hope it is just me being a perfectionist nervous nelly and nothing to do with Quinn.

I am no QB expert, so I am okay with his mechanics. To me, he throws the ball constantly into very tight coverage (and gets away with it most of the time). I just wonder if it will catch up to him with championship calibur defenses. I hope it is just me being a perfectionist nervous nelly and nothing to do with Quinn.
I agree, what I see is throwing off the back foot . his passes, like everyone else throwing off their backfoot, seem to have a little float to them, passes longer than 15 yards, I mean, I think that may lead to pickoffs in the NFL

Reactions: westx and DHHorn
He has trouble dropping it in the bucket. He either throws too flat and doesn't give the receiver a chance to run under it or he throws to high of an arch and it hangs up. I guess he doesn't anticipate which type of throw he needs very well. On routes where he can just let it rip he is nails.

I agree, what I see is throwing off the back foot . his passes, like everyone else throwing off their backfoot, seem to have a little float to them, passes longer than 15 yards, I mean, I think that may lead to pickoffs in the NFL
He's taken a jump from last to this year and the numbers show it. His completion percentage is up 11 points from last year to 70% this year. His efficiency rating is up nearly points 30 points from last year. He's only started 20 games at the collegiate level but if he does come back next year he's very likely going to be QB1 in next years draft.

LOL some of you guys Are slow learners.IF yOu're going to attempt to troll you need to seriously up your passive/aggressive techniques. I mean hell, I put on a daily clinic on this board, I should start charging,I'm THAT good.
Some of us trolls? YOU are the ones that's the troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT