Orangebloods' Careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by raffi:
journalism degree, UT '70.
worked at y'all's favorite newspaper for 16 years. now publisher and CEO
of newspaper in Madison, WI.

Cool! Tell Brett Favre I said hello.

Gm/Regional sale manager for an irrigation company that sells res/com irrigation, golf course irr., seed and agronomic products. Currently we are the oldest family owned wholesale irrigation distributor in the United States and second largest only to John Deere.

Need help getting a greener yard?

I am starting my own business, Bat City Awards, here in Austin. We will sell corporate awards and promotional items. We open September 6th and are located at 4101 Guadalupe near UT.

Check out the website if interested: www.batcityawards.com

I'm a Red Raider, but I pay to post here as well so I'll partake in the discussion.

I own a golf shop in Houston, and several trailor parks outside the city. To preempt your questions, aggie flags outfly the okies' 3-2...

Maxhorn - Shoot me an email if you read this, dolemitettu@hotmail.com
This post was edited on 8/23 11:58 PM by Dynomite Dolemiteif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

For all your golfing needs!

ut4evr +++++++++++++++++

Im trying to find sample recording contracts or record deals. Im trying to draft a contract for an independant label, and want to have examples before I hit the entertainment lawyer. Maybe thats the wrong route to go, completely new to this music thing. Thanks for any help.

Screenprint tee shirts and do embroidery in Amarillo. Older son is a student at UT Med in Houston. Younger son attends Texas. He introduced this site to me and now I visit each and every day. Graduate of West Texas A & M in Canyon in '76.

Leading Petty Officer Naval communication and telecommunication area master station atlantic...N82(nctams lant for short)

in light of the insane length of this thread, combined with the fact that Bobby was on here yesterday asking about setting up blogs for people (looking to add value to the site), what if an Orangeblood's Pages was set up? i know the Exes have the Orange Pages, which i am on, but i also know that quite a few people on this site aren't Exes. basically a searchable directory of the services/professions of OBs. i'm always looking for different professions/services to refer my clients to and it would be nice if i could send them the way of fellow orangebloods.

Originally posted by Brink.:
in light of the insane length of this thread, combined
with the fact that Bobby was on here yesterday asking about setting up
blogs for people (looking to add value to the site), what if an
Orangeblood's Pages was set up? i know the Exes have the Orange Pages,
which i am on, but i also know that quite a few people on this site
aren't Exes. basically a searchable directory of the
services/professions of OBs. i'm always looking for different
professions/services to refer my clients to and it would be nice if i
could send them the way of fellow orangebloods.
I think that's a great idea...but that's just me.

Bank Teller in Tyler. Going to school right now to be an accountant. Anyone have any advice on keeping my head above water with this?

Bank Teller in Tyler. Going to school right now to be an accountant. Anyone have any advice on keeping my head above water with this?

Sorry for the triple post, my computer was slow to post so I just kept hitting post until it started moving.

OK, I'll jump in: economic & policy analyst, Tx. Public Utility Commission. Also, a runner for over 35 years and, as my handle indicates, a serious Longhorn fan for nearly 44 years. (I graduated from UT in '75, the last of my family to do so, starting with my beloved late father in 1932.)

Originally posted by dbaker1980:
Originally posted by Brink.:
in light of the insane length of this thread, combined
with the fact that Bobby was on here yesterday asking about setting up
blogs for people (looking to add value to the site), what if an
Orangeblood's Pages was set up? i know the Exes have the Orange Pages,
which i am on, but i also know that quite a few people on this site
aren't Exes. basically a searchable directory of the
services/professions of OBs. i'm always looking for different
professions/services to refer my clients to and it would be nice if i
could send them the way of fellow orangebloods.
I think that's a great idea...but that's just me.

I think it's a great idea as well. I've run across the orange pages before on the exes site but I've found very few people who have actually signed up and are willing to speak with alums and current students about job openings/mentoring/internships/etc. It's my guess that the feature is either relatively new or that they have not started actively marketing the site.

On a side note, after starting the thread and seeing how it took off, I've been thinking about starting a website that would serve as a meeting place for alums and students to contact one another directly to discuss job openings, internship opportunities, possible mentoring and anything else UT/Job related. I graduated in May 04 and if it wasn't for a TX Ex who gave me a heads-up on a great opportunity, there is no telling what I would be doing now.

I would welcome any ideas, suggestions or thoughts on something like this...feel free to reply in this thread or shoot me an email at adamlschaeffer@gmail.com

This thread is long, but I don't think it beats the Martellus announcement meldtown thread in the winter of our discontent last year.

Own an equipment leasing/finance company headquartered in Austin

Chairman/CEO of independent insurance agency in Lubbock.

Hook-Em Horns!

Run a tool and die and contract metal stamping manufacturing company in Charlotte, NC. BBA UT 1992

Retired last year lasted 2mo., Mechanical Superintendent doing a Marina for Mega Yacht up to 400ft. St.Thomas,Virgin Islands

Originally posted by UT1976:
Texhorns4 - are you going to be in Jacksonville for the Jacksonville - Sulphur Springs game this Friday at the Tomato Bowl?

How does JHS look this year. Are we going to be good?
JHS class of 91

Basura, baby! Partner and Sales Manager of a local waste management co. here in SA. Specialize in construction and commercial waste hauling services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT