ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep paralysis.. Google it.. Will explain 90% of the "bed" related weird stuff.. ie somebody holding you down...
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by african anteater ritual:
a few years ago i stayed at a former monestary turned four star hotel called villa san michele overlooking florence italy. i was alone, but there for a wedding of some friends also staying at the hotel.

i got there the night before the wedding and took a cab into downtown to get some dinner and a couple glasses of wine. i mean it when i say i had no more than three glasses of wine and went back to the hotel. i went to bed early because the wedding was in the morning.

i tossed and turned all night until i felt someone sit on the bed around 3am. my eyes were wide as can be but i just sat there and kept telling myself that it was all in my head... that you've heard about this a thousand times and you're just sleepy. in the next minute two hands grabbed my right arm and squeezed. i let out three of the highest pitched girliest screams you can imagine. (i think i left my man card when i checked out). i didn't get out of bed, but i turned the tv on and checked the room from the bed. the only channel in english was cnn, so i saw the indiana/detroit basketball brawl probably 20 times before the breakfast opened and i felt safe getting out of my bed.

anyway, my friends thought it was better to tell everyone than to "keep it between us" and it raised a couple of eyebrows. the wedding coordinator used to work at the hotel and asked if i was staying in one of the four rooms above the front desk (out of 80 or so rooms). i was... and she explained that more than 200 years ago a friar was "excused" from the monestary for suspicion of murdering another friar in one of those four rooms.

i've tried many times to convince myself it was my mind playing tricks, but it simply something i couldn't dismiss. i really don't like sounding crazy, but it is what it is.

I laugh at the shrieking. That's some scary stuff.

Nope, ghosts don't exist. At least if by "ghost" you mean the departed spirits of dead people which appear to the living. There are spirits who might take such a form, but they're not people.

Reactions: Ou_suks2008
Originally posted by easyperk:
Nope, ghosts don't exist. At least if by "ghost" you mean the departed spirits of dead people which appear to the living. There are spirits who might take such a form, but they're not people.

Whoa. Never thought of it that way.

Originally posted by easyperk:

Well...... I guess that settles it then. Thread over.

I had an experience when I was home for x-mas while I was at UT (about '94) and it freaked me out. I told my Mom about it and she told me that it was a bad dream, though I knew it was not.

I woke up and heard someone talking to me from my closet, very calmly telling me he was going to kill me. I tried to scream out, but couldn't. I tried to move but couldn't.

I just wrote it off as a bad dream, though I knew it wasn't a dream.

Then about 5 years ago, I read a post on Hornfans about sleep paralysis. That had to be it. It was just as described by most articles about it. Not being able to move, with a sense of evil of someone/something in the room. It's happened once in my life and that's it.

Originally posted by african anteater ritual:
a few years ago i stayed at a former monestary turned four star hotel called villa san michele overlooking florence italy. i was alone, but there for a wedding of some friends also staying at the hotel.

i got there the night before the wedding and took a cab into downtown to get some dinner and a couple glasses of wine. i mean it when i say i had no more than three glasses of wine and went back to the hotel. i went to bed early because the wedding was in the morning.

i tossed and turned all night until i felt someone sit on the bed around 3am. my eyes were wide as can be but i just sat there and kept telling myself that it was all in my head... that you've heard about this a thousand times and you're just sleepy. in the next minute two hands grabbed my right arm and squeezed. i let out three of the highest pitched girliest screams you can imagine. (i think i left my man card when i checked out). i didn't get out of bed, but i turned the tv on and checked the room from the bed. the only channel in english was cnn, so i saw the indiana/detroit basketball brawl probably 20 times before the breakfast opened and i felt safe getting out of my bed.

anyway, my friends thought it was better to tell everyone than to "keep it between us" and it raised a couple of eyebrows. the wedding coordinator used to work at the hotel and asked if i was staying in one of the four rooms above the front desk (out of 80 or so rooms). i was... and she explained that more than 200 years ago a friar was "excused" from the monestary for suspicion of murdering another friar in one of those four rooms.

i've tried many times to convince myself it was my mind playing tricks, but it simply something i couldn't dismiss. i really don't like sounding crazy, but it is what it is.
That's spooky.

Originally posted by dillionaire23:
I'd love to post. I've asked her recently what she did with, but she has no idea where it is.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

You have an authentic picture of a ghost.

Then you misplace it. Yeah, right.

Good Lord, c'mon, gimme a break.

Keep this going. Great stories. Shoot, maybe Ketch's next book should be "Orangebloods Ghost Stories". I might buy.

Originally posted by justacrzywhteboy:
I had a really strange encounter last night with what seemed to be come sort of spirit. I was chilling in my room playing xbox (my door was closed)... Then I heard a voice from downstairs that called my name a couple times (it almost sounded like a whisper, but it was loud at the same time). I walked out and looked downstairs thinking it might be my dad, but there was no one there and all of the lights were still turned off. Later on I saw a couple shadows drifting along the wall at the top of my stairs, but once again, nothing was there. For the rest of the night, I felt a presence drifting over me that didn't seem like it wanted to hurt me, but it scared the mess out of me.

this morning I talked to my parents about it, thinking that they would say I'm crazy, but they both said they have heard voices calling their names throughout the house over the last couple months but they also felt like it didn't want to harm them or anything.

I really wish i knew what this thing was, or how to get rid of it, because it scares the crap outta me.

At least your ghost likes playing Xbox. See if it will chip in for beers from time to time, and maybe you can have a sweet ghost buddy and make a movie about it or something.

I was telling my uncle about this thread and he told me about an experience he had a couple of years ago. He took his wife and two boys to his boss's beach house in Florida for a weekend trip. My cousins were 7 and 5 at the time and the younger one was notorious for waking my uncle up for a drink of water in the middle of the night. That night my uncle woke up to, what he thought was my cousin, tugging on the covers down near his feet. When he sat up in bed, there was no one there. My uncle went to the other bedroom and found both boys passed out in bed. He went to back to bed assuming my cousin had given up on the water. The next night, around 2:00 am, my uncle once again woke up to someone tugging on the covers at his feet. He turned on the bedside lamp and, other than he and my aunt, there was no one else in the room. He checked on my cousins and they were both sound asleep. At this point, he is a little freaked out and wakes the boys up asking them if they were in his room. They both said no and went back to sleep. He checked all of the doors and windows and the house was definitely locked up for the night. When he got back to the office on Monday morning, he hesitantly told his boss about the tugging of the covers. His boss had a huge look of relief on his face and he proceeded to admit to my uncle that it happens to him every time he's stayed in that room but he wasn't sure if his mind was playing tricks on him. Apparently about 10 years ago, before my uncle's boss bought the place, a little boy died in that room from a ridiculously high fever. Now every time a family stays in that room, the little boy tugs on the covers and wakes up the dad.

For what its worth, I don't believe in any ghost BS. I know it doesn't add anything to the thread but I did answer the original question. For what its worth my 5 year old daughter believes in ghosts.

Hook em

Originally posted by scary jarbro:
i wasn't going to post my experience, but then read some of the stories & thought to myself, what the hell.

when i moved to saint louis in 2003, i moved into a newly renovated downtown loft apartment building called Merchandise Mart. the building has been around since the 19th century.

i used to "see" shadows on the ceiling that i attibuted to a ceiling fan or perhaps light cast-up from the street. one evening while watching television, i noticed one of the shadows, then my girlfriend sort of glance up. i asked her what she saw & she reported the exact same thing to me.

however, the ceiling fan wasn't on. i got up & noticed that there was no light possibly cast from outside anywhere to the point on the ceiling where the moving shadow had been. at that point, both of us were a little creeped out, because this was an ongoing deal over several months, though this was the first time we spoke of it.

it happened many occasions after that without any reasonable explanation. then, one day we arrived home together. as i opened the front door, i noticed something in my bedroom which opened up to the hallway immediately to the right of the front door.

i noticed a "shadow" in the form of a small child had been sitting at the foot of my bed & seemed spooked when we opened the door & scurried away.

i also noticed that my girlfriend who walked in virtually at the same time (with me) glanced in the same direction. i asked her what she had seen & she described to me the EXACT SAME THING. we both had goosebumps for several minutes.

we had a few more occurences that were very similar. we never felt in harm's way whatsoever. soon, i moved from that unit (#312) to unit 628. i'd wake up early to take my girlfriend to work (6 am) & several times when i returned home, upon entering i'd see the silhouette of a man in a coat/fedora standing in the doorway to the first bedroom in the place.

each & every time, the man would turn & walk into the bedroom. each & every time, her cat would be standing in the doorway where the man was.

after our relationship ended, i moved out. after a few months we began dating again, albeit briefly. one evening while getting on the elevator we began talking about the experiences.

the elevator came to the 3rd floor & a couple got on. as we continued to speak about it, the girl asked what we were talking about. when we explained it, she began to cry & hit her boyfriend on the arm saying, "see, i told you!"

she was living in unit 312 & had been having the same experiences.
Dude. That seriously just made the hair stand up all over my arms. F-ing creepy!!!

My dad was a coach at a local junior high from the day it opened in '77 until he retired in 2007. He says that from the very first day he was in that school until the last, strange things would always happen. The first year the school was open was the worst according to him. A girl OD'd in the school, the school was flooded after 5 months, and stuff would constantly become lost. Well the summer before school started, he was working in his office getting it ready from the start when he heard the showers all turn on at once. 25 shower heads just turned on. Think about that. He goes to check it out, thinking that its maybe a problem with the pipes, but the handles for all the showers had been turned on. He left the school for the day after that.

One of the worst stories was when he told me about the very first school dance they had. He was supervising the kids when he noticed a little girl standing at the very top of the stairs. The stairs were blocked off by tables so he moves them out of the way then heads up there to bring her back down. When he gets closer he notices that the girl is wearing a very old style dress, down to her ankles. He yells at her to get back down to the cafeteria, but she just smiles at him and takes off running down the hall and around the corner. When he chases after her he turns the corner and runs right into this big metal fence that is put up to block off halls. But the girl was nowhere.

Other teachers would continue to see and hear strange things throughout the school year. One of the science teachers was grading papers in her room after school when she looked up and saw a little Mexican boy standing in the door way. He smiled at her and asked in Spanish if she needed help, she said no thanks and got up to close her door. After about 30 minutes she looks up at her door after hearing a noise in the side window next to her door, she sees the same little Mexican boy staring at her with this blank expression on his face. She gets up to ask him whats wrong but by the time she gets to the door, he has disappeared right before her eyes.

When I was in elementary school I would go to the junior high and wait for my dad to be done with football practice in his office. A couple of times I would hear the showers turn on when there wouldn't be anyone in there, or a locker slam shut. But every time I was there I would feel like I was being watched.

In high school after telling my friends these stories, we all decided to go check out the school at night. Big mistake. We get into the parking lot and immediately it feels like we're being watched and like someone is pressing on our chests. Everyone felt it. So we're in the parking lot all trying to act tough but its not working, no one was brave enough to go up to the glass and look in. One of my friends starts bawling uncontrollably, freaking out like something is chasing him. We pile into our cars and peel out of there. No one wanted to look back until we got back home.

Bump.
smilie1.gif

Originally posted by babyshoe:
Originally posted by McGarnagle:

Originally posted by blueorder36:
I haven't had any experiences with ghosts. I died in 1925.
laugh.gif

I don't believe, but maybe I should. There have been a few times at night where I have felt as if I couldn't move or sit up, and woke up screaming. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or what. Creepy for sure.
It felt as if something was holding me down on the bed at my shoulders.
Still, seeing is believing for me I guess. These stories are fascinating though. Keep them coming.

May be just sleep paralysis. Link to an article at the bottom.

There have been a lot of times when I wake up before my body does. Can't move and usually feels as if I can't breath. Never had any hallucinations accompany it like the article talks about. I'm kinda accustomed to it now so when it happens it's not a big deal. Very strange feeling though to not be able to move.
This post was edited on 6/8 7:06 PM by McGarnagle

Wow. Thanks for that. I've never heard of anything like that but it describes exactly what happened. And I do have severe sleep apnea so I bet that contributes to it.
Originally posted by McGarnagle:

Originally posted by blueorder36:
I haven't had any experiences with ghosts. I died in 1925.
laugh.gif

I don't believe, but maybe I should. There have been a few times at night where I have felt as if I couldn't move or sit up, and woke up screaming. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or what. Creepy for sure.
It felt as if something was holding me down on the bed at my shoulders.
Still, seeing is believing for me I guess. These stories are fascinating though. Keep them coming.

May be just sleep paralysis. Link to an article at the bottom.

There have been a lot of times when I wake up before my body does. Can't move and usually feels as if I can't breath. Never had any hallucinations accompany it like the article talks about. I'm kinda accustomed to it now so when it happens it's not a big deal. Very strange feeling though to not be able to move.
This post was edited on 6/8 7:06 PM by McGarnagle

Wow. Thanks for that. I've never heard of anything like that but it describes exactly what happened. And I do have severe sleep apnea so I bet that contributes to it.

this happened to me this morning... i was freaking out its happened before as well

Reactions: GO_HORNS_GO
Originally posted by UTGoon:
My dad was a coach at a local junior high from the day it opened in '77 until he retired in 2007. He says that from the very first day he was in that school until the last, strange things would always happen. The first year the school was open was the worst according to him. A girl OD'd in the school, the school was flooded after 5 months, and stuff would constantly become lost. Well the summer before school started, he was working in his office getting it ready from the start when he heard the showers all turn on at once. 25 shower heads just turned on. Think about that. He goes to check it out, thinking that its maybe a problem with the pipes, but the handles for all the showers had been turned on. He left the school for the day after that.

One of the worst stories was when he told me about the very first school dance they had. He was supervising the kids when he noticed a little girl standing at the very top of the stairs. The stairs were blocked off by tables so he moves them out of the way then heads up there to bring her back down. When he gets closer he notices that the girl is wearing a very old style dress, down to her ankles. He yells at her to get back down to the cafeteria, but she just smiles at him and takes off running down the hall and around the corner. When he chases after her he turns the corner and runs right into this big metal fence that is put up to block off halls. But the girl was nowhere.

Other teachers would continue to see and hear strange things throughout the school year. One of the science teachers was grading papers in her room after school when she looked up and saw a little Mexican boy standing in the door way. He smiled at her and asked in Spanish if she needed help, she said no thanks and got up to close her door. After about 30 minutes she looks up at her door after hearing a noise in the side window next to her door, she sees the same little Mexican boy staring at her with this blank expression on his face. She gets up to ask him whats wrong but by the time she gets to the door, he has disappeared right before her eyes.

When I was in elementary school I would go to the junior high and wait for my dad to be done with football practice in his office. A couple of times I would hear the showers turn on when there wouldn't be anyone in there, or a locker slam shut. But every time I was there I would feel like I was being watched.

In high school after telling my friends these stories, we all decided to go check out the school at night. Big mistake. We get into the parking lot and immediately it feels like we're being watched and like someone is pressing on our chests. Everyone felt it. So we're in the parking lot all trying to act tough but its not working, no one was brave enough to go up to the glass and look in. One of my friends starts bawling uncontrollably, freaking out like something is chasing him. We pile into our cars and peel out of there. No one wanted to look back until we got back home.

That feeling of being watched and something pressing on your chest is called fear. Nothing unusual about that. The rest of your story if freaky.
This post was edited on 6/23 3:17 PM by TexasRN

Originally posted by jamzan2:
I'll elaborate a little bit more about my wife's story although she could tell it better than I could. My wife moved to Austin from Atlanta, GA 20yrs ago to be closer with her mother's family, whom live here in Texas...they're spread out from Waco,Austin, San Antonio, Pearsall and inbetween thru Del Rio. Having been brought up to be a 'strong woman', she's very opinionated and very willful. I'll leave it at that. She was also brought up in the Catholic faith. Now, some things happened in her life from childhood thru college that really damaged her faith in God..she was angry for a long time. When she and I met, I wasn't into going to Church all the time although I'd drop in somewhere from time to time..if only to appease my mother when she'd ask, "Are you going to Church?".. Anyway, she was very angry and despised God and was not afraid to let anyone know it. Her accounting of events prior to the 'THING', was that strange people were always asking her "Where to do go to Church?" or "Who's your pastor?" stuff like that.. Being in her mindset, you can imagine what might have come out of mouth as these people.. So, she's staying with her Great Aunt Eunice before she gets her own place... Her accounting as I remember her telling me: After a long week of running into people asking her about God and Church and such, she goes to sleep one evening. She remembers the house getting really quiet and cold and she hears creaking in her room as if someone had just stood there.. She remembers feeling this 'evil' presence...she described it as evil, hatred, mocking, laughing presence... she heard it growl and purr at her. She couldn't see it directly, but it was just a black presence.. the way it jumped on her bed reminded her of her cat.. She said she tried to sit up to get out of the room, but it slammed her back on the bed with it's front feet/paws and then sat or pressed on her. She said it kept purring at her as it pressed on her chest..she couldn't breathe and she couldn't move..she said it felt like it trying to press it's face over hers..she could feels it's breathe and smell it.. So, she did the only thing she could..she cried out in Jesus' name and just kept at it in her mind until she could catch her breathe enough to yell it out loud.. Eventually the pressure eased and the presence went away, but not like it fled at the mere mention of his name, more like, "Get your sh*t together or else I'll be back." That's how she took it..as a warning to her to going down the path that she was on.. I get the chills everytime I think about it.

not that im mocking your story or dont believe you because i totally do... but why would a demon/devil try to scare her into believing in jesus wouldnt it please the being that she doesnt like/believe in god/jesus?

Inlcuded in my list which I posted this on the "what movie scared you the most" thread was one called "Death of a Ghost Hunter." I think maybe it purported to be based on a true story. Whether or not that's true, it is some pretty scary stuff. I highly recommend it, but not when you're home alone.

On the OP's general topic, I've never seen one, but I've suspected that there was one around a couple of times. Strange things happening that didn't necessarily involve large quantities of alcohol. I guess I'm a believer.

Originally posted by sldl:
Originally posted by cuevas55:
i know the hispanics/mexicans know what im talking about La llorona, and the lechusa.. anyone have anything on that??

I have some mexican friends and I wish I didnt know about lachusa.

My grandmother claims that La Lechuza came after when she was young. She claims that it has a very creepy whistle. If you mock it it will come after you. She said her and her cousins heard it one night and one them whistled back and it came after them scratching the windows all night long.

I vote for the dolls in the attic story and the model plane being put together story.

i wanted to bump this up so i can read the whole thread before it disappears.

i've got at least a dozen stories i've accumulated over the years, some involving me, some involving family members and friends. none of them are ghost stories per se, but they do involve evidence of life continuing "beyond the veil" as i like to put it.

there is a book by gary schwartz, a phd psychologist (U. Arizona), a very respected and well educated academic, called "the afterlife experiments". i read that book AFTER my stories had accumulated, and the similarity to some of my stories was absolutely eeirie.

i am completely convinced that life (or the spirit) does not end at death, and is my direct experiences that have given me that faith.

not sure about "ghosts", but it is pretty clear to me that there is a transition dimension where life does not end, but simply changes.

Reactions: venivedivici
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT