ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so gonna start watching 'Ghost Whisperer' again, and not just because of Jennifer Love Hewitt . . .

Originally posted by Moooooo:
I am so gonna start watching 'Ghost Whisperer' again, and not just because of Jennifer Love Hewitt . . .

Oh yeah!

jennifer_love_hewitt_fat_bikini_1_thumb.jpg

This post was edited on 6/10 10:50 AM by OdessaHorn

Originally posted by lsampson:
Has anyone had any experiences with aliens or the Chupacabra?

the Chupacabra is real. they have found several. aliens visiting earth are not. Roswell is now proven to be a weather balloon. Area 51 is a testing site with extreme technology, but nothing foreign. i know someone who has been there and it's 20 years in Leavenworth with no appeal if you even discuss it with someone not classified. you're given a polygraph weekly asking if you discussed it with anyone you shouldn't have. fail it and you are in BIG trouble. yes on #1, no, on #2.

Originally posted by TEX(AUS):
my wife told me one. there is a railroad crossing in San Antonio. if you stop your car on the tracks, after a bit something slowly moves your car forward and it's not because of an incline or the weather. it's a crossing where someone was killed when trying to pass. and it's not a one time episode. strange.
Hey TEX(AUS), I dated a girl from San Antonio in college. One weekend we went took a trip to SA and she took me to the tracks. According to the locals, a school bus full of kids got stuck on the tracks and were killed by a train. If a vehicle stops on the tracks, the car will be "pushed" off of the tracks and into the clear. When we went to the tracks, there must have been 10 other groups of people who came to experience "the push". Some people brought flour with them to sprinkle across their trunk and bumper, because apparently they can see children's hand prints on the back of their car.

The Travel Channel included The Tracks in the top ten haunted places in the US. They sent a team out there to take measurements and they said the ground is perfectly level so there is no sloping of the ground to cause your car to roll forward. Pretty interesting stuff.

Originally posted by regger13:

Originally posted by TEX(AUS):

my wife told me one. there is a railroad crossing in San Antonio. if you stop your car on the tracks, after a bit something slowly moves your car forward and it's not because of an incline or the weather. it's a crossing where someone was killed when trying to pass. and it's not a one time episode. strange.
Hey TEX(AUS), I dated a girl from San Antonio in college. One weekend we went took a trip to SA and she took me to the tracks. According to the locals, a school bus full of kids got stuck on the tracks and were killed by a train. If a vehicle stops on the tracks, the car will be "pushed" off of the tracks and into the clear. When we went to the tracks, there must have been 10 other groups of people who came to experience "the push". Some people brought flour with them to sprinkle across their trunk and bumper, because apparently they can see children's hand prints on the back of their car.

The Travel Channel included The Tracks in the top ten haunted places in the US. They sent a team out there to take measurements and they said the ground is perfectly level so there is no sloping of the ground to cause your car to roll forward. Pretty interesting stuff.

The SA "haunted" RR tracks is a myth. No such accident ever occurred in SA.

Optical illusion

Also I know everyone says the house was on an Indian burial ground but he lives on a road called Indian hills and we researched why it was called that after our experience in the attic.

This thread is almost into its 5th page, and not one person has mentioned Large Marge in PeeWee's Big Adventure.

Originally posted by skeane24:
I have a pretty spooky true story that always scares the crap out of me and gets my tears flowing (laugh all you want) I hate reliving it but I decided to write this up anyways.

When I was in high school one of my good buddies (John) comes to school and told me and 4 of our other buddies that there is something going on in his attic. He told us he kept hearing laughing noises and banging sounds. We told him to investigate and get back to us. At this point we think he is just kidding. This attic isn’t a normal attic, its okay to sleep in and has a couch, tv, air hockey table, and of course a separate room dedicated to his moms doll collection of over 100 dolls on the walls in separate locked doll cases…

Then about two weeks later John comes to school and had pulled some of his hair out. He told us he slept up there and there are some saw some very creepy things he couldn’t explain up there and he went nuts that night and pulled his hair out. Now we obviously believe him and he was starting to cry while telling us. Then we of course had to see what was going on so we say fvck it and we decide to sleep up there.

The night finally comes and right after school we go up there at like 4pm to get sleeping bags and air mattresses ready and at this point everything seemed fine. We checked out the doll room which even during the day gave us chills but nothing was happening just creepy looking dolls. About 5 hours go by and we are just sitting up there playing video games when all of a sudden things start to make a turn for the worse…

In the back room we hear an extremely loud slam and we all go to investigate (even though we are scared shitless) and the closet door in the doll room that was once open is now slammed shut. One of the glass doll cases are open and the doll is on the floor. We immediately run back to the couch and where all of our bedding stuff is and we are freaked. About 10 minutes goes by and a beaming light come on from behind us and we think it’s a ghost but it’s the refrigerator door that comes whipping open as if someone grabbed the handle and pulled it at immense force. At this point we are huddled around like a bunch of school girls.

About 2 hours go by with nothing and at this point it’s around 11 or so and we continue to play video games in silence and wait patiently for something (Big Mistake). The air hockey table turns on and we hear the faint humming sound it makes and we turn around and there is an outline of the upper half of a man standing right by the only door to run out of so we did not run because we would have had to run right through it. It was there for about 10-15 seconds but it seemed like an eternity.

After it leaves we are now huddled under a blanket with tears in our eyes thinking of a plan and decide whether to leave or try and be badass and stay but we all voted leave. We all count to 10 and book it to the door and you have to run past the doll room in order to leave the attic and while running by the door room the door swings open and we could all hear the dolls playing the doll piano and giggling.

It was the scariest experience of my life and it is true. Take it for what its worth but after that I believe in ghosts. His house is supposedly on an old Indian burial ground. I am still friends with the guys and we still talk about the story from time to time but it gives us chills.

This is the best story in the thread so far in my opinion. Do you mind if I share it on a podcast that I do? It's just for my fantasy football league, but I think it's a fun one to tell anyways.

Originally posted by hotlantahorn:
This thread is almost into its 5th page, and not one person has mentioned Large Marge in PeeWee's Big Adventure.

Old Man River is not getting any love either. He must have retired.

When my Dad was in his 30s, he took a job caretaking a large summer resort in Colorado for the winter and our family moved up there. He was working on a book at the time, and it seemed to be the perfect getaway for us.

This resort was incredible, and one of the oddest places was the old ballroom. The elevators were a little freaky, as were these two little twin girls that would sometimes appear. Anyway, Dad went nuts one night and we ran out of the house and had to get into a snow cat that an old black man drove up there to pick us up in. He said he could somehow sense that we were in trouble, but unfortunately my Dad got to him before he froze to death in a maze.

It has been tough since then, but we have moved on. I never really liked watching the Tonight Show after that until Jay Leno took over.

Adolph Kunkel - I was typing my silly drivel when you posted that. Coincidence? Ghost? I am actually a little bothered now.

Originally posted by cuevas55:
i know the hispanics/mexicans know what im talking about La llorona, and the lechusa.. anyone have anything on that??

I have some mexican friends and I wish I didnt know about lachusa.

Originally posted by PaulKemp:
I just moved into a place built in the 1910's because of its location. Since arriving, I have been waking up hourly throughout the night due to night terrors and heavy sweating. I often feel like a ghost is present in the room during these disturbances. Multiple neighbors have relayed stories about this area being extremely haunted.

Curious, I combed the internet seeking stories from people experiencing situations more in tune with my own. Apparently, my symptoms are not those of having contact with the other side, but instead, AIDS.

This post was edited on 6/10 4:12 AM by PaulKemp

THAT is freaking hilarious.

Originally posted by sldl:

Originally posted by cuevas55:
i know the hispanics/mexicans know what im talking about La llorona, and the lechusa.. anyone have anything on that??

I have some mexican friends and I wish I didnt know about lachusa.

why not sldl?? what happened??

I once saw my British Knights walk across the hall in my house when I was 10. That is all.

I know this sounds a little crazy but it happend. Back when I was in 8th grade a group of us (7-8) we walking back from the basball field on night and we kept giving a couple of our mexican friends hell about it. One of my firends went as far as to start whistling mocking it. Well being the young punks we were on of my friends through a rock and busted out a window in some business and we ran up on of the water tower hills here in Graham to avoid getting caught. Well once we came to a stop about midway up I remember seeing these green eyes and this huff/coughing noise over to the left I remember we all started praying and held hands until we got down to the bottom of the hill into the lights by southern bleachers.

I know this sounds really crazy and 90% of the people on here probably will not believe it but I know what happend. I remember hearing scratching on my window that night and slept in the front room for about two weeks after.

On another occasion we were outside one of my friends house 1-2 AM (he was hispanic and from mexico) and we were all talking about religion. All of a sudden we seen this bird on top of his house with those same green eyes making that same noise. We went inside and woke up his mom and she lit some candles and started praying.

I havent experienced anything else regarding this witch/devil bird but know enough to not want anything else to do with it.

I know this sounds a little crazy but it happend. Back when I was in 8th grade a group of us (7-8) we walking back from the basball field on night and we kept giving a couple of our mexican friends hell about it. One of my firends went as far as to start whistling mocking it. Well being the young punks we were on of my friends through a rock and busted out a window in some business and we ran up on of the water tower hills here in Graham to avoid getting caught. Well once we came to a stop about midway up I remember seeing these green eyes and this huff/coughing noise over to the left I remember we all started praying and held hands until we got down to the bottom of the hill into the lights by southern bleachers.

I know this sounds really crazy and 90% of the people on here probably will not believe it but I know what happend. I remember hearing scratching on my window that night and slept in the front room for about two weeks after.

On another occasion we were outside one of my friends house 1-2 AM (he was hispanic and from mexico) and we were all talking about religion. All of a sudden we seen this bird on top of his house with those same green eyes making that same noise. We went inside and woke up his mom and she lit some candles and started praying.

I havent experienced anything else regarding this witch/devil bird but know enough to not want anything else to do with it.
Ah, so green eyed birds like screwing with Mexicans...

OK, Here are my two stories,though they are not nearly as good as many of the stories I have read here.

When I was about 19 or 20 me and a buddy rented a house that had slight rumors to have some "special background" to it. We would hear a lot of noises, especially in the attick at night. I attributed it to kind of a loud settling. Louder than normal but nothing outrageous. We both worked odd hours so we would often not see each other for a couple of days at a time because of the way we slept and worked. One day I came home and he was in the living room. He was totally shocked to see me. He asked how long I had been out. I told him for several hours. He said he thought I had been home because had heard quite a bit of noise and banging around in my bedroom. He was pretty freaked out. Then about a month later about 2 or 3 in the morning we where each in or bedrooms and we heard really loud footsteps in the attick. It was loud enough to wake us both and get us out of bed. It sounded as if someone was walking circles around the attick, fairly fast paced. It would go from above my roommates bedroom over to my bedroom then around to the livingroom and back again. This went on for a couple of minutes and we finally got the courage to open the attick hide-a-stairs. We turn on the lights up there and of course we see nothing. That had us freaked out for a long time. It was definetly not the house settling.

In our first house after my marriage we had a german shepard that was a great dog. He was the kind of dog that would sooner lick someone to death before he would bite them. Every night before bed he would kind of do a patrol through the house to make sure everything was OK. Whenever he got to our dining room he would often kind of look into one corner and let out a little growl or bark. Me and my wife would joke about the ghost. One night during the patrol he went all out at the corner. I mean it was as if he was trying to fighting off a viscous animal or person. Protecting our space. This went on for less than a minute but he was totally guarding us. He would kind of slowly backup then slowly move forward, as if he was battling over a piece of ground. In full attack mode the whole time. Nonstop barking/growling, cannines exposed, slobbering at the mouth, hair raised on his back and tail. In the 14 years that I had that dog I never saw him before or after where he displayed so much aggression/protection. After that he often would lay in our livingroom facing the direction of that corner where he could keep a watch on it.
About three years later, when our daughter was about two. Me and her were playing catch. The ball rolled into that corner and I told her to get it. She ran and grabbed me and so "no daddy". I said why not. She looked at me and said "monster". She would never go towards that corner either.
Neither me nor my wife ever saw anything in the ten years we owned that house but our dog and daughter sure felt they did see something.

Reactions: TxHillCountry
Originally posted by LJ01:
OK, Here are my two stories,though they are not nearly as good as many of the stories I have read here.

When I was about 19 or 20 me and a buddy rented a house that had slight rumors to have some "special background" to it. We would hear a lot of noises, especially in the attick at night. I attributed it to kind of a loud settling. Louder than normal but nothing outrageous. We both worked odd hours so we would often not see each other for a couple of days at a time because of the way we slept and worked. One day I came home and he was in the living room. He was totally shocked to see me. He asked how long I had been out. I told him for several hours. He said he thought I had been home because had heard quite a bit of noise and banging around in my bedroom. He was pretty freaked out. Then about a month later about 2 or 3 in the morning we where each in or bedrooms and we heard really loud footsteps in the attick. It was loud enough to wake us both and get us out of bed. It sounded as if someone was walking circles around the attick, fairly fast paced. It would go from above my roommates bedroom over to my bedroom then around to the livingroom and back again. This went on for a couple of minutes and we finally got the courage to open the attick hide-a-stairs. We turn on the lights up there and of course we see nothing. That had us freaked out for a long time. It was definetly not the house settling.

In our first house after my marriage we had a german shepard that was a great dog. He was the kind of dog that would sooner lick someone to death before he would bite them. Every night before bed he would kind of do a patrol through the house to make sure everything was OK. Whenever he got to our dining room he would often kind of look into one corner and let out a little growl or bark. Me and my wife would joke about the ghost. One night during the patrol he went all out at the corner. I mean it was as if he was trying to fighting off a viscous animal or person. Protecting our space. This went on for less than a minute but he was totally guarding us. He would kind of slowly backup then slowly move forward, as if he was battling over a piece of ground. In full attack mode the whole time. Nonstop barking/growling, cannines exposed, slobbering at the mouth, hair raised on his back and tail. In the 14 years that I had that dog I never saw him before or after where he displayed so much aggression/protection. After that he often would lay in our livingroom facing the direction of that corner where he could keep a watch on it.
About three years later, when our daughter was about two. Me and her were playing catch. The ball rolled into that corner and I told her to get it. She ran and grabbed me and so "no daddy". I said why not. She looked at me and said "monster". She would never go towards that corner either.
Neither me nor my wife ever saw anything in the ten years we owned that house but our dog and daughter sure felt they did see something.
Ah hell...that's freaky.

Originally posted by Hookah Horns:

Ah, so green eyed birds like screwing with Mexicans...
I don't know why, but that made me laugh..
laugh.gif

How many of you actually tried the Bloody Mary thing as a kid? We used to do it all the time..even though doing so scared the crap out of us, we just couldn't get enough of it.
laugh.gif

Originally posted by jamzan2:

Originally posted by LJ01:

Ah hell...that's freaky.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT