ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:
A few other things that irritate me.

The Empire had piss poor OPSEC. I mean, they let the architectural designs for the most secret battle station in the universe get stolen...twice. Then take the command cruiser. Obi Wan just turns off the tractor beam. No password needed, no PIN number...nothing. More on that later. And how the hell do Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, and R2 get on Endor in the first place? "It's an older code, Lord Vader, but it checks out".

Huh? An older code? But it still checks out? It's either the code or it isn't. And no radio call to the surface to say "Hey, y'all get that parts and technical crew that we let through 30 minutes ago?". Nice security.

Then there's the X-wing pilot that crashes his fighter into the bridge and takes out a command ship. That ship was probably 5 KM long or so. Couldn't find a spot in there to put a secondary helm? Nope. Crash into that thing and the whole thing drops like a rock. I could go on...

This post was edited on 6/19 8:16 PM by PBR_StreetGang
Dont forget this idiot.

I want to thank each and every poster on this thread. Thanks to threads like this, I am able to sit here in my cube, coding software, and feel like I am actually way cooler than a lot of folks out there...

Originally posted by Texasd24:
Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:

Originally posted by Brutalhorn:
There's potential and then there's performance. Obviously, Anakin had the potential; dude was spawned by The Force. Yoda probably gets the nod if you base it on performance. Luke and Obi-Wan probably vie for the overall title.
This is the general idea. But did Anakin really have all that potential? Maybe if he started his training earlier. But they said he was too old. So clearly, his ceiling was lower than it could have been.

Is it based on midi count? At what point do you start getting diminishing returns from your midi level. There's a reason the scale only goes up to 20,000. At some point it stops mattering. Midi count isn't everything. I think that over a certain point, you can be a Jedi, but you still have to work hard on your Jedi skills. Things like having a 100-foot vertical and moving shit around with your mind aren't just there. You have to train, and Anakin didn't work as hard as he should have. He was too sensitive, and didn't take criticism well from his superiors, and that's why he was never that great.

And was his midi count really that high? Those rapid midi tests are just a screening. You have to follow up with studies that have a higher specificity. What if the specimen was hemolyzed?

By the way, the whole midi thing is gay. Another massive failure by George Lucas, who is a turd.
Even with the late start to Jedi training Anakin had a higher ceiling than any other Jedi. He just got overconfident which lead to his epic fail battle with Obiwan. If he had stayed with the Jedi or not gotten jacked so bad Obiwan he would have been the best ever. Once the machines were added all of his athleticism was gone. He never allowed himself to reach his full potential.

As for the Midi count. It is a major factor. Obiwan even said that no jedi, not even Yoda, had a midi count that high. Wouldnt have said it if it wasnt relevant to Anakin's potential to be a BAMF. And the sample was reliable. The hand held module was only a transmition device to the large CPU on Padme's Nubian cruiser.
When they got his midi count, the next question was "what does it mean?" And Quigon didn't know. It didn't clearly mean that he was going to be the biggest badass ever though. And the Jedi council certainly didn't feel like he was an indispensable part of the future of the Jedi order.

"chosen one" doesn't necessarily mean "best ever"

And him being the chosen one is just retarded anyway.

I thought it turned out that Luke was actually the "chosen one" and brought balance back to the force??

His midi count was 27k allegedly. About 10 k more than tosa. I find it odd that Luke and leias count added up to his pretty much. Books hinted that analon was already a better pilot then obi. And I'm pretty sure he was in pace to be in the class of mace and dooku

Originally posted by andrewsrp:
I thought it turned out that Luke was actually the "chosen one" and brought balance back to the force??
Common mistake. Luke didnt kill the emperor and bring balance to the force, Anakin/Vader did.

Yea, but if you were going to have the #1 pick in the WNJL draft, would you take Luke #1? Let's say he's the equivalent of Jordan. Who's going #2? Obi-Wan, if I had to pick but I need a rebounder and Anakin/Darth had some height on him.

Would Leia be a lottery pick? She was #11 on the Jedi Order of Skills, after the pre-draft camp.

You see, the thing everyone is forgetting here is that the Clones were actually accelerated copies of the greatest Mandalorian of the age. Don't forget the Mandalorians kicked Jedi and Sith butt in TOR for centuries.

Some copies are good, some not so good. That's why Storm Troopers are really better compared to the fat POS Aryan crackers in the Justice series while Jingo and Boba are the Marshall. Get it? ;)

And the accelerated life meant troopers died young... that's why the Empire opened up the ranks to Coruscants' Aggie counterparts. Hence the poor aim...

Originally posted by Buzzard Lips:
You see, the thing everyone is forgetting here is that the Clones were actually accelerated copies of the greatest Mandalorian of the age. Don't forget the Mandalorians kicked Jedi and Sith butt in TOR for centuries.

Some copies are good, some not so good. That's why Storm Troopers are really better compared to the fat POS Aryan crackers in the Justice series while Jingo and Boba are the Marshall. Get it? ;)

And the accelerated life meant troopers died young... that's why the Empire opened up the ranks to Coruscants' Aggie counterparts. Hence the poor aim...
I don't know what you did there, but I still like it!

Originally posted by Buzzard Lips:

Great point, copies are never as good as the original. They probably got progressively worse too as they had to make copies of copies once Jango lost his head. Poor copies and and inbreeders dont make up the optimal fighting force. There are a lot of them but they cant shoot for sh**.

Originally posted by clogue33:
Yea, but if you were going to have the #1 pick in the WNJL draft, would you take Luke #1? Let's say he's the equivalent of Jordan. Who's going #2? Obi-Wan, if I had to pick but I need a rebounder and Anakin/Darth had some height on him.

Would Leia be a lottery pick? She was #11 on the Jedi Order of Skills, after the pre-draft camp.
Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

Originally posted by GDforHC:

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.
Drafting Yoda over Luke is like drafting Sam Bowie over Jordan imo.

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

How is Anakin #1 when Obi-Wan posterized him like Jordan on Patrick Ewing?

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

I thought Pippen did that. Am I remembering wrong?

Originally posted by BigTFactor:

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

Anakin was more Marcus Dupree. Propbably the most talented but never got to realize his full potential.

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

Anakin was more Marcus Dupree. Propbably the most talented but never got to realize his full potential.

The double reverse move on the baseline where he skied over Ewing, dunked, then stared him down.

Ewing is the General Ackbar of the WNJL.

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

Going off potential right?

Anakin 1, Yoda 2.

The double reverse move on the baseline where he skied over Ewing, dunked, then stared him down.

Ewing is the General Ackbar of the WNJL.
Ackbar won, Ewing never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT