ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Brett Yormark- Please come to the courtesy phone

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Anybody else think Brett will be nursing a 2 bottle Whistlepig Rye hangover tomorrow?

It's been a BAD day for future Big 12 teams not named Colorado and current Big 12 teams not named Kansas State.
Tech loses to Wyoming. Cougar High slips past UTSA. BYU is up 7-0 on Sam Houston state... at the start of the 4th freaking quarter. Baylor gets TROUNCED by Southwest Texas State. Okie lite squeaks by Central Arkansas (I didn't even know they had a team). And Texas and OU are bailing for greener pastures.

Oh and btw-- for all the doubters- right now Deion Sanders son is the Heisman Trophy front runner- who just caved in the head of the NCAA football runner up from last year-- with his dick.

The Heisman front runner plays for Colorado but it’s Hunter. Dude played 160 snaps in 90 degree heat, at two different position and played both of them at an elite level. He does that all year he wins the Heisman.

But yeah I saw nothing yesterday to suggest Texas won’t win 10-11 games and won’t be in the title game. Yourmark probably needs to pick a new horse because tech ain’t it.

Fwiw, UCA is no slouch. Got my Masters there, and grew up near the vicinity. They dominated D2 until they moved to D1 (around 2010 I think?).

Anyway, I wouldn’t have been surprised if the Bears beat okie lite.

Hey the new schools all won yesterday. It's way too early but one of them could be in the title game. UCF and Cincy have played in elite bowls within the last 10 years the bearcats made the playoffs a couple of years ago. Just sayin

Oh and the schools that will be in the Big XII next year all won yesterday.

Hey the new schools all won yesterday. It's way too early but one of them could be in the title game. UCF and Cincy have played in elite bowls within the last 10 years the bearcats made the playoffs a couple of years ago. Just sayin

Oh and the schools that will be in the Big XII next year all won yesterday.
Houston won by the skin of their teeth. BYU won by the skin of their teeth.

I’d be interested to know your take Clob. Who was the bigger jackass? Herman or Mackoprick?

“Victories are hard to come by against the likes of UTSA, SHSU and Texas State”……said no one ever.
No UTSA has a representative fb team now. We played them last year and played well enough not to embarrass themselves. They've also been to bowl games the last 2 years and just missed out on the top 25 a couple of years. Doesn't sound bad to me.

I’d be interested to know your take Clob. Who was the bigger jackass? Herman or Mackoprick?
Herman was a goofball tool who loved Cocaine and thought he was cooler than he actually was. He was a giant man baby that, from time to time, had moments of likeability.
John Mackoprick was an arrogant, self serving, self absorbed, holier than thou, egotistical, pompous, imperious, contemptuous, spiteful, condescending, scruffy looking nerf herder.

When your college team boycotts you and quits on you (Arizona) and your pro-team forces you out after taking them to the playoffs and ownership has given you a two year extension (Kansas City)---- it's because you're a fvcking asshole.

Want to know how he got he job at Texas?
2 reasons.
Jeff George.
Tom Landry.

Mackovic convinced the big cigars that he MADE Jeff George a 1st round draft pick.

Mackovic coached for a year or two as an assistant to the Cowboys and QB coach. Mackovic waxed poetically about all he'd learned from the Longhorn Legend and of course because Tom Landry was a Longhorn GOD to many of the big cigars, Mackovic was able to woo them with his stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Just saw this. Texas Texh has Oregon next week… looking at 0-2 for Yourmark’s boys.

Well it’s obvious we’re not going to get a straight answer about Mackoprick from Clob. His affection for him is clouding his judgement. But what can you expect. I heard Mackoprick was and has remained pretty much a mentor for Clob. Some say almost a father figure.

I had a lot of respect for Brett Yormark. When TX and OK announced they were leaving he sprung into action. He renegotiated a new tv contact made some good choices to ensure the Big XII's survival. And with the collapse of the Pac XII and an expanded playoff the Big XII has a chance.

But before the season he goes to Lubbock and let's TT know he's on their side when they play TX. Now we know that he called Sarkisian the day before and let him know what he was going to say. He joked that Yormark won't be having Thanksgiving dinner with his team the night before the game.

I've lost respect for the man.

Well it’s obvious we’re not going to get a straight answer about Mackoprick from Clob. His affection for him is clouding his judgement. But what can you expect. I heard Mackoprick was and has remained pretty much a mentor for Clob. Some say almost a father figure.
some say he is/going to be the best man at his wedding...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT