ADVERTISEMENT

Pre season camp

Does it really matter if Arch redshirts or not this year, chances are he's gone in 3 years regardless.
Yes it matters I think , and idk. Mannings are about tradition. I don't see arch doing the leae
As great as that sounds, that Arch is doing better than expected, it's also disappointing to hear that Maalik is the probable 3rd string. Hes been patient and waiting his turn, I was always excited to watch him play. Chances are he will transfer.
Maalik..if he is smart will stay with Sark. He wont develop better than he could with Sark or not. But yes , he will probably transfer either Next year or the next.

Who knows. Ewers could come back 1 more year. Nobody knows anything yet...

fk the future..IM READY FOR 2023!!

Yes it matters I think , and idk. Mannings are about tradition. I don't see arch doing the leae

Maalik..if he is smart will stay with Sark. He wont develop better than he could with Sark or not. But yes , he will probably transfer either Next year or the next.

Who knows. Ewers could come back 1 more year. Nobody knows anything yet...

fk the future..IM READY FOR 2023!!
Mac Jones is a great example of a guy sticking around for a few years and finally getting his chance. Then he went on to be a first round pick off just 1 season as starter. Matt Cassell was the same way.

And as far as Manning, if he’s got a chance to get in there as a freshman in the case of an injury, redshirt be damned, he’s gonna play. Peyton was forced in the first game as a true freshman because of injuries and never gave the job back up. So I’m really sure what you mean by traditions.

Mac Jones is a great example of a guy sticking around for a few years and finally getting his chance. Then he went on to be a first round pick off just 1 season as starter. Matt Cassell was the same way.

And as far as Manning, if he’s got a chance to get in there as a freshman in the case of an injury, redshirt be damned, he’s gonna play. Peyton was forced in the first game as a true freshman because of injuries and never gave the job back up. So I’m really sure what you mean by traditions.
the tradition was in the i dont think he leaves early for the NFL. The gone in 3 years regardless post. Do i think he will redshirt this year..idk. Do i think he should? yes. Get your body in college form so the first big hit you take you're not injured for a year.

the tradition was in the i dont think he leaves early for the NFL. The gone in 3 years regardless post. Do i think he will redshirt this year..idk. Do i think he should? yes. Get your body in college form so the first big hit you take you're not injured for a year.
You can still play four years without redshirting. The only reason to redshirt is to get a fifth year. If Arch or any other five star stays in college for five years we can pretty much say he was a bust or had bad luck with injuries.

Still think Arch needs to redshirt.
There really is no such thing as “red shirting” anymore in the true sense. If you don’t play in 4 games you maintain that year. So he can be the #2 and still “redshirt”. With that said though it doesn’t really matter. He’s looking to jump to the league in 3-4 years

There really is no such thing as “red shirting” anymore in the true sense. If you don’t play in 4 games you maintain that year. So he can be the #2 and still “redshirt”. With that said though it doesn’t really matter. He’s looking to jump to the league in 3-4 years
i dont think so because you want your #2 with reps and can go in at any moment and play all scrub minutes in a game. Example 2009. If Arch is that LEGIT number 2 this year, you dont redshirt. He plays as many minutes as he can to get experience incase Quinn goes down again.

So what happens if Texas goes 9-4 this year, Not Quinns falt and Quinn decides to come back 1 more year?

As great as that sounds, that Arch is doing better than expected, it's also disappointing to hear that Maalik is the probable 3rd string. Hes been patient and waiting his turn, I was always excited to watch him play. Chances are he will transfer.
I would be a little cautious in the QB battle reporting for now. Anybody doing reporting of camp may be seeing what they want to see. I am sticking to what I saw in the spring game until more proof.

I would be a little cautious in the QB battle reporting for now. Anybody doing reporting of camp may be seeing what they want to see. I am sticking to what I saw in the spring game until more proof.
Everything i've heard has came from Sark's mouth. That's why I trust it.

Spring game is hard to judge because some of those guys playing will never see the field that were on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
Everything i've heard has came from Sark's mouth. That's why I trust it.

Spring game is hard to judge because some of those guys playing will never see the field that were on defense.
That is a good sign for Arch. I was only referring to non-team people that attend practice and report what they saw.

So what happens if Texas goes 9-4 this year, Not Quinns falt and Quinn decides to come back 1 more year?
If Quinn has a good season and the Texas team isn’t great he’s still probably a first or 2nd round pick and leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT