ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thread 2016

Love it. Gotta wonder if this DT going early will make any other DT sleep on his decision tonight.

I like Elliott And DCG so much out of these DTs. Southall can be a DT and DE in the 3 DL sets. Daniels to me is a physical body that needs coaching to harness it, he gets blown off the ball a lot by smaller guys. Maybe a RS if the staff can't get him to change that right away. Wilbon could move to OL, but we have a haul there too.

Reactions: CAHorn47
DAMIT!!!!

I just heard from a reliable source that DCG is NOT SEC GOOD.

That really pisses me off, Now we are stuck with a guy with elite first step but passed on by Chief.

He is from Waco. You only have one hometown. And Briles has a pretty decent track record with keeping locals home and developing them into all conference status (see Ahmad Dixon and Andrew Billings).

Viles' track record has nothing to do with this one. Baylor was obviously not his choice. You can bet when it's Texas playing for a national championship in a couple years, it will be on his mind that he could've been a part of that. Poor guy. Really feel sorry for him having to settle for Baylor. He obviously wanted out of that crappy hometown.

Fun rivals front page article that mentions us buzzing up the boards.

https://n.rivals.com/news/signing-day-storylines-2

And a blurb on top guys decommitting on signing day and flipping
This is a big one for many reasons but I wouldn't be shocked if LSU five-star linebacker commit Erick Fowler flips to Texas. It would keep a five-star in-state and it would give coach Charlie Strong a talented linebacker/defensive end hybrid who could immediately play for the Longhorns. I would not be surprised at all if four-star WR Tyrie Cleveland flips as well but I'm going with Fowler as the highest-rated possibility. – Gorney

Cleveland by the way is rumored to be afraid Tom Herman will be gone soon and he is interested in Florida and Arky and TCU.

So that's Humphrey, Cuffee , Porter, and now Giles in the last what? 5 days?....that's got to plant the seed in these remaining guys heads that they need to get on board.
Mr. Jones, don't miss this!

This stuff is just for public consumption. These recruits are essentially in constant contact with each other.

No way i'll be going to sleep when I get off of work at 6am. I'll be staying up and jumping back an forth between LHN and ESPN watching the recruit train roll in. Can't wait to see the ESPN experts eating crow at the end of the day when Strong delivers a top recruiting class.

Reactions: Tex1862
Viles' track record has nothing to do with this one. Baylor was obviously not his choice. You can bet when it's Texas playing for a national championship in a couple years, it will be on his mind that he could've been a part of that. Poor guy. Really feel sorry for him having to settle for Baylor. He obviously wanted out of that crappy hometown.
And you know this because ....? This sounds like the Aggie mantra - a recruit couldn't possibly have chosen any place else but my school! I don't think he needs your sympathy. All BU has needed the last couple of years was a couple of defensive stops to get to the Final 4. He knows he may be the missing piece. Congratulations to Mr. Cobb and all the other recruits for each school - take advantage of the next 4 years!

And you know this because ....? This sounds like the Aggie mantra - a recruit couldn't possibly have chosen any place else but my school! I don't think he needs your sympathy. All BU has needed the last couple of years was a couple of defensive stops to get to the Final 4. He knows he may be the missing piece. Congratulations to Mr. Cobb and all the other recruits for each school - take advantage of the next 4 years!

Umm, it's well known he wanted to go to Texas. He settled for Baylor because of a dispute with his dad. He will regret it. He'll end up in the same position as you, watching Texas in the playoffs.

So to answer BU fans question from a few days ago where he thought we had no chance of passing them to be the top class in BigXII.

It wasn't just possible and talk from fans....IT HAS HAPPENED. Already, and we have a few more coming in.
I don't remember anyone questioning this, but congratulations - a great push at the end. But I can assure you no one is crying in Waco. Bring on September!

Umm, it's well known he wanted to go to Texas. He settled for Baylor because of a dispute with his dad. He will regret it. He'll end up in the same position as you, watching Texas in the playoffs.
Again, sounds very Aggie - "well known"; "settled". We'll see about the second part - "hope" is not a strategy, and our (that's right, I am a T-shirt fan) hope is that a coordinator who has never called a play can work miracles with 2 QB's who have shown no ability at all. Hopefully (that word again!) Kai has something so Buechele can redshirt or sit an learn for a couple. But on the defensive side - looking pretty strong.

Reactions: hornfaninbama
I don't remember anyone questioning this, but congratulations - a great push at the end. But I can assure you no one is crying in Waco. Bring on September!

Eh, some UT fan said in a thread a few days ago that UT could climb in to the top 10-15 in national recruiting and that it would be the top team in the BigXII. BU fan asked how do you figure and it is mathematically impossible to catch BU. A few UT people then talked about the #s we could get in.

No biggy. BU fan has usually be realistic and fair here. Well most of them at least.

We got lucky to win last year vs BU. Without a glut of QB injuries, you beat us easily. And you almost caught up to us running the wildcat after spotting us a decent lead.

Again, sounds very Aggie - "well known"; "settled". We'll see about the second part - "hope" is not a strategy, and our (that's right, I am a T-shirt fan) hope is that a coordinator who has never called a play can work miracles with 2 QB's who have shown no ability at all. Hopefully (that word again!) Kai has something so Buechele can redshirt or sit an learn for a couple. But on the defensive side - looking pretty strong.

Who said "hope"? I sure didn't. Now you sound aggy, clinging to any possible negative you can about Texas. Texas will be back on top and a true national power again. Baylor will never be a real contender, and Waco sucks. Those are facts, not opinion. You admit yourself the best Waco has to offer is a damn Dr Pepper float. Lol.

Anyway, if the NCAA has any balls at all, you'll have much more to worry about soon.

Who said "hope"? I sure didn't. Now you sound aggy, clinging to any possible negative you can about Texas. Texas will be back on top and a true national power again. Baylor will never be a real contender, and Waco sucks. Those are facts, not opinion. You admit yourself the best Waco has to offer is a damn Dr Pepper float. Lol.

Anyway, if the NCAA has any balls at all, you'll have much more to worry about soon.
I know it could happen, it happened to Penn St, but I don't see the NCAA doing anything about this. I could see the DOE getting involved (and possibly the DOJ) and that could definitely hurt the university. I just don't see the NCAA doing anything in regards to the way the university handles (or doesn't handle in this case) legal matters and policies. On the topic of Baylor, this is their best recruiting class ever (at least in the Big 12 era), coming off a really good season where two of the losses can be directly tied to playing a WR at QB and they still get beat in the recruiting game by a 5-7 Texas team who hasn't been good in the last 4-5 years. Baylor is in the middle of their best stretch in school history and they get beat by Texas in what could be considered one of the worse stretches in UT history. But all of that to say, winning the recruiting game does nothing if you don't develop those kids and win games on the field. UT can go undefeated in February every year, but until they start winning September - December all the recruits in the world don't mean anything.

Reactions: diadevic
I know it could happen, it happened to Penn St, but I don't see the NCAA doing anything about this. I could see the DOE getting involved (and possibly the DOJ) and that could definitely hurt the university. I just don't see the NCAA doing anything in regards to the way the university handles (or doesn't handle in this case) legal matters and policies. On the topic of Baylor, this is their best recruiting class ever (at least in the Big 12 era), coming off a really good season where two of the losses can be directly tied to playing a WR at QB and they still get beat in the recruiting game by a 5-7 Texas team who hasn't been good in the last 4-5 years. Baylor is in the middle of their best stretch in school history and they get beat by Texas in what could be considered one of the worse stretches in UT history. But all of that to say, winning the recruiting game does nothing if you don't develop those kids and win games on the field. UT can go undefeated in February every year, but until they start winning September - December all the recruits in the world don't mean anything.
Where did you come from? Every one of your posts in the last two weeks have been fair and on point!

I said hope - and the hope was not negative, it was a positive! Swoopes has nothing. Heard - at least there is a chance that he will improve with a year under his belt, but everything I've read on here is that he doesn't work hard enough. Without a QB, it will be a real struggle. Now we are down to Kai, who has never taken a snap, and a true frosh. Ugh. As far as your "facts" - BU did come within an eyelash of making the Final 4, and we will never know how last year would've turned out if we hadn't had the catastrophe at QB, so to say BU will "never be a contender" is a stretch. Congratulations on the recruiting class - can't wait to see Duvernay burning Jones for the next 4 years!

Awesome day boys! Supposed to be another surprise at 8pm. Maybe Irvin? Maybe a Coach? Maybe a 17 recruit? Who knows

Reactions: jsto60
I saw some snipitts about Irvin being told he would have to Greyshirt at bama......I have no way of knowing if this is anywhere near accurate. If it is, there might be a bit of smoke about Irvin....who knows?...recruiting is a strange business

but why is the most active poster on our recruiting board a baylor guy?

But all of that to say, winning the recruiting game does nothing if you don't develop those kids and win games on the field. UT can go undefeated in February every year, but until they start winning September - December all the recruits in the world

I agree with the winning part.....but this coaching staff has quite a good record about developing players. How do you think they got all those recruits anyway?

I said hope - and the hope was not negative, it was a positive! Swoopes has nothing. Heard - at least there is a chance that he will improve with a year under his belt, but everything I've read on here is that he doesn't work hard enough. Without a QB, it will be a real struggle. Now we are down to Kai, who has never taken a snap, and a true frosh. Ugh. As far as your "facts" - BU did come within an eyelash of making the Final 4, and we will never know how last year would've turned out if we hadn't had the catastrophe at QB, so to say BU will "never be a contender" is a stretch. Congratulations on the recruiting class - can't wait to see Duvernay burning Jones for the next 4 years!

yeah...yeah....we all know very well how to play that "what if game" about QB's going down.....I agree that we both got a shitty deal in that regard, but if you think you are on your way to a 4 year cakewalk on us and you cant wait.....I say if you are waiting on that you are either gonna starve or freeze.

I wish we would have been able to flip Hudson, great player and a good person. He followed his heart with his decision, and theres not one damn thing wrong with that. I wish him the best of luck on a great career. Just be sure you walk your little sister around campus, and don't let her hang out with teammates. You never know.

I wish we would have been able to flip Hudson, great player and a good person. He followed his heart with his decision, and theres not one damn thing wrong with that. I wish him the best of luck on a great career. Just be sure you walk your little sister around campus, and don't let her hang out with teammates. You never know.

That might be why he ended up sticking with Baylor. To make sure his sister doesnt get raped.

Word is when Texas was unable to get his twin sister qualified to attend Texas that end that.

Where did you come from? Every one of your posts in the last two weeks have been fair and on point!
Just living the dream on a D2 message board. Not being an alum, but having some connections to the program gives me a little bit of perspective and allows me to take off the orange tinted glasses (although briefly) Can't wait to see this team and what they will look like this spring and in the fall. By that time, I may have more of a vested interest in the program.

A. The never called plays is an aggy meme.
B. He'll have 5 scholarship QBs to work with to find who can run his system not 2. BTW- Buechele's HS runs the new offense.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Just living the dream on a D2 message board. Not being an alum, but having some connections to the program gives me a little bit of perspective and allows me to take off the orange tinted glasses (although briefly) Can't wait to see this team and what they will look like this spring and in the fall. By that time, I may have more of a vested interest in the program.

Which new recruit are you related to?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT