ADVERTISEMENT

Reminder: Moment of silence at noon today in honor of LONGHORNREALTOR

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
We've never done anything like this before so hopefully it goes off without any hitches ...

Please help up as at noon CST as we honor LONGHORNREALTOR (Jeff Dillard) with a five-minute moment of silence. The board will be closed for a few minutes so no new posts can be made.

We may not be able to shut down the mobile/app, so please work with us in observing the moment of silence starting at noon to try to ensure that we can honor our friend and a beloved OB member.

This post was edited on 1/2 11:14 AM by Suchomel

Re: Reminder: A moment of silence at today in honor of LONGHORNREALTOR

Great show of support and respect for such a great Longhorn. Unfortunately, I never met Jeff but always enjoyed his contributions to this board and also his time and commitment to the Longhorn community in so many ways. Rest in peace.

Good job guys- will comply

Will be a nice honor.

Everytime I called Jeff he answered. Everytime he was a joker and very happy. I'll miss that dude. I have him a set of Longhorn BBQ utensils years ago and he was very greatful. He made me feel good. RIP my friend.

i-XwkBbQD-X2.jpg

Thanks HE....great pic

Can someone summarize the story of his untimely passing. Thx.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Hornius Emeritus:
ec
Great pic.

Breaks my heart to see that but I'm glad you posted it.

Re: Reminder: Moment of silence at noon today in honor of LONGHORNREA

I already miss you brother.

Class move for a classy OB member who will be missed by anyone who knew him.

You know I was thinking the other day, and maybe it's excessive or a little corny although I don't think so, but what if we could honor LHRs handle permanently in some way? Maybe like on the 40 acres homepage above where it says who's signed on, you could just put Jeff's handle alone by itself as if he's always logged in. Again, this gesture is awesome in and of itself I was just thinking about that the other day.

Originally posted by bmccorm2:
You know I was thinking the other day, and maybe it's excessive or a little corny although I don't think so, but what if we could honor LHRs handle permanently in some way? Maybe like on the 40 acres homepage above where it says who's signed on, you could just put Jeff's handle alone by itself as if he's always logged in. Again, this gesture is awesome in and of itself I was just thinking about that the other day.
Love the idea but not sure that's possible.

I don't have the right words, except that he was awesome. One of the best humans I've known.

Re: Reminder: Moment of silence at noon today in honor of LONGHORNREA

Ready and will actually spend the time in prayer for Linda and his family.

Then, going to treat my family to some BBQ in his honor for lunch.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Suchomel:
Can Rivals "retire" the handle. Not too unique to possibly come back into circulation one day.

Originally posted by sotexhorn:

Originally posted by Suchomel:
Can Rivals "retire" the handle. Not too unique to possibly come back into circulation one day.
I don't think it can be reused.

Originally posted by dr_drums:
Everytime I called Jeff he answered. Everytime he was a joker and very happy. I'll miss that dude. I have him a set of Longhorn BBQ utensils years ago and he was very greatful. He made me feel good. RIP my friend.
He always answered his phone and was there to help! RIP Jeff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT