ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals 100 and SEC Recruiting

Mack going to RS? He isn't on the latest 2 deep that I have seen which was updated on 8/18.

Absolutely not. Insiders are saying he's been one of the top 2 DTs in camp and speculation is Sumlin has been hiding him from the media during media access to practice. Is it all legit? who really knows, Sumlin is very (to much IMO) secretive with practice and camp reports.

Absolutely not. Insiders are saying he's been one of the top 2 DTs in camp and speculation is Sumlin has been hiding him from the media during media access to practice. Is it all legit? who really knows, Sumlin is very (to much IMO) secretive with practice and camp reports.
Drop the offical game one 2 deep on here when you get it.

First we do clearly disagree. Second, enough with the name calling, just disagree and move on. You can project all high school kids, its called scouting and if you know what you are looking at you can see exactly what I am describing, I have no idea why you are taking it so personally.

Well Pooch, then either way it's a win for Texas.

If he does pan out then it proves that our staff has an eye for talent. If he doesn't then it cost us nothing as he never even took up a scholarship and he did help us bring in other guys that formed the Florida 5.

And if all we kept from the Florida 5 is Burt, Davis and Devo then I'm pretty damn happy as they were the cream of that crop.

You will never hear me cry about losing that DT, he never would have made it at Texas if he can't pass a high school class.

Cherry is a different story, there are lots of guys in college and the NFL that have less athleticism than Cherry has. What they lack in size strength and speed they make up for by being good football players.
I bet you would have said the same thing about Zach Thomas or Brett Hagar. You must have been pissed with Aggsy signed Dat Ngyn

Maybe Sumlin was drunk when he filled out the 2 deep for game 1..........I'm sure it wasn't the first time nor the last.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
Your starters at CB and LB are mediocre. It's not just depth on D for you.

I don't think our starters at LB are that bad. I am worried about our CBs though. Our DL needs a great pass rush to help our secondary. I think our safeties will be above average to help a bit as well. LB problem is that after our starters it does get really thin.

I don't think our starters at LB are that bad. I am worried about our CBs though. Our DL needs a great pass rush to help our secondary. I think our safeties will be above average to help a bit as well. LB problem is that after our starters it does get really thin.
....and the starters have had a difficult time staying healthy.

I don't think our starters at LB are that bad. I am worried about our CBs though.
No, your starting LBs aren't "bad". I said they were mediocre. They're JAGs. Same with your CBs. The 2nd teamers are bad. If you have injuries at either spot, you're toast.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
Maybe Sumlin was drunk when he filled out the 2 deep for game 1..........I'm sure it wasn't the first time nor the last.
I like when DJ Vodka drunk tweeted this weekend (he tried to make it a private message but was unable) about Sarkisian being a drunk. :D

No, your starting LBs aren't "bad". I said they were mediocre. They're JAGs. Same with your CBs. The 2nd teamers are bad. If you have injuries at either spot, you're toast.
I think Walker, Washington and Alaka more then JAGs, they are young talnet that is still developing. Alaka has the potential to be big time if he can stay healthy IMO. I really like Hilliard but I don't know if he will ever stay healthy. This year will tell a lot about the first 3 I mentioned.

You need to take a better look at the offense from last year, route concepts and basic play calling. It was not air raid. All spread isn't the air raid.

I coached 5 and 6A football for 6 years on the defensive side of the ball (OLBs and DBs). I know a lot about football. I worked out of a 4/3 cover 2 scheme and a modified 50 scheme that looked more like a 4/3 with a hybrid end that played like a will backer. I worked with with some guys who coached with Sam Harrell. They used some of the Tech passing concepts and I hated it because I had to put in a safety type kid at the will backer spot and move him out of the box to help in coverage. Trust me I know what I am talking about the basic scheme is Air Raid. Its not exaclty how Leach runs it but its much closer than what Briles and Holgerson run.

Reactions: Zonereadplz
Come on aggsy

You guys used to have a hell of a tradition of linebackers back when RC was your DC and head coach.

You can't believe that what you have at linebacker is good. Alaka is a keeper, but if he were at Texas he would not be starting. None of your backers would start at Texas And that is saying something with what we lost last year.

Even your dline is suspect, Your DE Garrett is a total badass and would kick any DE we have at Texas, he is a game changer. Hall is very good but we have two DE that are better, still he is going to be really good if he continues to develop.

Don't get me started on your DTs versus what Texas has, it's not close.

Now as I'm typing this I'm looking at your depth chart and wondering how you aggsy think your going to get better on defense. There just isn't a lot of talent.

If you do improve like you think you will, then I will admit that Chief is the greatest DC ever, because it's going to take a miracle worker to get that defense to the top 50.

I coached 5 and 6A football for 6 years on the defensive side of the ball (OLBs and DBs). I know a lot about football. I worked out of a 4/3 cover 2 scheme and a modified 50 scheme that looked more like a 4/3 with a hybrid end that played like a will backer. I worked with with some guys who coached with Sam Harrell. They used some of the Tech passing concepts and I hated it because I had to put in a safety type kid at the will backer spot and move him out of the box to help in coverage. Trust me I know what I am talking about the basic scheme is Air Raid. Its not exaclty how Leach runs it but its much closer than what Briles and Holgerson run.

Its closer to Holgerson then either. Sumlin has adapted to each OC whether it be Kliff or Hogorson at UH or Kliff or Spav (Holgorson disciple) at A&M. We were barely even up tempo last year which I thought hurt our offensive production some.

Come on aggsy

You guys used to have a hell of a tradition of linebackers back when RC was your DC and head coach.

You can't believe that what you have at linebacker is good. Alaka is a keeper, but if he were at Texas he would not be starting. None of your backers would start at Texas And that is saying something with what we lost last year.

Even your dline is suspect, Your DE Garrett is a total badass and would kick any DE we have at Texas, he is a game changer. Hall is very good but we have two DE that are better, still he is going to be really good if he continues to develop.

Don't get me started on your DTs versus what Texas has, it's not close.

Now as I'm typing this I'm looking at your depth chart and wondering how you aggsy think your going to get better on defense. There just isn't a lot of talent.

If you do improve like you think you will, then I will admit that Chief is the greatest DC ever, because it's going to take a miracle worker to get that defense to the top 50.

To avoid getting into a pissing match im just going to say I completely disagree with your assessment regarding our linebackers and especially the dts.

To avoid getting into a pissing match im just going to say I completely disagree with your assessment regarding our linebackers and especially the dts.

Without the pissing contest, tell me why.

Ridgeway and Jackson are legit NFL prospects with Ridgeway a borderline 1st round pick. Tank is a guy that if he stays healthy he is going to be a beast like he was before the injury. So no, I stand by what I said about our DTs vs. yours.

Without the pissing contest, tell me why.

Ridgeway and Jackson are legit NFL prospects with Ridgeway a borderline 1st round pick. Tank is a guy that if he stays healthy he is going to be a beast like he was before the injury. So no, I stand by what I said about our DTs vs. yours.

You guys are just way higher on Ridgeway then I am, I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong he has talent and potential for what you described but he hasn't come close that in reality. The majority of his production came against North texas and Kansas state other then those 2 games he really didn't produce and that was getting to play beside Brown who was eating up double teams. I like Ridgeway, I'd love to have Ridgeway I just don't think he's the player you are describing yet. I don't see an NFL player at all in Jackson especially now coming off a season ending surgery. Those are just my thoughts, I understand my side is speculation as well I also believe that our new one gap attacking scheme is going to be a very big benefit to our dlinemen as our guys didn't fit the 2 gap scheme Snyder was running. We are more suited for getting up field.

We are high on Ridgeway but your safeties are elite. I'm crying in laughter.

There is speculation with everything I have said, it is based on my own research, my knowledge of our players and practice reports and any other data I could get my hands on. I researched Chavis, his schemes and how he used personel within his schemes. My opinion is informed but still speculation. Can you deny my claim regarding Ridgeway's production so far through his career? Im not trying to be sh!tty or dog him as a player, he definitely has talent and potential. If that vertebrae issue is legit that could be a huge red flag.

There is speculation with everything I have said, it is based on my own research, my knowledge of our players and practice reports and any other data I could get my hands on. I researched Chavis, his schemes and how he used personel within his schemes. My opinion is informed but still speculation. Can you deny my claim regarding Ridgeway's production so far through his career? Im not trying to be sh!tty or dog him as a player, he definitely has talent and potential. If that vertebrae issue is legit that could be a huge red flag.

I think you are just an aggy is the problem. Trying to argue with someone as delusional as you is simply a waste of time.

Aggys are this into football and have never won anything? Interesting.....

SOPHOMORE (2014)
Played in 13 games at defensive tackle and on special teams, including starts in the last 10 ... second on the team in sacks (6.0) and fourth in tackles for loss (11) ... ranked tied for 11th (second among DTs) in the Big 12 in sacks (0.46 per game) ... had four tackles, including a career-high two sacks, against North Texas ... shared the team’s defensive player of the game award with Jordan Hicks ... recorded three tackles, including a sack, and one QB pressure against UCLA ... posted a career-high seven tackles, including one for a loss, in his first careeer start against the Jayhawks ... took over as a starter for injured Desmond Jackson in that game ... recorded one tackle against Baylor ... had five tackles against Oklahoma ... posted four tackles, including a sack, and one QB pressure against Iowa State ... made four tackles, including a career-high three for a loss (one sack), against Kansas State ... recorded two tackles, including one for a loss, against Texas Tech ... made three stops against West Virginia .. had two tackles, including a sack, against Oklahoma State ... recorded two stops against TCU ... made four tackles, including one for a loss, against Arkansas in the Texas Bowl.

Whats funny is I could tear MG down with his best stuff coming against...Non Conference cup cakes! He only had 3 sacks in SEC play. After all, he is considered a Demigod in Aggyland.

Last edited:
You absolutely could but everyone knows what Garrett is and is going to be. He is an absolute freak and recognized as such nationally. True freshmen get a pass when they put up numbers like that. Ridgeway was a RS sophomore playing next to one of the best DTs in college football last year, its something to consider. He may have a monster year this year, he has the potential to do so.

Hey......gotta pad some stats with that SEC west schedule.......so I hear Odessa jr college is looking for a game to schedule

You absolutely could but everyone knows what Garrett is and is going to be. He is an absolute freak and recognized as such nationally. True freshmen get a pass when they put up numbers like that. Ridgeway was a RS sophomore playing next to one of the best DTs in college football last year, its something to consider. He may have a monster year this year, he has the potential to do so.
Sounds like nothing more than projection until it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT