ADVERTISEMENT

Season Predicitions

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
With the season being a little over 2 weeks away figured its prediction time!

Give me your

Record prediction
Offensive MVP prediction
Defensive MVP prediction
Freshman Of The Year prediction

Record: 10-2
O MVP: Ewers (assume he stays healthy)
D MVP: Collins (assume his GAS kicks up)
FOTY: Hill (expecting immediate impact)

Reactions: hookem777
Ive already gone full in on this Team I think this is our year..FIANALLY.

Im Taking Texas 11-1 (Losing to someone other than bama) and winning the big 12 getting the 4th spot in the playoffs
Offensive mvp- Ewers with a trip to New York
Defensive mvp- Ford
Freshman of the year- I got 3 Burke, Hill, Cook

Hookem

Record: 11-1. Should run the table but I’m guessing we drop 1 we shouldn’t.
Of MVP - Ewers (Dark Horse - Brooks)
Def MVP - Ford (Surprise Candidate - Catalon)
FOY - Hill but Cook could push him for the title.

Record: 10-4. Sneak in and win the Big 12 title. Sark finally gets a 10 win season. We get blasted in the Sugar Bowl because Ewers, Whitt, X, AD, Sanders, Cat, Ford, Collins, etc. all sit out of the bowl game.
OMVP - Ewers
DMVP - Ford
FrOY - Baxter

Record: 10-4. Sneak in and win the Big 12 title. Sark finally gets a 10 win season. We get blasted in the Sugar Bowl because Ewers, Whitt, X, AD, Sanders, Cat, Ford, Collins, etc. all sit out of the bowl game.
OMVP - Ewers
DMVP - Ford
FrOY - Baxter
Ewers drops 4k through the air this year then you can kiss him goodbye.

But to do that, he'll have to do 2 things.

1. Have a 70+ % completion rate.

2. Have more than 8 yards per attempt average.

These two things are important. Keep your eyes on these 2 stat lines.

Ewers drops 4k through the air this year then you can kiss him goodbye.

But to do that, he'll have to do 2 things.

1. Have a 70+ % completion rate.

2. Have more than 8 yards per attempt average.

These two things are important. Keep your eyes on these 2 stat lines.

That is like 25 completions per game and 300 yards per for 13 games. If Ewers does that I redact my prediction and say we make the playoff and adjust my record to 12-2...losing the Semi-final.

Needless to say, I'll take it.

That is like 25 completions per game and 300 yards per for 13 games. If Ewers does that I redact my prediction and say we make the playoff and adjust my record to 12-2...losing the Semi-final.

Needless to say, I'll take it.
Warning!
Incoming stat nerd post.

Go back and look at the 1st round QBs taken over the last decade and the QBs that made it to the CFB playoffs.

All of them (except one) have something in common.
Obviously they all threw for a ton of yards, a ton of touchdowns, and managed to not turn the ball over a ridiculous amount. But their completion percentages and yards per attempt stick out. Somewhere north of 70% completion-- and somewhere over 8.5 or 9 yards per attempt------ not per completion, mind you-- but per attempt.

This means if you're slinging it 35 times a game and completing 70% of them, that's 24.5 caught passes. If you're averaging 9 yards every attempt, then you're averaging 12.85 yards per completion. That's a 1st down every time you catch the ball (average). It's REALLY hard to stop an offense that does that.

If Ewers does these things and stays healthy, he'll play in a minimum of 13 games.

He will have 455 attempts
318.5 completions
Average 315 yards per game
And throw for4,095 yards.

Then yes, he'll go pro.

We won't have a 1000+ yd rusher, but as a group the numbers will be impressive. Thanks to the aerial game.🤘

All about those YPC.

We will have roughly 35-40 rushes per game I think. Brooks, Baxter and Blue (can we steal the Astros Killer B's moniker?) will take the bulk of those carries. I'd say 28-32 of them. So it is roughly 10 carries per game, per dude. However, hot hand will prevail.

I predict the following (including bowl game)

Brooks - 170 approx carries
Baxter - 130 approx carries
Blue - 90 approx carries

Brooks - 800 yards approx
Baxter - 575 yards approx
Blue - 430 yards approx

I don't think any of them get above 5 yards per carry, but I also think they'll all be above 4 yards per carry.

If the passing game is what we think it could and should be then those YPC will go up.

Great question and post.

I have my doubts about Sark, but I'll say he has good fortune this year.
11-3 (Big 12 champion)
Jonathon Brooks (if Sark will give him a chance)
Ford
Hill

Warning!
Incoming stat nerd post.

Go back and look at the 1st round QBs taken over the last decade and the QBs that made it to the CFB playoffs.

Obviously they all threw for a ton of yards, a ton of touchdowns, and managed to not turn the ball over a ridiculous amount. But their completion percentages and yards per attempt stick out. Somewhere north of 70% completion-- and somewhere over 8.5 or 9 yards per attempt------ not per completion, mind you-- but per attempt.

This means if you're slinging it 35 times a game and completing 70% of them, that's 24.5 caught passes. If you're averaging 9 yards every attempt, then you're averaging 12.85 yards per completion. That's a 1st down every time you catch the ball (average). It's REALLY hard to stop an offense that does that.

If Ewers does these things and stays healthy, he'll play in a minimum of 13 games.

318.5 completions

Then yes, he'll go pro.
Josh Allen and Anthony Richardson both got drafted after completing less than 60% of their passes in college. In today's game NFL scouts are looking more at potential versus actual production in college. Josh Rosen was another guy that was selected recently in the first round and only completed 60% of his passes in college. Hell Jake Locker only completed 54% of his passes and was a top 10 pick. If Ewers comes out and has a decent season he's a first round pick on his arm talent alone. There's other examples just from the last 13 years.

Ive already gone full in on this Team I think this is our year..FIANALLY.

Im Taking Texas 11-1 (Losing to someone other than bama) and winning the big 12 getting the 4th spot in the playoffs
Offensive mvp- Ewers with a trip to New York
Defensive mvp- Ford
Freshman of the year- I got 3 Burke, Hill, Cook

Hookem
I think Texas loses to OU and then a game or 2 they shouldn’t lose on paper.OU wins the Big 12 CCG AS WE SASHAY OUT THE DOOR

I think Texas loses to OU and then a game or 2 they shouldn’t lose on paper.OU wins the Big 12 CCG AS WE SASHAY OUT THE DOOR
With a two game losing streak to Baylor for eternity.

Hey - I thought I was reading on this board that the Big XII refs had it in for UT and OU in their final year - the phantom holding calls and pass interference flags are coming.

4-0 in nonconference, and 1-7 in conference (someone has to win the Texas Blow U game).

With the season being a little over 2 weeks away figured its prediction time!

Give me your

Record prediction
Offensive MVP prediction
Defensive MVP prediction
Freshman Of The Year prediction
Saturday
Sep. 2
Rice Owls Football ScheduleRice OwlsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX3:30pm ETFOXWIN
(1-0)
Saturday
Sep. 9
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Scheduleat 4 Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL7:00pm ETESPNLOSS
(1-1)
Saturday
Sep. 16
Wyoming Football ScheduleWyoming CowboysDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX8:00pm ETLHNWIN
(2-1)
Saturday
Sep. 23
Baylor Bears Football Scheduleat Baylor BearsMcLane Stadium, Waco, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(3-1)
Saturday
Sep. 30
Kansas Jayhawks Football ScheduleKansas JayhawksDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(4-1)
ALLSTATE RED RIVER RIVALRY
Saturday
Oct. 7
Oklahoma Sooners Football Schedulevs 20 Oklahoma SoonersCotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, TXTime TBA ETABCWIN
(5-1)
Saturday
Oct. 14
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 21
Houston Football Scheduleat Houston CougarsTDECU Stadium, Houston, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(6-1)
Saturday
Oct. 28
BYU Cougars Football ScheduleBYU CougarsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(7-1)
Saturday
Nov. 4
Kansas State Football Schedule16 Kansas State WildcatsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(8-1)
Saturday
Nov. 11
TCU Horned Frogs Football Scheduleat 17 TCU Horned FrogsAmon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TXTime TBA ETTV TBALOSS
(8-2)
Saturday
Nov. 18
Iowa State Football Scheduleat Iowa State CyclonesJack Trice Stadium, Ames, IATime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(9-2)
Friday
Nov. 24
Texas Tech Football ScheduleTexas Tech Red RaidersDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX7:30pm ETABCWIN
(10-2)
Saturday
Dec. 2
Big 12 Football Schedule
Big 12 ChampionshipAT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX12:00pm ETABC

Saturday
Sep. 2
Rice Owls Football ScheduleRice OwlsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX3:30pm ETFOXWIN
(1-0)
Saturday
Sep. 9
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Scheduleat 4 Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL7:00pm ETESPNLOSS
(1-1)
Saturday
Sep. 16
Wyoming Football ScheduleWyoming CowboysDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX8:00pm ETLHNWIN
(2-1)
Saturday
Sep. 23
Baylor Bears Football Scheduleat Baylor BearsMcLane Stadium, Waco, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(3-1)
Saturday
Sep. 30
Kansas Jayhawks Football ScheduleKansas JayhawksDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(4-1)
Saturday
Oct. 7
Oklahoma Sooners Football Schedulevs 20 Oklahoma SoonersCotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, TXTime TBA ETABCWIN
(5-1)
Saturday
Oct. 14
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 21
Houston Football Scheduleat Houston CougarsTDECU Stadium, Houston, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(6-1)
Saturday
Oct. 28
BYU Cougars Football ScheduleBYU CougarsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(7-1)
Saturday
Nov. 4
Kansas State Football Schedule16 Kansas State WildcatsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TXTime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(8-1)
Saturday
Nov. 11
TCU Horned Frogs Football Scheduleat 17 TCU Horned FrogsAmon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TXTime TBA ETTV TBALOSS
(8-2)
Saturday
Nov. 18
Iowa State Football Scheduleat Iowa State CyclonesJack Trice Stadium, Ames, IATime TBA ETTV TBAWIN
(9-2)
Friday
Nov. 24
Texas Tech Football ScheduleTexas Tech Red RaidersDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX7:30pm ETABCWIN
(10-2)
Saturday
Dec. 2
Big 12 Football Schedule
I would take this result-for sure.

Saturday
Sep. 2
(1-0)
Saturday
Sep. 9
(1-1)
Saturday
Sep. 16
(2-1)
Saturday
Sep. 23
(3-1)
Saturday
Sep. 30
(4-1)
Saturday
Oct. 7
(5-1)
Saturday
Oct. 14
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 21
(6-1)
Saturday
Oct. 28
(7-1)
Saturday
Nov. 4
(8-1)
Saturday
Nov. 11
(8-2)
Saturday
Nov. 18
(9-2)
Friday
Nov. 24
(10-2)
Saturday
Dec. 2
Big 12 Football Schedule
Why do ppl think tcu is going to be so good this year? I have tcu at 7-5

Warning!
Incoming stat nerd post.

318.5 completions

Then yes, he'll go pro.

If Ewers does that, Texas is in the playoff and he wins the Heisman. I'll take ALL THAT!

Love stats too.

With a two game losing streak to Baylor for eternity.

Hey - I thought I was reading on this board that the Big XII refs had it in for UT and OU in their final year - the phantom holding calls and pass interference flags are coming.

4-0 in nonconference, and 1-7 in conference (someone has to win the Texas Blow U game).
Baylor has played well of late but that all time record between OU and Baylor isnothing to hang your hat on imo.

You may be right about the phantomholding calls coming.

Really? 49-0 must have done something to your head..
Lebby should have been canned right then.imo. It’ll be different this year my stroke actually came in late Nov so it was after the RRS debacle. BV gonna rat-a-tat-tat- dat- ass

Last edited:
Why do we always have that mentality where tcu will beat us. If you think Dykes and do you like white girls (briles) is going to beat us then we will have tcu haunt us forever going into the sec.

My predictions are I really don't like to get my hopes up and then crushed, cowboy fan here.....i do love the talent we have and if ewers can turn it on watch out and we will beat blowu this year.

It's not so much that they're going to be good this year, but Texas has struggled against them for years (even mediocre TCU teams), and it's on the road, where Sark has also struggled.

Reactions: JHop6714
It's not so much that they're going to be good this year, but Texas has struggled against them for years (even mediocre TCU teams), and it's on the road, where Sark has also struggled.
Last time sark played tcu on the road he won..sooo

Reactions: HornDrummer
Last time sark played tcu on the road he won..sooo
Yes he did--but finished 5-7, so that's a dubious honor, but you're correct. But history suggests that that game will be difficult. I DO hope that we crush them--it will give me great satisfaction.

Josh Allen and Anthony Richardson both got drafted after completing less than 60% of their passes in college. In today's game NFL scouts are looking more at potential versus actual production in college. Josh Rosen was another guy that was selected recently in the first round and only completed 60% of his passes in college. Hell Jake Locker only completed 54% of his passes and was a top 10 pick. If Ewers comes out and has a decent season he's a first round pick on his arm talent alone. There's other examples just from the last 13 years.
Re-read my post.....

The QB that got drafted in thr first round AND went to the CFB playoffs.
I probably should have worded it better.

I don't think TCU will be great this year. But, Texas has at least one conference loss in them at some point. History would suggest it'll be a road game. TCU has frequently had our number. It could easily be a loss at Baylor, at Houston, or at Iowa State instead. However, Iowa State is getting embarrassed due to their scandal and I don't think they'll beat us. Baylor just seems too early in the season for them to sneak up on us. And Houston is supposed to be pretty bad this year. So TCU is just the most likely among those options, in my opinion. But I'd love to take TCU out on our way out of the conference.

So tech has an experience team I see them giving us a fight in Austin. Tcu is also 7-3 in the last 10 games.....idk how we let them do that to us

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT