ADVERTISEMENT

Season Predicitions

I’m not going to make a numbers prediction for wins and losses. I will say this, if the season does in fact shape up to be like everyone expects it to then I will start getting real nervous about that tech game to finish the year. Reminiscent of 2008. Tech has had our number a couple times and if we’re playing at a high level and it’s our last game in the big12…they absolutely would love to ruin it all…again. We have the home field advantage but I think they will have close to a top 10 offense by the end of the year. Look out.

Record prediction: 11-1. If Quinn Ewers plays to his potential this team could easily run the table with the schedule and roster they have.

Offensive MVP prediction: Quinn Ewers

Defensive MVP prediction: Jaylan Ford

Freshman Of The Year prediction: Anthony Hill or Johntay Cook

Reactions: aarontxex
I don't think TCU will be great this year. But, Texas has at least one conference loss in them at some point. History would suggest it'll be a road game. TCU has frequently had our number. It could easily be a loss at Baylor, at Houston, or at Iowa State instead. However, Iowa State is getting embarrassed due to their scandal and I don't think they'll beat us. Baylor just seems too early in the season for them to sneak up on us. And Houston is supposed to be pretty bad this year. So TCU is just the most likely among those options, in my opinion. But I'd love to take TCU out on our way out of the conference.
More worried about the Mormons than tcu... especially if they have a white QB with a knee brace

15 plus years of heartbreak and poisoned koolaide has me walking the fence......

Will the Big 12 screw us because we would rather lose to Georgia and Florida than KState and Iowa ST?
Has Sark finally got a team that is about winning and not just wearing a pretty orange jersey?

We get everyone's best shot like always but with a little more this year....

With that said (as if anyone cares):
Texas goes 11-1 and wins Big 12
(We lose one that we shouldn't and it gets us refocused)
We get into the playoffs

Sark finishes up with all the recruits he wants and we get ready for SEC.

I don’t understand the fascination with TCU. I see 6-6 for the cockroaches, maybe 7-5

Not a chance in hell if Texas is 10-1 heading into the Taco Tech game we don’t steamroll their ass.

I can see Texas losing two, but not those two.

More likely to lose at Bama, BYU, OU or at ISU
Joey McGuire is a sneaky mother fvcker. Put nothing past him.

I don’t understand the fascination with TCU. I see 6-6 for the cockroaches, maybe 7-5

Not a chance in hell if Texas is 10-1 heading into the Taco Tech game we don’t steamroll their ass.

I 💯 agree

Reactions: weevilcatch

Cockroaches is a good term for them. But, they've gotten the best of Texas in recent years. I think they're 7-3 against us over the last decade--really ridiculous--don't understand it.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Taco Tech is another great name. And that is another team I DONT want to lose to this year. Can't happen.

I really like everything I've been hearing about the team this year but a decade of disappointment is keeping me grounded.

9-3 regular season with losses to Alabama, somebody else we shouldn't, and Tech.

Oklahoma has the easiest b12 schedule so
B12 ccg Texas vs Oklahoma rematch. No playoffs for us but we do get a nice bowl opponent but play handicapped due to draft exodus.

I really can see 8-4 just as easily as 12-0 until our boys show some consistency on the field.

I really like everything I've been hearing about the team this year but a decade of disappointment is keeping me grounded.

9-3 regular season with losses to Alabama, somebody else we shouldn't, and Tech.

Oklahoma has the easiest b12 schedule so
B12 ccg Texas vs Oklahoma rematch. No playoffs for us but we do get a nice bowl opponent but play handicapped due to draft exodus.

I really can see 8-4 just as easily as 12-0 until our boys show some consistency on the field.
That's fair.

I don’t get the fascination with Tech or TCU this year. Especially TCU. They lost a ton of NFL talent off of last years squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose 5 to 6 games this year. And I don’t see this team losing to Tech at home.

I have a hard time finding 3 losses on the schedule this year. This team is stocked with NFL talent at all levels of the offense and defense. This should be a 10 win team with ease this year. I get the pessimism of the last decade, but we have not had a roster this talented from top to bottom since the 09 team.

I don’t get the fascination with Tech or TCU this year. Especially TCU. They lost a ton of NFL talent off of last years squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose 5 to 6 games this year. And I don’t see this team losing to Tech at home.

I have a hard time finding 3 losses on the schedule this year. This team is stocked with NFL talent at all levels of the offense and defense. This should be a 10 win team with ease this year. I get the pessimism of the last decade, but we have not had a roster this talented from top to bottom since the 09 team.
I'm with you on TCU sharply dropping off but TTU has a good chance to surprise a lot of people this year and for good reason.

Luckily for us we play them last so hopefully we have 3rd down defense figured out by then. Remember, they don't believe in punting and we couldn't get off the field. They simply wore us out.

Bama isn't the same team of the past decade but they still have 5*s backing up 5*s. The talent is there in spades. It definitely benefits us to get them early but a night game in their house is a tall order to put it lightly.
They'll likely run it like 90's cornhuskers. Stop the run and we have a great chance. Lose control at LOS and we get rolled.

3rd loss....idk. We're still prone to dropping a gimme game until we prove otherwise.

Just my .02c

Reactions: JasperNewton7
The ONLY good thing about Alabama is they shouldn’t have a dominant QB. Their offense should be basically a game management, ball control unit. Their defense is going to be really good I believe. I’m just hoping we catch them before their QB situation is figured out.

With the season being a little over 2 weeks away figured its prediction time!

Give me your

Record prediction
Offensive MVP prediction
Defensive MVP prediction
Freshman Of The Year prediction

10-2 Big XII Champ, just miss the playoffs Cotton Bowl champ vs USC
O is Worthy
D is Ford
FOY CJ Baxter

Reactions: hookem777
The ONLY good thing about Alabama is they shouldn’t have a dominant QB. Their offense should be basically a game management, ball control unit. Their defense is going to be really good I believe. I’m just hoping we catch them before their QB situation is figured out.
new QB....New offensive coordinator...Wanna go see what style offense theyre running? highlights of the qb? Check out Notre Dame last year. Same ppl.

Their qb situation won't be as much of a hindrance and everyone hopes. They are expected to play similar to the beginning of their decade of dominance. Run run run, can you stop me, run run run some more.

All they need is someone serviceable that doesn't turn the ball over and controls t.o.p. Their defense is one of if not the best in nation. Moving the chains with consistency will be very difficult.

It's pivitol that we get ahead early and force them to pass the ball or they will wear our defense down by halftime.

Review my post about the recruiting blunders since 2013. We were mediocre because we were dog shit on the LOS. We're no longer dog shit, but maybe slightly above average on the LOS now. I think 7-5/8-4 is 9-3/10-2 now with the talent at skill positions.

Get better depth on LOS and we're looking at 2000-2009 type productions.

Reactions: Hoookem722
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT