ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

Shedrick already having shoulder pain. That's not good when he just had surgery on it. We should have a deeper/better bench. This is kind of a joke.
Lol we’re down 2 guys. This team is deep. Probably 8-10 guys deep. How deep do you expect? Lol

Game #3. we SUCK! Fire Terry NOW! Unacceptable!
Good lord. 🙄
yeah dont listen to the fans who constantly have nothing good to say about the team. This team will make the tourny as thats where everything matters.

Hookem

I thought that was a hell of an effort tonight from the team. Down Shedrick and Disu and we had it down to 4 with 3 minutes to go. When we are full strength we are going to be a really good team. UConn is tough.

Reactions: hookem777
Shedrick already having shoulder pain. That's not good when he just had surgery on it. We should have a deeper/better bench. This is kind of a joke.
How is it a joke. UConn is arguably the best team in the country and we played them down to the wire without our best 2 big men lol

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Uconn is easily a top 10 team.
We were down 2 key players.
Get well and we are going to be fine.

Reactions: hookem777
I know Barnes’s time has come and gone at UT but … his Tennessee team is very entertaining against #2 Purdue and the largest human being in the history of history - Zach Edey. Go Vols!!

I've never been able to wrap my head around his lack of success here … loved the hire at the time.
Same. After long internal deliberation, I think it has to do with the spotlight. I don't think he's able to truly handle the big stage, all day, every day. Sure, when he gets his rare moments he can shine-- but the daily grind of the spotlight----- I don't think that's who he is.
And that's OK. Dude didn't come here and forget how to coach-- that's obvious. But it takes a unique fvcking individual to come to this school and not get overtaken by the enormity of it all. And I just don't think Shaka was that dude.

Ahem Shaka has his Marquette team at 4 and just beat number 1 Kansas 73 - 59
Fools gold. It’s easy to look competent early in the season. He’s playing his full complement of players with no injuries. Everyone else is load-managing players to minimize injuries which is the right thing to do. The goal is to be fully healthy and clicking by the time conference play starts. All these games now are just a step above exhibition contests. The main purpose for these early games is to pad your tournament resume.

Fools gold. It’s easy to look competent early in the season. He’s playing his full complement of players with no injuries. Everyone else is load-managing players to minimize injuries which is the right thing to do. The goal is to be fully healthy and clicking by the time conference play starts. All these games now are just a step above exhibition contests. The main purpose for these early games is to pad your tournament resume.
Exactly. He had us ranked highly and best some good teams a few times as well. Then lost to Abilene Christian.
We’ll see where they end up come tourney time.

Shaka smart owns Bill Self it’s really quite something.

Look Shaka smart is a good coach. He didn’t just forget how to coach when he came to Texas. He changed the way he built teams when he came here and is was a fatal mistake. At Marquette he’s getting back to more what he did at VCU, and he’s had immediate success. College coaching often times is about fit, and Shaka smart and Texas never really fit together.

Look Shaka smart is a good coach. He didn’t just forget how to coach when he came to Texas. He changed the way he built teams when he came here and is was a fatal mistake. At Marquette he’s getting back to more what he did at VCU, and he’s had immediate success.
This is what I was referring to above about Barnes and his roster building. I actually liked the hire originally based on the basketball side of things. At the end of the day, he got the job here because of what he accomplished at VCU. Why he would go away from what made his team’s successful was mind boggling to me. I guess Clob has the best answer to that question in the fact that maybe the job was just too big for the man.

This is what I was referring to above about Barnes and his roster building. I actually liked the hire originally based on the basketball side of things. At the end of the day, he got the job here because of what he accomplished at VCU. Why he would go away from what made his team’s successful was mind boggling to me. I guess Clob has the best answer to that question in the fact that maybe the job was just too big for the man.
I get why he went away from what was successful. You come to Texas and you can get recruits you could never get at VCU like Allen, Bamba, etc. problem is big guys take a long time to develop especially offensively and most of them the elite ones anyway leave after 1 year, so you don’t get the best out of them if you are gonna recruit one and done guys. It’s gotta be guards and wing players.

I get why he went away from what was successful. You come to Texas and you can get recruits you could never get at VCU like Allen, Bamba, etc. problem is big guys take a long time to develop especially offensively and most of them the elite ones anyway leave after 1 year, so you don’t get the best out of them if you are gonna recruit one and done guys. It’s gotta be guards and wing players.
If you believe in your system, you recruit players that fit what you believe in. If your coaching philosophy is to play aggressive defense (aka HAVOC), then you recruit players that fit your philosophy. You don't go get a big, slow guy that eats up the middle but can't play in transition because you can. That makes no sense.
As a famous coach once said, "dance with the one that brung ya".

Shaka went from an up tempo aggressive pressing game to NBA style play because he thought it would help attract the top tier 1 and done talent. Bad move. Look at Pitino. He has been running that funky match up zone since the 70s. He always wins. I think Shaka has finally figured that out.

Shaka went from an up tempo aggressive pressing game to NBA style play because he thought it would help attract the top tier 1 and done talent. Bad move. Look at Pitino. He has been running that funky match up zone since the 70s. He always wins. I think Shaka has finally figured that out.
Yep. He was right it did help him recruit the top talent, but doesn’t Leays translate to wins.

Look Shaka smart is a good coach. He didn’t just forget how to coach when he came to Texas. He changed the way he built teams when he came here and is was a fatal mistake. At Marquette he’s getting back to more what he did at VCU, and he’s had immediate success. College coaching often times is about fit, and Shaka smart and Texas never really fit together.
Actually Bill self is 10-4 against Shaka including latest win. Shaka beat self at VCU. At Texas Shaka was 2-10 agains to self.

Reactions: diadevic
Wyoming at 2 pm today. Will be interesting to see if Shedrick plays. Disu should be soon.

Wyoming at 2 pm today. Will be interesting to see if Shedrick plays. Disu should be soon.
From what Disu told the broadcast crew in NY he’s just trying to get in game shape. Hopefully we can have him back for the Marquette game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT