ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

RT's 1st year 7th place. Beard first year at Texas, 4th place with nothing but Brock Cunningham as a returning player. RT was gift wrapped an awesome team and shit the bed. If we look at momentum, I would say that Ole Miss compared to 2022-2023 has positive momentum while Texas has negative momentum. They are programs going in opposite directions.
lol. You are so dilousional it’s not even funny.

You act like last year Texas just woke up one day and said”I think we should fired Chris Beard and hire Rodney Terry.

Let’s get something really clear for you, and any other person who is still stuck on Chris Beard, although I think it’s mostly just you at this point.

Chris Beard was Texas dream hire and the chips finally fell where they needed to for Texas to make the move. They didn’t WANT to fire him.as a matter of fact I think they were trying to come up with a way for him to stay. But beard gave them no choice. It wasn’t cancel culture, or liberals, or Austin or whatever other excuse you want to make. The reason Chris Beard isn’t the coach at Texas right now is Chris beard, and he knows it. The only people who don’t are you and anyone out there who can’t accept.

Now as far as RT being “gift wrapped” the season last year. That’s complete nonsense. Last season could have EASILY went the other way and just completely collapsed. Only reason it didn’t is because Rodney Terry and the vets on the team were able to hold it together, and make a run.

You also act that Terry had no role in putting the team together last year when reality is he had a bigger role in putting it together than beard did(assistants do a lot of the portal work) even if you do think it was “gift wrapped for RT you still have to go out and do the damn thing. It was “gift wrapped for Purdue last year and they went out and got beat by a 16 seed.

As far as your argument of “we finished 7th this year but 4th last year” the difference between 4th and 7th in the big 12 this year was 1 game 6 teams had a recored within 2 games of each other. The difference between 4th and 7th is the ball bouncing different…. This year anyway.

And I’m sure you and maybe a few others are going to say “you just hate Chris beard “ you damn right I do. Independent of my opinion that some on here widely overrate him I hate him for pissing away this opportunity and for putting the team and program that I’m a fan of in the position he did last year. I hate that he put Rodney Terry(or who ever would of replaced him) in the position he has because it doesn’t matter what RT does in his tenure hell even if he wins a title you and people like you are going to say “yeah but Chris beard would of done it better” not based on any kind of fact but based on what in your heads Chris beard was going to do here. So yeah I hate Chris Beard now

Last edited:
Texas will not be good at basketball next year. I estimated an elite 8 run before the season began with the current roster and we fell far short of that. Unyema and Weaver will START for this team next year. Weaver is a great role player like Cunningham but not a starter. Unyema is bad and he will start next year. The transfer class will underwhelm. Next year ~ Unyema, Weaver, and two freshmen will be your starters. Add in a spare from the portal and that's what we will be rolling out.

Texas will not be good at basketball next year. I estimated an elite 8 run before the season began with the current roster and we fell far short of that. Unyema and Weaver will START for this team next year. Weaver is a great role player like Cunningham but not a starter. Unyema is bad and he will start next year. The transfer class will underwhelm. Next year ~ Unyema, Weaver, and two freshmen will be your starters. Add in a spare from the portal and that's what we will be rolling out.
when you say Texas won’t be good at basketball next year how do you define “good”. If you estimated an elite 8 run this year the problem was your expectations. This team wasn’t that level.

I think you're underestimating how batspit crazy the transfer portal is. Imagine a moderately attractive that used to be an 8 or a 9 upper middle class karen in her late 30s that opted to work on her career and has been ran through for the better part of 2 decades, suddenly realizing she wants to settle down and more importantly have children. The transfer portal is twice as batspit crazy as that.

when you say Texas won’t be good at basketball next year how do you define “good”. If you estimated an elite 8 run this year the problem was your expectations. This team wasn’t that level.
Texas won't finish in the top half of the sec. We will finish behind ol miss.

I think you're underestimating how batspit crazy the transfer portal is. Imagine a moderately attractive that used to be an 8 or a 9 upper middle class karen in her late 30s that opted to work on her career and has been ran through for the better part of 2 decades, suddenly realizing she wants to settle down and more importantly have children. The transfer portal is twice as batspit crazy as that.
Yep. When we picked up Hunter in the portal 2 years ago he was the freshman of the year in the big 12. That team 2300 that you claim was “gift wrapped” for RT was built solely with the transfer portal

I'll say this Barnes has his team in the Sweet 16 and Shaka has Marquette in the Sweet 16. Now just give Beard another year or two and same could probably be said about him......
Amen. The grass isn’t always greener with a new coach when it comes to college hoops. UK is about to can John Calipari which would be a huge mistake. Who’s out there that can replace him? There’s nobody really. It’s the same mistake we made with Rick Barnes.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I think you low key root for failure. Your infatuation with Chris Beard is hilarious. Ole Miss was 3-8 in quad 1 games this year and none of those wins were against ranked teams lol.

I'm not RT fan at all, but to make wild assumptions about what he's going to do in the transfer portal is nothing more than absurd pessimism.

They lost Marcus Carr, Sir Jabri Rice, Timmy Allen, and Christian Bishop from last year's team and still won 20+ games and won a game in the tournament. They also lost Ron Holland to the G League and he would have been a major contributor.

Last edited:
I think you low key root for failure. Your infatuation with Chris Beard is hilarious. Ole Miss was 3-8 in quad 1 games this year and none of those wins were against ranked teams lol.

I'm not RT fan at all, but to make wild assumptions about what he's going to do in the transfer portal is nothing more than absurd pessimism.

They lost Marcus Carr, Sir Jabri Rice, Timmy Allen, and Christian Bishop from last year's team and still won 20+ games and won a game in the tournament. They also lost Ron Holland to the G League and he would have been a major contributor.
Some of y'all are just losers and like it. You make a lot of excuses for failure.

No, I don't root for failure. I was rooting for Texas to win against Tennessee, gasp. I have been a business owner for almost 30 years. I have learned to make observations about success and profitability. Yes, I force myself to be a realist. I don't make assumptions that will bite me in the backside later. Can y'all not see that this team had a much weaker chemistry than Beard's teams?

Gerry Hamilton pounds Terry's coaching decisions around Hunter. I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Yep. Holland is averaging almost 20 and 6 in the G league. He would have not only been a contributor but one of the best players in the nation. Pair him with Disu and Abmas, and easily this is an elite 8 type team. Not sure what happened with Holland. Based on his public statements and Texas reaction to his request out I’m sure there is a story there.

Aggy took cougar high to overtime. Looks like the b12 is overrated.
Didn't watch the game huh? Another Houston player just fouled out, to give you an indication of how it went. The refs called touch fouls on Houston all night.

Now... there is a theory that the big 12 is so physical that when they get officials from other conferences in the tournament, they don't adjust their games and what happened to Houston last night, happens.

But that game last night was horribly officiated. Houston wasn't allowed to make eye contact with atm without a foul being called. Start to finish.

Reactions: westx
I also think the big 12 gets under seeded as a whole because they beat up on each other so their records as a whole aren’t great. Like for example. I think the top 6-8 teams in the big 12 would finish top 3-4 in the SEC

Didn't watch the game huh? Another Houston player just fouled out, to give you an indication of how it went. The refs called touch fouls on Houston all night.

Now... there is a theory that the big 12 is so physical that when they get officials from other conferences in the tournament, they don't adjust their games and what happened to Houston last night, happens.

But that game last night was horribly officiated. Houston wasn't allowed to make eye contact with atm without a foul being called. Start to finish.
Four starters fouled out on the bench by the end of the game (including Cryer and Shead), and a walk-on shooting only his 5th free throw of the season with 17 seconds left.

I really wish the NCAA would move to 6 fouls for disqualification and 4 Quarters. 5 fouls just gives the refs too much influence in the game. And going to quarters with the fouls resetting after each would keep the game from devolving in to a FT contest. They’ve already went to quarters in the women’s game a few years ago

I really wish the NCAA would move to 6 fouls for disqualification and 4 Quarters. 5 fouls just gives the refs too much influence in the game. And going to quarters with the fouls resetting after each would keep the game from devolving in to a FT contest. They’ve already went to quarters in the women’s game a few years ago
I don't like 6 fouls - rewards mugging. But you are on to something with resetting the fouls after each quarter. Stops the one and one from beginning only 8 minutes into the game.

I don't like 6 fouls - rewards mugging. But you are on to something with resetting the fouls after each quarter. Stops the one and one from beginning only 8 minutes into the game.
Yep they’ve done it in the women’s game and the game flows better. One other thing I’ve noticed refs do they’ll call like 6 fouls on a team early in a half and then all the sudden they won’t pick up another one… it’s like ok either your letting stuff go all the sudden or the stuff you were calling earlier was complete BS

to be honest I don’t really love the 6th foul but because the refs are so bad at times. Giving an extra foul kinda covers for the officials

Amen. The grass isn’t always greener with a new coach when it comes to college hoops. UK is about to can John Calipari which would be a huge mistake. Who’s out there that can replace him? There’s nobody really. It’s the same mistake we made with Rick Barnes.
UK isn’t going to fire Cal. It would cost them 33 million dollars. Cal might leave for another job. SMU has something cooking idk what but they seem poised to throw some money around, but UK isn’t firing him it’s not just the money either like you say who are they gonna hire? There is no one.

Texas was kind of the same boat last year. Some folks didn’t want Rodney Terry but if not him than who? Jay wright wasn’t coming here he doesn’t want to coach anymore. I think Texas could have got Cal if they had wanted him but I don’t think that would have been the right direction. There weren’t and aren’t great options.

This would be another intriguing mid major guy out of the portal. could see him coming off the bench in a Jabari Rice type role.

Ya, I would like RT to succeed. He seems like a good guy. He's not a screamer like B Knight etc.. very personable. Hopefully he can get a better team on the court.

Reactions: outhereincali
Ok boys it's now the sweet 16. Tonight I have North Carolina, Arizona, UConn, and Iowa State. Tomorrow I have Houston, Marquette, Tennessee, and my upset of the weekend is Gonzaga over Purdue. I have 8 controversial reasons for making these picks. Ridicule and abuse from other posters on here.

And hey guys let's wish the best for the lady horns they're in Portland this weekend. Tomorrow they play Gonzaga. If they advance they will play the Stanford/North Carolina State winner on Sunday. Let's pull for the lady horns to punch their ticket to the final 4 next weekend.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Ok boys it's now the sweet 16. Tonight I have North Carolina, Arizona, UConn, and Iowa State. Tomorrow I have Houston, Marquette, Tennessee, and my upset of the weekend is Gonzaga over Purdue. I have 8 controversial reasons for making these picks. Ridicule and abuse from other posters on here.

And hey guys let's wish the best for the lady horns they're in Portland this weekend. Tomorrow they play Gonzaga. If they advance they will play the Stanford/North Carolina State winner on Sunday. Let's pull for the lady horns to punch their ticket to the final 4 next weekend.

Well AZ, NC down Iowa State in a fight right now and Bama makes the elite 8 second time ever in school history! Nate Oats that is all I'm gonna say......Bama has never been a basketball school....

I hope you weren't in Vegas!

I forgot to post my picks, but I'll post my 3 out of 4 losses from last night. Uconn is my only pick that won last night just like you. Hard to believe Clemson beat AZ. Anyway, I have NC St over Marquette, Purdue over the Zags, Chreighton over Tenn and UofH beating Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT