ADVERTISEMENT

The Offcial Texas-OU Game Thread (Mod is on duty)

This team is learning how to win. Something we have not seen in long time.

Congratulations, Herman did nothing wrong. Orlando’s defense gave up 21 points in the 4th qtr. The Texas offense won this game.
I agree with this It was kind of like I told Georgia fans. Their defense played well enough to win the game but I certainly wouldn't say that either defense played good as a whole.

"I trulybelieve that ISU may have the best D in the league"

I dont know this TEXAS Defense is pretty good......i really think Herman let up off the gas when TEXAS got up by 21 and the team as a whole thought the game was over....it almost cost them but they can take this and use it as a teaching point and will make TEXAS better in the long run.

I dont know this TEXAS Defense is pretty good......i really think Herman let up off the gas when TEXAS got up by 21 and the team as a whole thought the game was over....it almost cost them but they can take this and use it as a teaching point and will make TEXAS better in the long run.
I also do not think we will face another Kyler Murray.

I think the Texas D played at times but letting a team score 45 is not good defense but it is good enough to win. Georgia defense made enough stops on OU to win last year too but I wouldn't say they had a good defense

I think the Texas D played at times but letting a team score 45 is not good defense but it is good enough to win. Georgia defense made enough stops on OU to win last year too but I wouldn't say they had a good defense

I think Texas has the best defense in the Big 12. Yes, the Horns gave up 45 points today, but OU has a great offense. No team, regardless of how good their defense is, is going to hold OU down.

I think Texas has the best defense in the Big 12. Yes, the Horns gave up 45 points today, but OU has a great offense. No team, regardless of how good their defense is, is going to hold OU down.
MM in the end you may be right but comparing the 2 I think ISU played the better defensive game against OU. Just my opinion.

Also, I think this was stated earlier. We lack depth. If we had some of the lineman that are on scholarship that simply aren't playing, we hold off the comebacks because the starters are gassed.

Okie lite just lost to ISU...when is the last time OU and OSU lost on the same day ? :)

Like i said dozer.....i think when TEXAS went up 3 TDs they let off the gas and relaxed thinking the game was over.....the o-lne lost focus and the defense started trying to play some kind of sooner defense that they saw Ou playing. All in all TEXAS gave up 24pts in 3 quarters to a very good Ou offense.....while giving up 21 in a matter of minutes when they thought the game was out of reach. Trust me i would have rather Herman keep that gas pedal to the floor and keep the O-line in rhythm and put up another 2 TDs and really put it to Ou.....God knows Stoops would've lol. Overall it was a good game....glad TEXAS came out on top.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Like i said dozer.....i think when TEXAS went up 3 TDs they let off the gas and relaxed thinking the game was over.....the o-lne lost focus and the defense started trying to play some kind of sooner defense that they saw Ou playing. All in all TEXAS gave up 24pts in 3 quarters to a very good Ou offense.....while giving up 21 in a matter of minutes when they thought the game was out of reach. Trust me i would have rather Herman keep that gas pedal to the floor and keep the O-line in rhythm and put up another 2 TDs and really put it to Ou.....God knows Stoops would've lol. Overall it was a good game....glad TEXAS came out on top.
I know that for a fact unless we face them again in the CCG
I guarantee Murray feels like crap for his 2 turnovers. Both were easily avoidable but they will kill you.

A few things.

1. Can we have your DC please?
2. Congratulations. You won a hard fought game, fair and square.
3. I don't really like you guys. At all.

1. No, we'll keep coach Orlando. I'm in full agreement that Mike Stoops needs a lifetime contract with OU. He's a keeper.
2. Thank you for the compliment. It shouldn't have been as close as it was. Texas kicked OU's ass.
3. I REALLY don't like Sooners. At all! They rival Ohio State for the most obnoxious, arrogant fans in CFB.

Hook'em!

Hey guys Kyler Murray isn't the be all to end all a far as good qb's well play this year. Don't forget next month we'll be facing Will Grier and WV.

Our D won’t face a speedster like Murray again. With that said our offense needs to always play the same.

I truly believe that ISU may have the best D in the league

last year they held all Big 12 opponents 17 points below their average. This year they held Iowa 16 points below their average, OU 11 points below their average, Akron 15 points, TCU 14 points below their average (it's actually more than that because TCU got a defensive TD so ISU really held them to 10 total points) and Okie State 2 points below their average (bungled punt return gave OSU a short field).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT