ADVERTISEMENT

The sooner we come to terms that Charlie is an average recruiter..

Originally posted by AlpacaCorch:

Originally posted by belowaverage:

Give it a rest. He inherited a pile of dung.

Crap like your post just makes it harder for him to turn it around.

Why do people post this kind of crap?
Butch Jones inherited a situation as bad as Charlie and is kicking ass on the recruiting trail, with the sane record as Texas too, 6-6. At this point it's excuse making. I don't expect a top 5 or even top 10, but we are in the 20's and falling. ZERO in the top 30 in Texas. He's not getting it done, plain and simple. 

Tennessee is the only school in that state unless you think Vanderbilt is equal to TCU, Aggy or Baylor. Also Butch is gone soon cause he will get caught cheating again like at Miami and UNC.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Why do people post this kind of crap?
I think you are the one that may be posting crap. Check the national recruiting ranking the last 4 years, we have 2 second places and 4th and 6th.
Overall that's 2nd only to bama's #1 for that 4 years. That equates to some very good talent but don't let the facts stand in the way of all your excuses!

Originally posted by shaunsters:

Originally posted by Esoteric2112:
The happier we will all be.

The most frustrating thing is that he could be great.
Just Stop. Your act is getting old.

He is going to get Boyd and Hill. Plus 3 or 4 florida kids. Plus Clark the TE.

Sorry certain recruits want stuff handed to them and babied. Not who Strong is. Go play for Sumlin and enjoy your 7 win seasons.
roll.r191677.gif

That is HILARIOUS. He will probably get Boyd. Not getting Hill. He might get 1 or 2 of the Florida kids.

Originally posted by caspiderman:

Why do people post this kind of crap?
Butch Jones inherited a situation as bad as Charlie and is kicking ass on the recruiting trail, with the sane record as Texas too, 6-6. At this point it's excuse making. I don't expect a top 5 or even top 10, but we are in the 20's and falling. ZERO in the top 30 in Texas. He's not getting it done, plain and simple.Â

Tennessee is the only school in that state unless you think Vanderbilt is equal to TCU, Aggy or Baylor. Also Butch is gone soon cause he will get caught cheating again like at Miami and UNC.
Oh god.

How does the janitor at mesquite poteet know how many Florida guys we're gonna get?

Originally posted by McHorn:

Originally posted by jttexas05:

Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling.

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.
The reason you don't understand is because you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Texas has exactly one Top 30 guy right now in Patrick Vahe.
Good grief. His post was moronic at best.

He made about 2 points in some lemming rant right before he jumped off a cliff. Both of which are wrong and dumb.

1. Charlie will be 0 for 30 in the top 30. Wrong.
2. Our class is the same level as his UL classes. Wrong.

Keep defending stupidity.
Except what you just posted isn't what he said.

1.) He said we're currently getting shut out of the Top 30.
2.) He said the staff still thinks they're still at Louisville.

less than a year of recruiting these guys is a little difficult to compete with guys who have been recruiting them for multiple years.

Im having trouble understanding whether people are actually this dumb, or if they are trolling. 

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.  Go l
Go look at the top 30, then get back to us and embrace the irony of your post. 
I'll bet you any sum of money he doesnt get shut out on Ketch's top 30, which is in no way CS's top 30. 

Once you have a friend read this post to you, let me know if you are in. 
How many of the top 30 has CS offered?

Still two months until Signing Day...

Texas is struggling some right now on the recruiting trail, but let's see how this class finishes.

Originally posted by cdunagan051:
less than a year of recruiting these guys is a little difficult to compete with guys who have been recruiting them for multiple years.
Weatherby committed to Charlie in March, so I think the relationship was fine.

A&M's DC has been on the job how many years? Oh yea, zero because they don't have one.

We also just lost a 4* kid to a program with no head coach.

Originally posted by cdunagan051:
Plenty of other coaches didn't/don't have this problem, how long does Charlie get a pass?

Originally posted by ModelTFord14:
This staff needs to recruit better. Period.
when you get right down to it this is the truth and nothing else needs to be said. As a staff, Texas is not recruiting very well in this state. All you have to do is look at the top ranked kids in Texas. This was supposed to be a year where Strong and company showed something in recruiting in this state and right now the top kids in the state aren't really looking this way. some of that is the record, but there's plenty of data to point to that shows new coaches having sub-par first years and making up for it in recruiting. Right now Texas has a talent problem and we really needed some war daddy's in this class. Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Texas Tech all have more top 30 Texas kids than Texas does. OU even has 4. Aggsy has 7 and will probably have double digits soon.

That's not getting it done.

Originally posted by packageman815:
You don't know Charlie's top 30 !
Yes, we know, he's reinventing football with his advanced ratings metrics. We're soon to be the Oakland As of college football

Originally posted by 314horn:
Someone needs to ask Charlie and Patterson why we are getting killed. Basketball and baseball recruit well.
I have chosen not to post on any of this for the past couple months, but this statement is just stupid. Seriously just think back to the beginning of basketball season last year when EVERYONE was calling for Rick Barnes' head. He couldn't coach, he couldn't recruit, and he couldn't develop. Fast forward a year and we have a legit Elite 8 - Final 4 team.

Baseball? Everyone wanted Augie to ride off in the sunset because the game had passed him by. We finished in the cellar of the Big 12 and recruiting was a mess. We couldn't get anyone that could hit and our pitchers were not the top talent that we were used to. Fast forward a year or two later and we are in the CWS and have what is being hyped as one of the better hitting line-ups we have had in years.

The point in all this is that you are claiming that basketball and baseball are recruiting well. That may be true, but it damn sure wasn't a couple of years ago (at least that was the perception). Patience is a virtue and Charlie is playing with a hand he was dealt which was piss poor to begin with.

I'm not convinced that he is THE man who will make it happen yet, but he damn sure hasn't had enough time to get it all turned around. We all saw development on the field compared to last year. I'm not happy with the recruiting either, but let's not act like this was a one year project. Let's see how this looks on NSD and then where we stand with the 2016 class. Keep in mind that a large portion of the 2015 guys were jaded from the previous staff. 2016 will be a true barometer on how these guys can recruit with a fresh and clean slate.

That said, Chambers can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't really added any value to this recruiting staff or coaching staff in years!

Originally posted by texaswill:
Originally posted by Horn #10:
How does the janitor at mesquite poteet know how many Florida guys we're gonna get?
roll.r191677.gif
15 minutes of fame is about to be up.
Thank God. I don't know how people deal with this idiocy all the time. I haven't doe anything except be right so far.

Originally posted by houstonhorn87:

He decommitted while they still had a Head Coach.

Look things aren't very good on the recruiting front, right now, but making shit up isn't even necessary for you to push your agenda. Try to stick with the facts.

the better. He is getting destroyed on the recruiting trail. DESTROYED. 0 for 30 in Texas for 2015. IMO if he doesn't change up his recruiting, his time in Austin will not be long. I love what he stands for, love the discipline, love the defense, but his recruiting is laughable at this point. We lost Stevenson, now Weathersby, and Lampkin doesn't seem to be solid. He recruits like he's still at Louisville.
I've accepted it, and after listening to him talk to the media I totally get it. The dude simply doesn't have the salesman quality like Meyer, Saban, Sumlin, Miles etc. He's not a dynamic public speaker, and he never will be. When it comes to the ability to recruit, you either have it or you don't. If he can't coach the hell out of the players he does bring in, his time here will be very short. For 5 million dollars we should have a coach who can BOTH recruit and coach, as that is what it will take to continually compete for NC's again.

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:

Originally posted by houstonhorn87:

He decommitted while they still had a Head Coach.

Look things aren't very good on the recruiting front, right now, but making shit up isn't even necessary for you to push your agenda. Try to stick with the facts.
And he knowingly committed to them knowing they were head coachless....so don't tell me lack of relationships are why Charlie is whiffing on every top recruit in the state

roll.r191677.gif
Thank God. I don't know how people deal with this idiocy all the time. I haven't doe anything except be right so far.

You are trying to blame Charlie for Malik's decision. Malik will be blaming himself for that decision for years to come.

We still have a football team?

I thought we fired all the coaches, and burnt the stadium to the ground. Didn't we dissolve the football team like UAB? Heard you can't sustain it, the public school system in Texas needed to allocate more to A&M and UTSA, you know schools like that.

roll.r191677.gif
Thank God. I don't know how people deal with this idiocy all the time. I haven't done anything so far.
FIFY

Zero for 30? If you honestly believe that, you are a complete fool.

Never overestimate the intelligence of OB posters. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT