ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has ND -10 over UT at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have 16 players that actually started the majority of a season???

It doesn't matter what the package is, if that's the base base package of your team (I assume Nickle for Texas)

You realize that's the standard I used...right?

You sure do know how to get shi+ twisted don't you? You getting annoying as fu** by the way with your bull****. You act like a co**y a hole too.

Hook 'Em

You sure do know how to get shi+ twisted don't you? You getting annoying as fu** by the way with your bull****. You act like a co**y a hole too.

Hook 'Em

So instead of responding to the point (that those are NDs retuning starters, and the standard by which they were judged) you switch to this pathetic whining?

Can't respond to the football discussion?

Planning on to continue your sissy whining??

Guaranteed you never talk to anyone like that in real life, nerd.

Lol sure buddy.

Does this schtick actually make you feel better about your inability to discuss football?

The fact that your boss is mean to you, becuAse he didn't get a 1.5 in high school and finished the 10th grade burning extra hot today?

I'll let you try again...

So instead of responding to the point (that those are NDs retuning starters, and the standard by which they were judged) you switch to this pathetic whining?

Can't respond to the football discussion?

Planning on to continue your sissy whining??

Sorry if what I said went over your head sooner. Nice use of words "sissy"

Lol sure buddy.

Does this schtick actually make you feel better about your inability to discuss football?

The fact that your boss is mean to you, becuAse he didn't get a 1.5 in high school and finished the 10th grade burning extra hot today?

I'll let you try again...
Just don't like girly, passive aggressive, dishonest nerds like you who come on here and talk tough because you're a complete pussy in real life, that's all.

Lies on the returning starters.

Your pussy hurts, because we now know you lied about the number of returning starters.

Your pussy hurts because you are weakened at WR.

Your pussy hurts because your LB's suck.

Your pussy hurts because we know, Notre Dame is overrated.

Your pussy hurts because you can't convince me otherwise.

Go douche, skank.

I lost my pussy in WW1, so I will chime in on the football part when you talk WRs.

Page 10, Athlon national preview, ND WRs/TE ranked 23rd. Texas unranked.
Page 48, Lindy's national player rankings by position (per NFL scouts), Tori Hunter Jr. 16th. No Texas WRs ranked.

So ND has the overall ranked WR/TE unit & the best individual WR in the game.

These are NFL scouts ranking the players, not me or you.

Also, (page 49) OG Quenton Nelson, 3rd. No Texas players. OT Mike McGlinchey 5th. No Texas players.

QB (page 46) QB Zaire/Kizer 8th. No Texas QB.

ILB (page 51) ILB Jefferson 6th. No ND player.

Kicker (page 53) Yoon 7th. No Texas players.

That is all the players ranked for the two teams.

Units ranked (per Athlon):
ND QB 4th, RBs 18, WR/TE 23, OL 13, DL 21
Texas RB 17, DL 25, LB 18, DB 20

As for ND being overrated? How can they be overrated if they haven't even played yet?
Historically this argument has been hashed out more than I care to talk about, but statistically (preseason rank versus final) ND has actually been underrated during its 128 years . Just in the past 30 years ND has been ranked #1 once (1989) but has made it to #1 during the season for over 30 weeks. ND has been ranked in the top 5 twice in the last 30 years (1989 & 2006) but has spent over 50 weeks in the top 5 over that span during the season.
So it's fun to say they are overrated, but they actually have been underrated if you are looking at actual rankings.

Now my pussy hurts too.

Position rankings are a joke. The success of one unit is largely dependent upon other factors. I don't know much about ND because not an obsessed fan boy that lives on other teams message boards but I do know a little bit about this team. We don't know how good are receivers are because of the OC and offensive staff issues and poor QB play. What I do know is that John Burt is the real deal, Johnson is raw but looks like he could turn into an animal. In 11 personnel to the wide side of the field could get Burt a lot of single coverage on the outside if we can effectively run the ball out of that grouping. I like Burt's size and speed vs just about anyone if he can get singled up. If we are effective in running inside veer out of 11 personnel then Bluiett will be wide open in the second level on pass plays out of a veer look. Of course none of that matters if Buechele can't get them the ball or the O-line cant pass protect.

Sorry if what I said went over your head sooner. Nice use of words "sissy"

Not being able to figure out that I'm not a Sooner fan........should tell you who's having basic conversation go over their head

Again, try to stop being such a whiny little sissy and actually discuss football

Just don't like girly, passive aggressive, dishonest nerds like you who come on here and talk tough because you're a complete pussy in real life, that's all.

I like that you think a basic discussion of the realities of football teams is "talking tough"

Position rankings are a joke. The success of one unit is largely dependent upon other factors. I don't know much about ND because not an obsessed fan boy that lives on other teams message boards but I do know a little bit about this team. We don't know how good are receivers are because of the OC and offensive staff issues and poor QB play. What I do know is that John Burt is the real deal, Johnson is raw but looks like he could turn into an animal. In 11 personnel to the wide side of the field could get Burt a lot of single coverage on the outside if we can effectively run the ball out of that grouping. I like Burt's size and speed vs just about anyone if he can get singled up. If we are effective in running inside veer out of 11 personnel then Bluiett will be wide open in the second level on pass plays out of a veer look. Of course none of that matters if Buechele can't get them the ball or the O-line cant pass protect.

I deleted my last post because it had personal info (names of people at UIndy & professional teammates of mine) but if you would like to talk about it, let me know.
Also, calling me an obsessed fan boy makes me happy. I have one vice, ND football. A couple times a year I get unlimited time to discuss it. ND football takes me back to my youth & makes me happy. When I was in CSAR in the military it was my "happy place." Then post-grad at IUSM it connected me to others. Now after sparring sessions my teammate, fighting UFC July 8th, & I debate UM/ND to take our minds off fighting. It's how we relax. I only have a short amount of time left this year to enjoy ND football like this. Texas happens to be their next opponent. Thus I'm heavy on the ND/Texas talk. Sorry.

Where are you coming up with this crap?

Ummm actually I just cant discuss any of that with you.... your logic doesnt work for everyone.. just for the benefit of ND.... let me explain - a more experienced line will be beneficial for you even if you lose a few starters... but us bringing back damn near our ENTIRE lines with some freshman AA mixed in there will struggle bc Freshamn AA arent on the same level as regular AA's........

What does our OL being older and more developed have to do with your OL at all?

When did I say your 2016 OL would be worse than your 2015 OL?

Is pointing out that starting a True Frosh at one of the hardest OL positions to play early at "unfair" now?
It's only objective to assume that players who have never played a single snap of CFB will suddnely be great at directing the OL, holding up at the POA, and playing consistently??

It's now unfair to point out that "Frosh All-American's" are only picked from a small group, especially along the OL, and that many of the top OLs in football don't play as True Frosh?

Your rb vs our LB is a push in your mind bc you are a domer - you have no proven threat at RB yet we have monsters lined up for days at LB including another freshman AA and probably concencus AA for the rest of his career in Malik, but its a push..... .

We have no proven threat at RB?
But Texas has proven studs??

Compare ND's Top2 2016 RBs to Texas's

Folston v. Foreman
1700 Yards v. 1100 Yards
10 TDs v. 9 TDs
5.2 YPC v. 6.5 YPC

Adams v. Warren
875 Yards v. 475 Yards
7 TDs v. 4 TDs
7.2 YPC v. 6.2 YPC

Think about that, as excited as Texas fans are about their RBs........Notre Dame actually has MORE PROVEN studs at RB than Texas

And it's unreasonable that makes a "push" against an LB core that only has 1 proven player and was a part of a #87 Scoring Defense??

your WR vs our DB is a push bc you are a domer... there is a reason we are DBU and why our defensive backfield in considered to be one of the best this year with the talent we have back there, both returning and stepping in.. but yeah its a push....

Did you just use the argument "We've had good DBs in the past" as an attempt to prove that your DBs are in fact proven???
(and not just talented but unproven, as I said)

Who considers Texas to have one of the best DB units in CFB for 2016?

Anyone other than Texas fans??

You rail on and on with your pro ND shit and downplay anything remotely similar for Texas as being worthless.... cant have it both ways. You come with pro ND sites and articles and act like thats factual.

I've been equal on both sides.

That's wh I gave respect to Texas talent at DB, despite it's lack of proof and production.
(similar to ND's WRs)

That's why I would respect Texas's RB similar to ND's RB's.......despite ND's being more proven at an equal (or younger) age.

Where are you actually seeing me be unfair?
(specifically)

You see the line in Vegas shrinking and you think it is bc everyone just decided the game was gonna be a blowout and they adjusted, when in reality Texas has a solid chance to beat you guys if we get DECENT qb play. The line started at 10 and is down to 3... and all this after spring camps etc and coaches evaluations of incoming and current talent..... Everyone that isnt a domer can see that ppl believe Texas can and will beat ND, and it is starting to influence the line..... .

When did I say any of that?

Are you just making things up??

I said that the current betting is a good trend for Texas, as clearly there are large bets taking Texas+Points

It will be interesting to see where the line actually ends

You remind me of an aggy....... the only thing stopping you from being AS pathetic as them is that ND actually has won something of merit on a national stage...but you still act like those inbred cultish retards that alwys think their team is gona win and will rail out excuse, errr example after example about why they will crush...... and if you keep track on those guys - they ALWAYS fall off and oerestimate how god they will be... .

So discussing actual football specifics bothers you?

Or is it the fact that ND completely OWNS Texas?

Truth be told sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself you guys will win and not us...... the more i read and hear about the game, the more confident i am in us beating your asses.

I'd be interested in hearing (specifically) what's making you feel good?

The play of one unit definitely affects the perception of another unit

But it doesn't completely invalidate it, as you're trying to say

LSU has absolutely no QB play........but their WR Dupre is respected as one of the best in the nation
Florida may have even worse QB......but their WR Calloway is respected as a high level WR as well

Acting like Texas has "All-World" WR's who are only overlooked because of the QB is just a step too far, because that's not happening to others

Then learn the game. Its impossible to talk to you guys. We get stuff like well so and so has this unit ranked 21st and this unit ranked who gives a crap. Saying this guy had these stats and that guy had these stats is useless fan boy stuff. If have a front that can get pressure with 4-5 guys your secondary will look pretty good numbers wise, no pass rush then they might not look as good. Honestly the guy to listen to is clob. former player gets to go watch practice every now and then great insight. Don't really listen to all the other stuff. Mostly noise and click bait.

If you really want to talk football look at our spring game. Mostly 11 or 20 personnel. 11 the favorite formation was tight trips. 20 looked like 11 but the TE was in the back field in a tight slot. It looks like 60% of the runs were veer or inverted veer. (qb reads unblocked end). How is that going affect scheme. Is there a DE, LB alignment that can be picked on? What is the secondary going to do vs 11? Are they going to go Nickle? Vs the veer a safety has to run the alley because the tackle or tight end go straight to the second level. Is there a safety that is a poor tackler or who may not do well against the two big backs? Does ND flip corners? If we go tight trips to the boundary on the short side will they single cover Burt on the wide side of the field? If they will is there a corner that may be exposed?

Then learn the game. Its impossible to talk to you guys. We get stuff like well so and so has this unit ranked 21st and this unit ranked who gives a crap. Saying this guy had these stats and that guy had these stats is useless fan boy stuff. If have a front that can get pressure with 4-5 guys your secondary will look pretty good numbers wise, no pass rush then they might not look as good. Honestly the guy to listen to is clob. former player gets to go watch practice every now and then great insight. Don't really listen to all the other stuff. Mostly noise and click bait.

If you really want to talk football look at our spring game. Mostly 11 or 20 personnel. 11 the favorite formation was tight trips. 20 looked like 11 but the TE was in the back field in a tight slot. It looks like 60% of the runs were veer or inverted veer. (qb reads unblocked end). How is that going affect scheme. Is there a DE, LB alignment that can be picked on? What is the secondary going to do vs 11? Are they going to go Nickle? Vs the veer a safety has to run the alley because the tackle or tight end go straight to the second level. Is there a safety that is a poor tackler or who may not do well against the two big backs? Does ND flip corners? If we go tight trips to the boundary on the short side will they single cover Burt on the wide side of the field? If they will is there a corner that may be exposed?

Well, us making points that are actual points made by professional scouts makes a lot more sense than just saying our or your opinions.
Fan boys are actually those who BLINDLY think their team can do no wrong. You lost by 35 last year. You were 5-7. Those are the only things we know for fact. And if we are going to talk about what we think will happen all we can do is listen to the professionals. Because they aren't biased & they know better than us.

As for actual football talk, I do understand the game. I (poorly) played D1 safety for one year before deciding (along with my coaches) I sucked & just went military full time. The thing is none of what you said scheme wise is easy to talk about because all of that can be easily blown up by talent. I watched Texas line up pre-snap on 3rd down last year on the first scoring drive & fool Zaire & NDs stud left tackle Stanley, blitz a free man off the edge & execute the perfect scheme. Then Zaire simply sidesteps the free rusher & throws a perfect strike 20 yards for a 1st down on a well covered receiver. The 2nd TD Adams (4th string & true freshman) is inside the 10, with an unblocked LB & DB in the open field, makes one cut & both miss tackle & he scores. They were in the correct place, just didn't make a routine play. The whole game was that way. Texas ran a good scheme, players in good position, but just lost all the man on man battles. That is why unit rankings & personnel rankings are important. Because players can destroy great schemes through pure talent & execution.

What game were you watching, We had guys in the secondary that couldn't cover a simple out route, we had poor gap control all night, our true freshman middle line backer was out of position, over ran plays, our secondary couldn't get lined up and I don't even want to talk about the offense. There is a reason Watson and Wickline lost their play calling duties after the first game.

Ok yeah, you are making stuff up about the first game. The condensed version is on youtube. First scoring drive. 3 and 11 from the 16 Texas rushes 4. Ziare steps up into a clean pocket and hits the outside guy who runs basically a post and catches the ball in front of GDDH. Corner starts on the outside guy and either a back or receiver is wide open in the flats so the corner bails and leaves the post open. If he stays the guy in the flats walks in. Blown assignment. Like I said, no talking to you guys.

Ok yeah, you are making stuff up about the first game. The condensed version is on youtube. First scoring drive. 3 and 11 from the 16 Texas rushes 4. Ziare steps up into a clean pocket and hits the outside guy who runs basically a post and catches the ball in front of GDDH. Corner starts on the outside guy and either a back or receiver is wide open in the flats so the corner bails and leaves the post open. If he stays the guy in the flats walks in. Blown assignment. Like I said, no talking to you guys.

Yeah, I have seen all the condensed ND games online. The whole season is up. We have had them here for months on the ND sports information site. Ive seen the Texas game multiple times.

The play im talking about happened before that. Rewind your game & watch the 3rd & long on NDs side of the field. Free rusher, Zaire sidesteps, throws dart to Fuller for first down. I can get the exact game clock time if you like?
You just choose to see what you want to see. That's what happens in a blowout.

The score was 38-3. It wasn't missed assignments here & there. It was total domination from end to end.
Total domination. Period.
You beat OU by 7 & act like you destroyed them. You lose by 30-effing-5 & pretend it was mistakes here & there? Lol. Okay. You win.

Missed assignments. All the way down the field 6 different possessions in little over 3 quarters? And you can't talk to us guys? Lol. Classic.

Yeah, I have seen all the condensed ND games online. The whole season is up. We have had them here for months on the ND sports information site. Ive seen the Texas game multiple times.

The play im talking about happened before that. Rewind your game & watch the 3rd & long on NDs side of the field. Free rusher, Zaire sidesteps, throws dart to Fuller for first down. I can get the exact game clock time if you like?
You just choose to see what you want to see. That's what happens in a blowout.

The score was 38-3. It wasn't missed assignments here & there. It was total domination from end to end.
Total domination. Period.
You beat OU by 7 & act like you destroyed them. You lose by 30-effing-5 & pretend it was mistakes here & there? Lol. Okay. You win.

Missed assignments. All the way down the field 6 different possessions in little over 3 quarters? And you can't talk to us guys? Lol. Classic.

There was only one 3rd down on the ND side of the field at 13:38 3 and 7 at the 28, Texas brings 4, Ziare has tons of time and a clean pocket the receiver on the left runs a dig and is wide open because our true freshman linebacker doesn't get enough depth on his drop. Only other third down on the drive.

Not many of us were expecting to win but not may of us were expecting that. It wasn't mistakes here and there. It was mistakes on damn near every play. Too many times guys were in the wrong place pre snap, didn't maintain their gaps, got blocked and stayed blocked and like I said I don't even want to talk about the offense. We had similar repeat performances against Iowa State and TCU. When you play that bad against a more talented things blowouts like that happen. Its not like we played the perfect game and just got beat by a better team. We played like crap and got destroyed by a better team.

This year I am still not expecting a win but I do expect us to line up correctly and no consistently blow assignments and at lest play a competitive game. What gives me nightmares is our up tempo offense will not possess the ball leaving our super thin D on field for 33-35 minutes on a hot summer night meaning True feshman and red shirt freshman playing in their first game are going to get lots of snaps.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I found the play. 1st quarter 1:45 2nd and 7. The screw up is not on Stanley. He is covered. The DT took A gap the DE Took B gap. Ziare didn't adjust his protection, Cole is the 5th guy and comes of the edge and takes a horrible angle and loses outside contain. I have no idea what the coverage looks like at the top of the route. 30 is going to be the senior this year and will probably be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart at LB. 24 will probably be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart at corner. I believe both guys lost their jobs to true freshman later in the season.

That was us all year. I don't know how many times I saw guys lose contain. It was sickening.

They're gonna play the game. What's on paper means very little depending on how they each show up. ND probably comes in thinking it won't be much of a task, hopefully that bites them in the ass.

Reactions: oldhorn2
It probably doesn't matter much but ND will be without one of their corners.

Butler (injured CB) likely wouldn't have played much on defense, as he was the #4 or #5 CB all fall...and that's before any of the 3 Frosh arrive.

But he would have played a lot on Special Teams and helped us significantly on our kick/punt coverage units

For all those Longhorn and Irish fans concerned about Texas starting a freshman on the O-line please remember this:

Florida State beat Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl (Citrus Bowl) when due to massive O-line injuries they were forced to start 5 freshmen on the O-line and a soph QB (EJ Manuel) who played the game with a broken leg! FSU started out slowly but the 5 freshmen quickly caught on and with that experience went on to win the NC in 2013.

For all those Longhorn and Irish fans concerned about Texas starting a freshman on the O-line please remember this:

Florida State beat Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl (Citrus Bowl) when due to massive O-line injuries they were forced to start 5 freshmen on the O-line and a soph QB (EJ Manuel) who played the game with a broken leg! FSU started out slowly but the 5 freshmen quickly caught on and with that experience went on to win the NC in 2013.

Also recall, those were not all True Frosh nor was ND/FSU early in the season,....in fact it was a bowl game.

Also remember...ND played FSU with a DL comprised of only Frosh as well

And the FSU QB was a 3rd Year Player (RS Soph)

So the comparison is limited...boardering on completely useless

Texas will actually have fewer starts across its OL come the ND/Texas game than the FSU OL that faced ND in that bowl game

And ND won't be starting a single Frosh on the DL
(Instead of every single starting DL being a Frosh)

That's some real food for thought

RE: " Texas will actually have fewer starts across its OL come the ND/Texas game than the FSU OL that faced ND in that bowl game"

They were a mixture of true and red shirt freshmen and I don't know if your staatement above is true?

Point is it all depends on the ability of said freshmen. Some are ready, many are not. They will have a lot to prove.

RE: " Texas will actually have fewer starts across its OL come the ND/Texas game than the FSU OL that faced ND in that bowl game"

They were a mixture of true and red shirt freshmen and I don't know if your staatement above is true?

Point is it all depends on the ability of said freshmen. Some are ready, many are not. They will have a lot to prove.

There is a HUGE difference between True Frosh and RS Frosh.

Having a year or more in a major CFB words program, training with the team, etc. is a game changer on the OL.

And Texas is looking at having fewer than 50 starts on the OL come the ND/Texas game...with AT LEAST one for the OL making their first ever CFB start...meaning FSU's OL was actually more seasoned than Texas's will be.

And that's without wven considering that ND played FSU with an All-Frosh DL....and their won't be a single Frosh the ND 2016 Starting DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT