ADVERTISEMENT

Video of FSU QB clocking a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find a longer video here which shows a couple minutes after the punch landed.
link

shows a few minutes after the punch, and the woman did get a lot of help/sympathy from those nearby, and was taken behind the bar and presumably to manager or bathroom by staff.

Appearing on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday, Baez said Johnson was not the initial aggressor, but is "owning this" and trying to learn from the experience.
Baez said the woman raised her fist and shouted "racial epithets" at Johnson after he accidentally made contact with her while they waited to order at the bar.
Baez said Johnson tried to "de-escalate the situation," but the woman "kneed him in the groin area" and "took another swing before he retaliated."
"It wasn't until she struck him twice that he reacted," Baez told NBC. "But he is very ... he is very regretful that he didn't turn around and walk away immediately."
link

I think he'd be smart to plead guilty or 'no contest', settle with the girl, take his lumps, apologize to all concerned, take an anger management class and then try to find a place to land.

Hook 'em

How is she not facing charges also? She instigated, she purposely tried to block him from getting to the bar, she immediately turns and raises her fists. He tries to calm her down and de-escalate, at which point she knees him in the groin to move him backward and swing at his face with her left arm. He shouldn't have hit her, but she is definitely culpable in all this too and should be held accountable for her actions.

Stupid and drunk moves by both but that can happen in a bar.She was not a lady and we do not know what was said.He will not be coming to Texas;Since he was kicked off the team ,he will have a long time to think about it.

Not sure what you some of you guys in this thread and the other thread are seeing but she only purposefully punched him in the shoulder of the arm that had her right arm bound. Maybe just me, but it seems like she was trying to get him to let loose of her arm. I don't see any attempt to punch him in the face or even punch him hard enough to matter.

How is she not facing charges also? She instigated, she purposely tried to block him from getting to the bar, she immediately turns and raises her fists. He tries to calm her down and de-escalate, at which point she knees him in the groin to move him backward and swing at his face with her left arm. He shouldn't have hit her, but she is definitely culpable in all this too and should be held accountable for her actions.

Ok so again none of us know the whole story. Allegedly he really started it by pushing her aside and saying something well before any of the video stuff happened.

But the bottom line is that HE is facing charges because HE assaulted her by punching her. I don't care too much about the he said/she said of who talked smack to who or who bumped who. He threw the violent punch. He is the one facing charges because his actions were against the law. I am not sure the spin the lawyer is giving isn't embellished. But regardless I don't think her push of him off he is illegal. Him punching her in the face IS.

She isn't some innocent victim. But she is the victim here. And nothing she did, deserved a punch in the face by a grown man (or more like a grown boy because men simply don't retaliate to such a high degree like that).

Lets just say she sneezed on him and he is allergic to snot..........does he get a pass for pulling a gun out and shooting her nose off? C'mon. You don't defend stupid with more stupid. And two wrongs don't make a right. And one wrong doesn't mean you can go off half cocked.

Both should be prosecuted for assault. Neither a man, nor a woman should put their hands on the other. Women shouldn't get a pass for being the instigator and throwing the first punch.

Thank you for saying this! Most fools on here think Mixon just went up and hit her for no reason. It is not right for a woman to hit a man just for the he'll of it and nothing happens. For you guys saying you would never hit a woman you must not have kids. If a woman put a hand on mine I would end it real quick. The point is you should hit someone and not expect to get hit back

Thank you for saying this! Most fools on here think Mixon just went up and hit her for no reason. It is not right for a woman to hit a man just for the he'll of it and nothing happens. For you guys saying you would never hit a woman you must not have kids. If a woman put a hand on mine I would end it real quick. The point is you should hit someone and not expect to get hit back

You just told two different stories.

Sure you can defend your kids. And sure if your life is in danger you can defend yourself.

You can't just go off and accelerate a situation significantly though and call it self defense. Like someone calls you an inappropriate name so you can smash their face in. Doesn't work that way. Words hurt. People misusing them aren't innocent. Girls shouldn't get passes just for having boobs. But guys also shouldn't punch women at a bar just because he pushed her in line. She got butt hurt about it and confronted him. So he coldly dents in her face. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. And discretion is sometimes the better part of valor.

It isn't ok to defend one heinous act by pointing out a lesser wrong and acting like that dictated the heinous act. Neither party here is blameless. But the girl didn't need to be smoked in the face. I am glad though that he seems to be owning his actions. That is where the growth is. His lawyer on the other hand is doing his job in blaming the girl. Straight out of the page of Bob..........and now I know why you buy that theory.

And defending what Mixon did is sad.

Mixon wasn't defending some innocent child's life, nor his own. He was acting a fool.

No one ever said he just randomly walked up and caved in a girls face. No was said she was completely innocent. But what happened to her was a criminal act. It was over the line. His punishment was a joke. And most of the NCAA and the world agrees here.

Don't go changing the story to act like he was some innocent victim saving the world and we are wrong for thinking different. That was NOT the case. Not even close.

You don't have to go far to read your own bias OU writers who saw the video and walked away feeling queasy about what he did.

And you are really going to imply she deserved it and he had no excuse but to act how he did? I don't care if the girl stole his money or his car or his weed or slept with his best friend or called him a name that hurt his feelings. Doesn't mean he can shoot her in the leg or punch her in the face or rape her or whatever. It isn't ok. And to blame his ridiculous act on her instigating it......not ok. No one said she was totally blameless. But she didn't deserve to get her face caved in by a grown ass man.

What saddest about your post is that If he didn't play football (or better yet say she was your daughter)......you wouldn't be defending him and bashing people who say he should have been punished (more than a redshirt year which many kids take willingly and to further their careers by packing on weight and learning the system....sorry thats not a punishment, it helps his career).

What is true about my post, is I'd say the exact same thing if he was a UT player. And have in the past. Getting a scholarship is a privilege. And you can lose that privilege for any number of reasons.

Last edited:
Like I said, people who condone a strong football player hitting a girl in the face are POS human beings.

So he was protecting his children? You POS apologists are sickening. Wonder how you'd feel if he'd hit your daughter.

So it now is okay to say a racist remark and it is okay?
Was the remark funny?

i-was-stuck-behind-this-super-safe-asian-driver-this-morning-49460.png

Not trying to defend anyone because they likely are cowards, but it's basically a 4 second clip with the first 3 seconds of it being standard drunk trash bullshit which I am sure that bar has no shortage of.
I've seen the whole video. It is much more evident in that one. It's a couple of minutes long.

JSTO was also one of the ones on here defending all things Brown and towing the company line that he just recruited "good kids" all the while the rap sheets told a different story. Bobino says howdy JSTO. I know, I know they became bad kids before and after attending UT. Kind of funny how that happened don't ya think? Not sure how Bobino avoided prosecution? I guess the judge figured getting knocked out by Huerta was punishment enough?

Bobino says howdy JSTO.
Bobino wasn't on the team anymore when he did that and he damn sure wouldn't have remained at UT like your multiple OU wife beaters: Chaisson, DGB, Shannon and Mixon. Fail.

Both should be prosecuted for assault. Neither a man, nor a woman should put their hands on the other. Women shouldn't get a pass for being the instigator and throwing the first punch.
He's holding on to her... For all we know, she's saying...Let go of me when she takes a jab!

Ok so again none of us know the whole story. Allegedly he really started it by pushing her aside and saying something well before any of the video stuff happened.

But the bottom line is that HE is facing charges because HE assaulted her by punching her. I don't care too much about the he said/she said of who talked smack to who or who bumped who. He threw the violent punch. He is the one facing charges because his actions were against the law. I am not sure the spin the lawyer is giving isn't embellished. But regardless I don't think her push of him off he is illegal. Him punching her in the face IS.

She isn't some innocent victim. But she is the victim here. And nothing she did, deserved a punch in the face by a grown man (or more like a grown boy because men simply don't retaliate to such a high degree like that).

Lets just say she sneezed on him and he is allergic to snot..........does he get a pass for pulling a gun out and shooting her nose off? C'mon. You don't defend stupid with more stupid. And two wrongs don't make a right. And one wrong doesn't mean you can go off half cocked.

I never said she deserved to be punched, she didn't. No man should ever raise his hand to hit a woman, but she doesn't deserve to walk away from this without charges. Women shouldn't be allowed to raise fists, kick, throw punches at men just because they have boobs and men don't. I don't care if a man is stronger than a woman, I'm not going to walk up to JJ Watt and start throwing punches/kicks at him expecting to not suffer the consequences of my actions. She raised the first fist, threw the first blows (doesn't matter how strong you are), if she had done this to another woman, we'd be calling for her to get assault charges. It's no different, he shouldn't have hit her, but she shouldn't be let off unpunished. She is the victim of his punch, but she is also the one who hit first.

He's holding on to her... For all we know, she's saying...Let go of me when she takes a jab!

It is plain to see in the Video I posted that they are both making their way to the bar (where they were or what they were doing before I have no idea), she leans her head back (says something to him), he nudges in and appears to bump into her, she definitely says something and balls up her right fist and arm, he then grabs her right arm and she again says something (he and witnesses say she called him a f***ing n***er) and then knees him in the nuts and swings at him with her left arm. He then punches her (which is the 100% wrong thing to do). They should both be charged with assault.

Alright, I watched the video. Drunk chick standing at bar, he was all up on her trying to slip in and get a drink, she runs her mouth.........this is where you walk away. It's all on him!

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe anyone would blame the woman here. It is really sickening. I don't understand how everyone just watched this happen. This kid should have had his a$$ kicked for good measure.

$ooners never don't defend violence against women. "He shouldn't have done it but look at her..." Disgusting.

Reactions: Chuckpoo
Legally he's allowed to defend himself if she is assaulting him, and attacks to the groin and punches thrown is certainly assault. He's not legally bound to have to walk away just because she is a girl. Whether or not his punch is was reasonable self defense will be up to the jury if it gets that far. Morally he should have just walk away.

Doesn't anybody wonder what he was doing at a bar ordering a drink? He's not 21...................

Not all bars require you to be over 21, if you have a wriststrap (or some other means to mark that you're under 21) the bartender will only serve you nonalcoholic drinks.

Apparently it's impossible for college football players who can bench press 350+ pounds to extricate themselves from drunk girls in bar/restaurant situations. Punching the girls in the face with all of their force seems to be the only solution. Got it.

Apparently it's impossible for college football players who can bench press 350+ pounds to extricate themselves from drunk girls in bar/restaurant situations. Punching the girls in the face with all of their force seems to be the only solution. Got it.

Are you making a statement about morals or the law? Chivalry is not a law, but it's certainly a social norm. I am glad he lost his scholarship because if there are witnesses to the above fact pattern being accurate I doubt he gets much legal punishment, but he certainly deserves social punishment.

Last edited:
Bobino wasn't on the team anymore when he did that and he damn sure wouldn't have remained at UT like your multiple OU wife beaters: Chaisson, DGB, Shannon and Mixon. Fail.
Exactly Scholz. Just another example of a thug who supposedly became a thug AFTER he left right? Keep telling yourself that, you've actually convince yourself they were good kids to begin with. The kook aid guzzling never ends with some I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT