ADVERTISEMENT

Was I Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand your feelings and attachment to your pups, but yep, you were definitely wrong.
Bringing your dogs to anyones house is out of line if they don't want them there; and their request not to have them there is not out of line.

OP's gift to his family this Christmas is the best I have ever seen. No wonder the world is going to dogs.

Originally posted by rjenk:
Not a fan of people who travel with their pets. Had an Uncle growing up who always brought his dog. People talked about that damn dog they treated like a child! Not everyone is a fan of having a pet in their home.

Sorry! Love dogs just don't want other peoples dogs in my house.

I think you were wrong. I agree with rjenk, I am not a fan of people who bring their dogs to my house. If you have a RV and your dog stays in your RV the whole time then I think it would be OK to take them with you.

Wow---entertaining and disturbing all at once!!!!For what it's worth--probably nothing--my assessment of people who are OVERLY devoted to their pets is that something is lacking in their human relationships----either they didn't have children and regret that or they have trouble making or keeping friends or they distrust people --or something else with emotional overtones.

As a pet owner who chooses to let my pets live outside (we live on 2000 acres and I feel it is cruel to keep a large dog who was meant to run --caged up) I do NOT understand visitors that assume I want their pets inside my home.If I wanted an inside dog, I would have one.I think it is extremely rude--especially during a holiday time to expect a host to deal with extra work and issues like do the other guests LIKE having animals underfoot or could they be allergic etc etc.

Like other posters on here I feel the OP used the dogs as an excuse to stay home.For all we know he had a very legitimate reason for wanting to do so--being treated badly when there etc but I doubt that because if it was the case , WHY would he need to post it here to justify his behavior? I don't buy into he is an old man set in his ways either.I think it was more likely a power struggle between him and his 2nd wife.He thinks he won but since I am a woman, I wouldn't be too sure of that just yet.

holdem...I guess you would have to ask my kids about that. My son will be in the Austin area for the next week or so. If you would like, I'm sure he would meet with you to discuss my parenting or the lack of.

Originally posted by Armadillo Slim:
damn, between this and the split the check thread, there are a shitload of panties wadded up.

must be the post Christmas (Chrystmas?) blues.

let's everybody take a deep breath, exhale and get back to loving each other.

you know, we all have our quirks and indiscretionary moments. i've got more than i can say grace over just worrying about myself to be bothering with passing judgment on others for their special issues.

oh wait, it's OB....i forgot where i was for a second. oh well, carry on....

This post was edited on 12/26 4:14 PM by Armadillo Slim
Bullcrap. I'll fight to the death my right to pass judgement on others beyond the cloak of anonymity. And yes, OP s a dumbass and despite what he says, his wife is gonna kick his ass somehow, someway.

Sounds like if you were that adamant about the situation you didn't really want to go in the first place. Kenneling dogs is not that big of a deal, and I guarantee it would not have killed them. If they are claustrophobic then the person on duty would not have tortured them by leaving them in a cage. I have an uncle who used to bring his dog to family functions all the time. I love him to death but always felt that was very selfish of him.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, I actually lived in Midland for a while and if my Parents or in-laws were coming in they could have brought a pair of elaphants with them and I would have been glad to see them.

The daughter played it her way and did not back down either. I guess I say this a little strongly as our parents have passed but I always did what I could for the people that had done as much as they had for me. I agree with the OP.

Originally posted by 121347:
holdem...I guess you would have to ask my kids about that. My son will be in the Austin area for the next week or so. If you would like, I'm sure he would meet with you to discuss my parenting or the lack of.

I will repeat it again, if can compare your love for your children with your love for your f-ing dogs then you are a flawed human. I would tell it to your face if I ever met you, one is your offspring and another if a dog for pete sake! You are just messed up in the head.

I would challenge you to tell your child that your dog means just as much to you as he does and see what kind of reaction he give you. Better yet, explain to him that if you had to save either his life or your dog's that you'd have to think about because your love is so equally divided. You are piece of work buddy.

Originally posted by Horn Player:
You were wrong and agree with BurntO

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

This and this.

Seems pretty obvious you don't have much of a relationship with your step daughter-in-law. That's obviously your business but certainly seems you are hiding behind the dogs. The fact your wife was "understanding" is telling also. Hey, it was your choice but realize you picked a couple of dogs over family.

Even more hilarious than the post claiming that there are piles of dead dogs on the side of Texas roads is the insinuation that these piles of dead dogs are due to heartless humans. I see hundreds of dead deer along the roads from my house to work every October through November. I assume much of the state sees this. Am
I to assume that heartless humans are responsible?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Seems like most sides said, "my dogs are more important than my relationship with you." You had the opportunity to prove that wasn't true, and didn't. Everyone has the right to become more inflexible as they grow older, but realize there is a cost to others and to yourself for your inflexibility. Life is about choices, so make the ones you can live with.

I had this buddy who basically forced his cat upon me and my roommate because he left to become a trucker. Well, we were big partiers back then. Either me or my good friend Beef (you should see this guy), left the screen door open and the cat escaped. Trucker friend came back into town and was actually pretty understanding. But, when he got drunk, he'd go in a fit and say "you killed my best friend Beef!! You killed my best friend you fat fock!!" We'd all try to calm him down and say "it's just a cat, he's not really your best friend" and he said we just didn't get it.

Cat came back 4 months later, no joke, and ran away again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT