ADVERTISEMENT

Was I Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by donjuanovan:
Originally posted by EyesOfTX:
There is no one more annoying than a person who insists on traveling with his or her dogs, and expect others to adopt their own house rules to his or her liking.

Unreal that this is even a question. Even more unreal that anyone actually supports your decision. Sheesh.

Hook 'em!!!

+1000%

This, I would never bring my dogs to someones house, & I dont want them bringing their dogs to my house, no matter how 'human friendly' they are. Leave them in the backyard with plenty of food & water, if not that take to a nice kennel. The dogs wont be traumatized be being without you for a few days.

Family >>>>>>>> Dogs

Wow! Never thought I would get this many responses. Sorry for the delay in reposting. My daughters and grandkids came by to visit with me for a few hours and I had a wonderful dinner at my sisters house,and watched the Cowboy game there.

I called my wife early Christmas morning and she is fine. She's having a great time with her daughter and grandkids. Her daughter and son-in-law actually hold no ill feelings toward me. They understand how I feel about my pets.

To those of you that didn't agree with my decision,I certainly understand your position on this matter.Contrary to what some of you believe,this will not affect my relationship with my wife or her family.

My wife's coming home today and,yes, I will have great sex tonight. I may even let my dogs watch.That will be our Christmas present to them. Now that should get some more replys from some of you.

Hope all my O.B. friends had a very merry christmas. Now,let's hire some great coaches.

Wow. Just, wow.

Good for you. You've obviously got your family trained as well as your dogs.

Hook 'em!!!

When my only child/daughter left home and went off to college - I made a rule at our house - nothing else (animals) with bowels.

We had great danes, a doberman, cats (a bunch of them), etc. and I had just had it - my life is a lot easier since I made that rule.
tired.gif

This post was edited on 12/26 8:39 AM by Hornya

Originally posted by GDforHC:
Originally posted by 2000 Man:
Originally posted by BiggdanTX:
Wrong. People are always more important than animals

uh...no.

service dogs, seeing-eye dogs, police dogs are more important (and overall better beings) than rapists, murderers, thieves, etc.

i know this is a totally different conversation, but people are most certainly not always more important or "better" than dogs.

also, OP...there are places to put your dogs that are great - they play in a big room or yard with other dogs all day and then pass out all night...i love my dogs as much as anyone, but they love going to those places (i assume they do - they are excited when getting dropped off there, unlike the vet, where they try to haul ass the other direction as soon as they smell the place).
This post was edited on 12/25 10:50 PM by 2000 Man
wow, really?

yes, really. not sure what part of that you disagree with. i understand that this particular post is tangential to the topic...maybe that's what evoked a "wow."

Selfish, stupid, immature, and yes, wrong. I really feel terrible for your poor wife. Must suck for her being married to Paris Gabor!

But I'm with ya on one thing, let's go hire some damn coaches!! Merry Christmas!!

I had to leave my 2 boxers, which I consider my children, with my step-sister and her husband in order to go be with my fiance and her family in Maryland.I also had to pay them a hundred bucks.I HATED leaving my dogs behind and its the first time I ever have. NOBODY will take care of your pets the way that you will!! Having said that, yes, I think you were wrong bc you shouldn't let animals control you Christmas.I think you problem with the situation runs deeper than that...

Originally posted by horn59:
Wow! Never thought I would get this many responses. Sorry for the delay in reposting. My daughters and grandkids came by to visit with me for a few hours and I had a wonderful dinner at my sisters house,and watched the Cowboy game there.

I called my wife early Christmas morning and she is fine. She's having a great time with her daughter and grandkids. Her daughter and son-in-law actually hold no ill feelings toward me. They understand how I feel about my pets.

To those of you that didn't agree with my decision,I certainly understand your position on this matter.Contrary to what some of you believe,this will not affect my relationship with my wife or her family.

My wife's coming home today and,yes, I will have great sex tonight. I may even let my dogs watch.That will be our Christmas present to them. Now that should get some more replys from some of you.

Hope all my O.B. friends had a very merry christmas. Now,let's hire some great coaches.
Wow. That got a little weird.

I had to think about this one for awhile. I first felt like you and by gosh if my dogs aren't welcome then I won't come either. Gut reaction.

Then I thought about what I tell people every day in divorces. Are you thinking about you and not what is important, your Grandchildren, children and family, step or not? The answer is clearly yes.

Also, I bet $10 this wasn't about her new puppy's. Your Stepdaughter is like a like of folks who don't like guests bringing pets to their home. That is more a a problem for some than others, but I bet that was more of the deal than anything else.

You should have bit the bullet for family harmony.

Originally posted by Horns0517:
Originally posted by brichits:
Originally posted by texas83:
The only wrong thing in this thread is those judging the (OP) for your decision. You have to go with what you feel is right.

If you believe this was the right thing to do than I am sure it was. I have to say that I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. People that say that dogs are not human are correct but they are also part of the family. If someone does not understand that then too bad.

Humans are intelligent, understanding and competent in most cases. Dogs on the other hand are limited in capacity and know or understand very little. Many dogs suffer from separation anxiety which can be very traumatic. Three days could possibly feel like a lifetime for them.

The members of your family should understand your position on this and respect it regardless. The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

Kudos to you for caring for your pets as you would a family member. Everyone in my family and my wife's family own a dog or multiple dogs and we have no issues bringing them to each others homes whether in state our out of state.

Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas. My family (including the five combined dogs) had an amazing day.

Very well stated. I agree 100%.

I think you're both couple of fruitcakes.

And I think you're a moron.

I would have to agree that you are acting way more like a fruitcake than he is acting like a moron.

And wow, OP is epic. First the dogs over the family, and then they get a creep show. Unbelievable.

Originally posted by 5-7 but If I could play:
The only wrong thing in this thread is those judging the (OP) for your decision. You have to go with what you feel is right.

If you believe this was the right thing to do than I am sure it was. I have to say that I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. People that say that dogs are not human are correct but they are also part of the family. If someone does not understand that then too bad.

Humans are intelligent, understanding and competent in most cases. Dogs on the other hand are limited in capacity and know or understand very little. Many dogs suffer from separation anxiety which can be very traumatic. Three days could possibly feel like a lifetime for them.

The members of your family should understand your position on this and respect it regardless. The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

Kudos to you for caring for your pets as you would a family member. Everyone in my family and my wife's family own a dog or multiple dogs and we have no issues bringing them to each others homes whether in state our out of state.

Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas. My family (including the five combined dogs) had an amazing day.

I would have to agree that you are acting way more like a fruitcake than he is acting like a moron.

And wow, OP is epic. First the dogs over the family, and then they get a creep show. Unbelievable.

I think 0517 is correct in thinking that I'm a moron. They are entitled to their opinion and I should not have turned this argument into a personal insult. Sorry.

Threads like this serve several purposes, but perhaps the most important purpose is to remind me that my wife's family aren't as crazy as others out there.

The creepiness of the 2nd post is built of the same insecurity that led to the circumstances of the 1st post.
This post was edited on 12/26 12:00 PM by groverat-UT

Originally posted by Vegas Horn:

Originally posted by cammac88:

Originally posted by BrianQueso:
Definitely not wrong, I feel the same way about my dogs being kenneled.

X2 my dogs are my committment
But your wife is not?

I don't have a family. I have two Boston Terriers that I will not board. That said, I would never ever impose upon somebody else to permit me to bring my dogs to their property/home. I hire people to stay in my home with the terriers when I must travel.

The in-laws brought their dog and mine tried to tear it up.

Makes perfect sense. If you chose the dogs I fully understand her being okay with you not being with her.

Why would you care if a fruitcake called you a moron?

You were wrong twice. Once for choosing your f*cking dogs over your family and again for asking a message board if you made the right call.

Man fail times two.

I will have great sex tonight. I may even let my dogs watch.That will be our Christmas present to them.

Video feed or GTFO.

Originally posted by EyesOfTX:
Wow. Just, wow.

Good for you. You've obviously got your family trained as well as your dogs.

Hook 'em!!!
+1 or maybe they were pleasantly surprised that he took himself out of the equation instead of them wishing he were at home with his dogs.

I think 0517 is correct in thinking that I'm a moron. They are entitled to their opinion and I should not have turned this argument into a personal insult. Sorry.

uhhh, no.... sorry or not you were right! They are fruit cakes! Fresh backed fruit cakes!!!

I started w new thread on this but will duplicate it here. Obviously there is a lot of passion regarding a family's dogs. This will not change anyone's mind on this subject but I think it will help explain the deep feelings. Rent/buy/watch this show that was aired on PBS' NOVA. Dogs Decoded. It helps explain the deep and almost spiritual connection between humans and dogs. It is a great show.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
This post was edited on 12/26 3:37 PM by texoz53

Originally posted by AlphaBruh:

uhhh, no.... sorry or not you were right! They are fruit cakes! Fresh backed fruit cakes!!!

This is why we have the internet. So wannabe tough guys can try and start shit on the internet. Good luck with that one high speed.
laugh.gif

I have been married to my wife for 25 years. We both have children from previous marriages.My girls live close to us and her daughter lives in Midland.We have always alternated Christmas locations. This year it was our turn to visit at Midland.My step daughter-in law told her mother this year I could not bring our dogs, as she had just bought her children two new puppies.

My two dogs are the best,well mannered,house broken,and love children.They wouldn't harm a fly.Although my wife was also shocked,she didn't want to cause a stir and told me we would have to kennel our dogs this year.I said,bullshit,if my dogs aren't welcome there,then I'm not either. I love my dogs and it would kill them to be in a kennel (for 3 days)away from us.They've never been in a kennel before.I have friends here who would have taken care of them,but most have family coming in, and I didn't want to impose on them.

Actually, my wife was very understanding with my refusal to go,and she said she would just go alone. I know she wanted to be with me as this is the first Christmas we would not be together.

My children will drop by for a brief visit with me,before going to their mothers for dinner. My sister lives close and I am going there for dinner today.

I know some of you will disagree with me,but I'm old and stubborn. I just couldn't do it.

Totally classless..... I'm dumbfounded.

Originally posted by 121347:
59.....alot of people don't realize just how attached we become to our second set of kids, (our dogs). I tend to side with you, but I understand the way the younger OBs feel about it. In the not too distant future when their kids have left the nest, and their lives slow down some of them get pets. Only then will they understand what you're going through. My wife left for NYC last night and I'm spending Christmas with Rose and Kate. Our Vizsla and Weimaraner. Merry Christmas to all!

If you can plausibly compare your dogs to your children, then you must not have been much of a parent.

You are completely wrong and need to get your priorities straight. They are dogs get over it. There are times when people's commitment to animals just blow my mind. How about your commitment to family first. You will likely own 5-10 dogs in your lifetime and all will be special but if you play your cards right you will only have one wife.

On second thought...

All I can think of when rereading this is that you are a selfish prick and likely will go through multiple marriages because you don't know the meaning of compromise.
This post was edited on 12/26 2:58 PM by djw314

damn, between this and the split the check thread, there are a shitload of panties wadded up.

must be the post Christmas (Chrystmas?) blues.

let's everybody take a deep breath, exhale and get back to loving each other.

you know, we all have our quirks and indiscretionary moments. i've got more than i can say grace over just worrying about myself to be bothering with passing judgment on others for their special issues.

oh wait, it's OB....i forgot where i was for a second. oh well, carry on....
This post was edited on 12/26 4:14 PM by Armadillo Slim

Wow - just read this thread. The OP's wife should divorce him immediately. One of the most selfish posts I've ever read. I think the 3-4 dog "lovers" on this thread might be criminally insane - just amazing some are this delusional about f'n dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT