ADVERTISEMENT

Was I Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....oh and..

6. I guess I'm just lucky, but I've driven over damn near this entire state and somehow I've missed the piles of dog carcasses along the roadside.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Biggio4HOF:
.....oh and..

6. I guess I'm just lucky, but I've driven over damn near this entire state and somehow I've missed the piles of dog carcasses along the roadside.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Wow. Either heartless or blind. I guess you can still have a driver's license in the first case though.

Originally posted by AlphaBruh:

Originally posted by 121347:
ab....no, I'm not trying to get mine up "also". So, now that we've determined your agenda. Take a break. You can't get to a 5000 in one evening. OK, but I'm going to do all the pitching. You may want to rub a little glove oil on that new mitt, just to loosen it up and get it ready for my low hard one. You're just too damn easy!
Silly kid, the fact that you even brought it up is more telling than anything I can do or say. I don't pay attention to post counts on any board that I post on. Means absolutely nothing to me. High post counts simply means you don't have much of a life outside of that board IMO. What's your count by the way? By the way, i'm at home for the evening, eating popcorn, watching the Cowboys and skimming the baord.... If you're bored and need someone to play catch with you we can do this all night..... or you can use what little brain you have and simply not read my posts.

This post was edited on 12/25 9:31 PM by AlphaBruh

Heartless....hahahaha

You're talking to a guy who just got done working back to back, 12-hour shifts at a kennel so others could be with their loved ones, while also knowing their dogs are out running, playing and having a great time.

There is no one more annoying than a person who insists on traveling with his or her dogs, and expect others to adopt their own house rules to his or her liking.

Unreal that this is even a question. Even more unreal that anyone actually supports your decision. Sheesh.

Hook 'em!!!

Originally posted by sfhorn:
Sorry - but you were wrong. Well mannered dogs or not, they asked that you not bring the pets. You pulled a power play that will cause more damage than you can ever imagine.

I agree. I thought only women do that.

Originally posted by texas83:
Originally posted by Biggio4HOF:
.....oh and..

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Wow. Either heartless or blind. I guess you can still have a driver's license in the first case though.

83, Very few share your opinion with the vast majority opposing you. You accuse everybody else of being, wrong, hillbillies, heartless, etc.. Ever consider you the one wrong? I too have failed to see all these dead dogs on the roadside that you speak of; I guess not seeing them makes me heartless too. Your posts regarding your relationship with your dogs have been creepy and even down right freaky, bordering on bestiality. It seems that you need counseling with regard to the relationship you have with your dogs.

Originally posted by BiggdanTX:
Wrong. People are always more important than animals

uh...no.

service dogs, seeing-eye dogs, police dogs are more important (and overall better beings) than rapists, murderers, thieves, etc.

i know this is a totally different conversation, but people are most certainly not always more important or "better" than dogs.

also, OP...there are places to put your dogs that are great - they play in a big room or yard with other dogs all day and then pass out all night...i love my dogs as much as anyone, but they love going to those places (i assume they do - they are excited when getting dropped off there, unlike the vet, where they try to haul ass the other direction as soon as they smell the place).
This post was edited on 12/25 10:50 PM by 2000 Man

These are the words that gave it away for me...

"My girls" and "her daughter"

I have been a "step" father and a father for over 25 years. When we met she had two girls and I had two boys and from that point on never did we have hers and mine. The only steps we had led to the front door.

I drove all night from Tulsa to Wichita Falls to Gainesville and back to Tulsa every Christmas Eve night until they all got old enough to drive. We made sure that me, my wife and our four kids were able to be together for Christmas.

To this day, more often than not, with ex's, daughter in laws, and son in laws, we all manage to get together one day for Christmas as an entire group. And that is truly the only thing I will ever want for Christmas. I can't imagine it any other way.

Oh, and not only do my kids not bring their dogs, cats or other pets, they understand why they shouldn't. We do take turns on whose dog gets the ham bone though.

These are the words that gave it away for me...

"My girls" and "her daughter"

I have been a "step" father and a father for over 25 years. When we met she had two girls and I had two boys and from that point on never did we have hers and mine. The only steps we had led to the front door.

I drove all night from Tulsa to Wichita Falls to Gainesville and back to Tulsa every Christmas Eve night until they all got old enough to drive. We made sure that me, my wife and our four kids were able to be together for Christmas.

To this day, more often than not, with ex's, daughter in laws, and son in laws, we all manage to get together one day for Christmas as an entire group. And that is truly the only thing I will ever want for Christmas. I can't imagine it any other way.

Oh, and not only do my kids not bring their dogs, cats or other pets, they understand why they shouldn't. We do take turns on whose dog gets the ham bone though.

Went running today, saw a dead possum. Bottom line, your priority is to be with your family in the holidays and #2, the owner of the house makes the rules. OP is a douche. My dogs, my dogs. I'm going to make a point at how much I love my dog, because I have so much resolve. I think he didn't want to go in the first place and used his mutts as an excuse.

It could be a f*cking show dog with f*cking papers that he can't board because it gets upset and its hair falls out. The f*cking dog has f*cking papers.

Originally posted by Horns0517:
The only wrong thing in this thread is those judging the (OP) for your decision. You have to go with what you feel is right.

If you believe this was the right thing to do than I am sure it was. I have to say that I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. People that say that dogs are not human are correct but they are also part of the family. If someone does not understand that then too bad.

Humans are intelligent, understanding and competent in most cases. Dogs on the other hand are limited in capacity and know or understand very little. Many dogs suffer from separation anxiety which can be very traumatic. Three days could possibly feel like a lifetime for them.

The members of your family should understand your position on this and respect it regardless. The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

Kudos to you for caring for your pets as you would a family member. Everyone in my family and my wife's family own a dog or multiple dogs and we have no issues bringing them to each others homes whether in state our out of state.

Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas. My family (including the five combined dogs) had an amazing day.

Very well stated. I agree 100%.

I think you're both couple of fruitcakes.

Originally posted by 2000 Man:
Originally posted by BiggdanTX:
Wrong. People are always more important than animals

uh...no.

service dogs, seeing-eye dogs, police dogs are more important (and overall better beings) than rapists, murderers, thieves, etc.

i know this is a totally different conversation, but people are most certainly not always more important or "better" than dogs.

also, OP...there are places to put your dogs that are great - they play in a big room or yard with other dogs all day and then pass out all night...i love my dogs as much as anyone, but they love going to those places (i assume they do - they are excited when getting dropped off there, unlike the vet, where they try to haul ass the other direction as soon as they smell the place).
This post was edited on 12/25 10:50 PM by 2000 Man
wow, really?

by McGarnagle at 12/25 11:14 PM

It could be a f*cking show dog with f*cking papers that he can't board because it gets upset and its hair falls out. The f*cking dog has f*cking papers.

------------------------------

OP could have saved himself much grief if he would have told us it was a Pomeranian in the first place.

I don't know everything about women, but I do know something about pissing them off. If you tell your wife of 25 years, "I'm not going to Christmas at 'your' daughter's house and it'll be our first Christmas apart, and it's because of the dogs", I think you're well on your way to a very chilly New Years, regardless of what the thermometer says.

Originally posted by horn59:

Actually, my wife was very understanding with my refusal to go,and she said she would just go alone. I know she wanted to be with me as this is the first Christmas we would not be together.

My children will drop by for a brief visit with me,before going to their mothers for dinner. M .
Your wife seems like a loyal lady with a good heart. She's the victim here.

Originally posted by EyesOfTX:
There is no one more annoying than a person who insists on traveling with his or her dogs, and expect others to adopt their own house rules to his or her liking.

Unreal that this is even a question. Even more unreal that anyone actually supports your decision. Sheesh.

Hook 'em!!!

+1000%

Also, kind of a generally embarrassing reflection on the caliber of some of the humans on OB that the original post was ever made and worse that several folks have either supported it or tried to excuse it. It is inexcusable, period. God did not make a dog out of Adam's rib and he did not say procreate to create children that you would ever treat or value less than an animal. I am glad to see the vast majority of posters have properly called the original poster out as wrong without equivocation.

Hell yes you are wrong. The fact that you had to get on OB to figure this out is ridiculous, man.

Christmas is a time for family, and while most of us value our pets as family too, we can't forget to put the people that mean the most in our lives first--especially when their emotions and feelings are going to be a bitch to fix compared to your dogs'!!

how regrettable!!

I am going to guess you feel guilty, or you wouldn't post this.

I don't like boarding my dog, but from my interpretation of this event - it sounds like you put your dogs before my wife and maybe you have some issues with the step kids.

Perhaps you hurt your wife, but she didn't want to make a big deal and ruin her trip to see her son.

If you want feedback - based on your message I think you were selfish, and immature. It sounds like you're kind of too old to be doing stupid stuff like that, but who am I to judge...

I think you probably did the right thing but you and your wife should be together too.

Originally posted by brichits:
The only wrong thing in this thread is those judging the (OP) for your decision. You have to go with what you feel is right.

If you believe this was the right thing to do than I am sure it was. I have to say that I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. People that say that dogs are not human are correct but they are also part of the family. If someone does not understand that then too bad.

Humans are intelligent, understanding and competent in most cases. Dogs on the other hand are limited in capacity and know or understand very little. Many dogs suffer from separation anxiety which can be very traumatic. Three days could possibly feel like a lifetime for them.

The members of your family should understand your position on this and respect it regardless. The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

Kudos to you for caring for your pets as you would a family member. Everyone in my family and my wife's family own a dog or multiple dogs and we have no issues bringing them to each others homes whether in state our out of state.

Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas. My family (including the five combined dogs) had an amazing day.

Very well stated. I agree 100%.

I think you're both couple of fruitcakes.

And I think you're a moron.

The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

They drop by because it's the right thing to do. They're worried about this lonely old man who abandoned his wife and family for the sake of his dog.

Originally posted by treefitty:
Life is all about choices - there really isn't a right and wrong about this. It's really a matter of you picking who you wish to disappoint and who you wish to honor. You made your choice and the consequences will follow. I'm not going to judge you and no one else should. I just hope you are happy and find contentment. Merry Christmas!

Nice philosophy. LOL.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by GDforHC:
The fact that they are dropping by to see you goes to show that they care and are likely not all that upset about it.

They drop by because it's the right thing to do. They're worried about this lonely old man who abandoned his wife and family for the sake of his dog.

You do an amazing job at twisting the story as well as judging someone whom you have no business judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT