ADVERTISEMENT

WS-Make your call: Astros vs Dodgers

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
So we start the WS tomorrow. It's Kershaw v DK, then Woods v Verlander. I'm guessing we take 1 of 2 there in LA. Come home and take 2 of 3, and return to LA and win game 7.
I don't know if a Morton/McCullers can duplicate what they did in game 7 against Yankees, but that was awesome.
Kershaw has been a little suspect giving up 4 dingers in one playoff game, perhaps Springer can wake up and get a dinger.

Astros in 7 (and I get a tat at the age of 53)

I've got a feeling that Stroz take it in 6. Split in LA, 2 of 3 in Houston then close game 6 in LA.
Post a pic of that tat oldmanstro!

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I say the Astros in 6 and Justin Verlander is the World Series MVP.

And once again when the chips are down Clayton Kershaw puckers up.

And the city of Houston is champions once again and for the first time wins the WS

And in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey the city of Houston has an extra special reason to rejoice.

Last edited:
I want the Astros but if Im being honest, Dodgers in 7.

If the Stros can get a split in the first 2 games then I like their chances.

Let me preface this by saying I don't have a dog in this fight but home field advantage is huge. The Astros are a different team at home. If it comes down to a Game 7 in L.A., I would have to bet heavily on the Dodgers.

That said, I'm a Cubs fan and we won it all last year after being down 3:1 in both the NLCS as well as the World Series. Sometimes it's just your year. Astros seem to be on a mission and are super fun to watch but the Dodgers' bats are white hot and their staff is lights out. Can't call it. Just hoping for a great series personally.

Good luck to the Stros fans. Pulling for you. I love the story. Gives all the teams hope and the city of Houston sure could use this.

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
Like I said, I just want to split in LA. It was a well pitched game by both teams, except DK made 1 more mistake than Kershaw.
I hope Verlander gets the same strike zone as Kershaw did at times. Altuve got hosed at one at bat.
Turner is a beast. Need our top of the lineup to heat up. As Altuve/Correa go, so does the team.

LA team is scary that lineup is solid top to bottom and Adrian Gonzales is not even in that lineup. LA top hitter is hitting 6th which is saying something. Should be a good series.

Tough break for Keuchel tonight. he got out pitched by Kershaw. But also the 100+ degree heat caused the ball to travel. I think the second homer would have stayed in on most October nights in LA.

still sticking with Astros in 6.

Was stuck in a bar last night full of dodger fans. It got heated at moments.

That's what everyone was hoping to see in this series. Great game. Big win for Houston.

Would love Stroz to rattle off 4 in a row but in reality we need to get at least 2 of 3 in Houston.

I didn't watch the game till the 8th inning. But what a game it was. They said that it was a World Series for most home runs (8) in one game. These teams match up very well. We could be in for a 7 game Series.

I didn't watch the game till the 8th inning. But what a game it was. They said that it was a World Series for most home runs (8) in one game. These teams match up very well. We could be in for a 7 game Series.

It's a great match up! I told my Dodger loving cousin that this will be a great WS. He sent me a message last night from LA basically saying that it was an unbelievable game last night. It was like two big heavy weights just slugging it out. Glad we came thru!

Very big win for the Astros last night. Huge! I have a big problem with Ken Giles though. He has been shaky since he came to Houston. Nothing is easy with this guy and he's straight garbage. He's already blown two games in the playoffs. Hinch is an idiot if he gives him the ball again in this series. They should use a combination of Devenski, Harris, McHugh, Musgrove and Peacock out of the bullpen and perhaps a starting pitcher mixed in if needed. No Giles. No Gregerson. No Liriano. Please!

Very big win for the Astros last night. Huge! I have a big problem with Ken Giles though. He has been shaky since he came to Houston. Nothing is easy with this guy and he's straight garbage. He's already blown two games in the playoffs. Hinch is an idiot if he gives him the ball again in this series. They should use a combination of Devenski, Harris, McHugh, Musgrove and Peacock out of the bullpen and perhaps a starting pitcher mixed in if needed. No Giles. No Gregerson. No Liriano. Please!

Not going to stop using him (Giles). He hasn't been great, but has been good. He just makes it nerve wracking. Not going to mix up roles now. I'm a fan of both Devo and Harris, but even they have had their bad moments this year. Harris was an All star last year, but hasn't had that magic this year. Devo started the year on fire and was unhittable the first half of the year, but after the break hasn't been himself. Hopefully last night returns some confidence in both himself and Hinch.
I loved the Morton/McCullers combo in game 7 against the Yankees, but looks like they are starting games 3 and 4 this weekend. I'm a little surprised that Peacock isn't getting a start since he was so good in regular season. I do agree with you on no Liriano and Gregerson though.
I'm trusting Hinch until the end, as he is manager of the year. Last nights game is going to do wonders going into the now best of 5, especially Springer, as he was pressing to much. Bregman is going to be a Allstar stud in the league btw. He hasn't even played a full 2 years yet. Glad we didn't trade him at the deadline.

Go 'Stros!! And Hook Em!!

Not going to stop using him (Giles). He hasn't been great, but has been good. He just makes it nerve wracking. Not going to mix up roles now. I'm a fan of both Devo and Harris, but even they have had their bad moments this year. Harris was an All star last year, but hasn't had that magic this year. Devo started the year on fire and was unhittable the first half of the year, but after the break hasn't been himself. Hopefully last night returns some confidence in both himself and Hinch.
I loved the Morton/McCullers combo in game 7 against the Yankees, but looks like they are starting games 3 and 4 this weekend. I'm a little surprised that Peacock isn't getting a start since he was so good in regular season. I do agree with you on no Liriano and Gregerson though.
I'm trusting Hinch until the end, as he is manager of the year. Last nights game is going to do wonders going into the now best of 5, especially Springer, as he was pressing to much. Bregman is going to be a Allstar stud in the league btw. He hasn't even played a full 2 years yet. Glad we didn't trade him at the deadline.

Go 'Stros!! And Hook Em!!

There is no consistent good pitcher in the BP and the way to go is pitcher by committee. We'll have to agree to disagree on Giles. I've checked out on him. The guy sucks, plain and simple. IMO, no way in hell Hinch should trot him out there and trust him to protect a lead. He should be shut down for the series and traded next year.

What shouldn't be done with Giles is have him pitch two innings. Not his deal. Also he pitched the ninth held the fort then sits through a long top half of the 10th. two homers etc. I think we needed to send Devo out right then. Giles is effective look at his season stats. (1.00 WHIP) However, he seems to give up a hit most innings. Need a clean slate for him.

There is no consistent good pitcher in the BP and the way to go is pitcher by committee. We'll have to agree to disagree on Giles. I've checked out on him. The guy sucks, plain and simple. IMO, no way in hell Hinch should trot him out there and trust him to protect a lead. He should be shut down for the series and traded next year.

Dodgers used 9 pitchers last night

Giles has certainly struggled in the playoffs but he was lights out late in the season.

There was plenty of chatter that George Springer needed to be dropped down in the lineup if not outright benched. After game 1 Monday night, he was 3 for 30 with 11 Ks since the beginning of the ALCS. He responded by going 3 for 5 with a walk and had the biggest hit in the history of the Astros.

Giles is certainly capable of having the same turnaround. Again, at one point late in the season, he was one of the top closers in baseball.

Reactions: Tired Horn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT