ADVERTISEMENT

16 years since I lost my Brody Bug

a_hornsfan

Level 1 Insider
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2001
Today makes it 16 years since Brody passed away. It just really doesn't seem right to say that, but here we are.

In the past, I have often said that I didn't want Brody's death to define my life. However, after talking with another bereaved parent, I have changed my thoughts. I believe the goal in the words I spoke were to say that I didn't want his death to consume my life with despair and darkness, but that isn't the only definition of a life.

The truth is that his death has defined my life in a whole, new unimaginable way.

Losing Brody is a constant reminder that life is precious, and meant to be enjoyed to its fullest. I try not to waste any second of any day anymore. I literally have a hard time just sitting down at home, because I want to be out doing things with people I love.

I also feel that my compassion for others have grown exponentially in ways I still can't fully understand at times. Not a day goes by that I don't feel an incessant need to offer advice/care/concern to individuals I come in contact with. For some of my friends, I am sure I come across as being nosy or overbearing, but in the end I just can't help but to try to help.

In the end, I am proud of the fact that my family and I haven't been consumed in darkness. We will continue to press on doing great things in Brody's name and living our lives in happiness, while still remembering a sweet, baby boy who was taken from us much too soon. Daddy loves you, Brody Bug!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News