ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Basketball Recruit Lands at UT

This is HUGE! This class has the potential to be a program changing class, now and for the future. There may be 1 or 2 one and dones, but Smart has got the attention of future recruits, not just in Texas, but across the country. This should put us at #1 or 2 in recruiting class rankings.

#4 in 247 but I've seen us as high as #2 by some websites. Average star rating is 97, behind only Arizona and UK.

Kid sounds like he knows what he is doing. What amazes me about these high school kids is their long term thinking. When I was a high school senior, I wasn't thinking about anything further down the road than the next game, or big event in high school. These kids (Bamba especially) seems to be thinking much more about to maximize their entire package. Not just basketball, but maximizing their entire brand. I know a lot of kids these days get bad wraps because of their ME mentality but this is definitely forward thinking. Thinking about ways that he can not only get better as a basketball player but also ways to have the most benefit on his family and those around him. Great insight into this kid.

Shaka quietly working hard behind the scenes. He really needs next season to be good.

Reactions: diadevic
Nice pick up by the Horns and Shaka. Smart better start producing next year or no more line than two years down the line, or his hiring will be a huge disappointment.

Reactions: diadevic
Some more bball news. Jones is coming back for another year.

Some big time analyst think he could be the best guard in the country next year. Has an extremely high ceiling. Lets hope he puts in work this summer and has a break out year.

That starting lineup for next year looks great! Coleman in coming fresh starting point guard, Jones starting guard, Roach starting guard, Bamba starting foward and Osetkowski starting forward. Thanks to Jones he can finally play to his full potential which would be scary.

So we just made the top 5 for uncommitted 5* small forward Brian Bowen and I think it is because of Bamba. We weren't even a landing spot, but now we took the spot of Sparty and looks like this could get very interesting.

It appears that 5* Brian Bowen has decided to attend Louisville. Can't win them all, and besides, it wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the Big XII (Kansas excluded).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT