ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Prediction Thread

Attack? And you're calling me a female, you slow muppet baby. Are you tossing his salad? Coming to his rescue, that's cute...especially on the internet. You showed me, haha.

And I'm being very cordial right now. You had nothing to do with this, prince save a hoe.

I think more than anything he was just saying how ridiculous it is to bring up a "prediction" from over 2 years ago that has nothing to do with this topic at all.

I think the "female" comment was right on point to be honest, you are acting like a jilted ex.

I get that some people probably disagree with me on Garrett, that's fine.

Attack? And you're calling me a female, you slow muppet baby. Are you tossing his salad? Coming to his rescue, that's cute...especially on the internet. You showed me, haha.

And I'm being very cordial right now. You had nothing to do with this, prince save a hoe.

Congratulations you're the biggest winner tonight stand up so everyone can give you a round of applause. And a hoe is a garden tool bro if you want to try to get your street cred up.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
robo I'm not saying a Horn attacking another Horn is okay. This is a pretty regular thing with bomb and blh though. Best just to sit back and enjoy the show. Lol.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
robo I'm not saying a Horn attacking another Horn is okay. This is a pretty regular thing with bomb and blh though. Best just to sit back and enjoy the show. Lol.

giphy.gif

I hope you didn't miss our Spurs thread.

So another horn coming after another horn is cool then? I have seen him post but he wants to be negative then whatever. It is what it is right? I'll make sure to pray in Chapel tomorrow.

I'm laughing...seriously.

Garrett is absolutely hyped, to say anything less is ignorance. He is a physical specimen that has played one season as a true Frosh. He had 3 huge games against sub par competition. Like I've said previously, he was no where to be found in several of the SEC games. I look forward to seeing what Chief does with the kids future, but I'll judge his awesomeness after the 2016 season.

Half of his tackles (24) and most of his TFL (10.5) came in 4 games, 4 OOC games and 8.5 of his 11.5 sacks came in the same four games.

In the 7 SEC games he played in, he had 29 tackles, half were solo, 3.5 TFL and 3 sacks.

Lets see what he does in year two.

Last edited:
Reactions: utisdabomb12
Garrett is absolutely hyped, to say anything less is ignorance. He is a physical specimen that has played one season as a true Frosh. He had 3 huge games against sub par competition. Like I've said previously, he was no where to be found in several of the SEC games. I look forward to seeing what Chief does with the kids future, but I'll judge his awesomeness after the 2016 season.

Half of his tackles (24) and most of his TFL (10.5) came in 4 games, 4 OOC games and 8.5 of his 11.5 sacks came in the same four games.

In the 7 SEC games he played in, he had 29 tackles, half were solo, 3.5 TFL and 3 sacks.

Lets see what he does in year two.

Yep.....

It's ignorant to say the kid is way overhyped. He broke the sack record, that's production. It's understandable if you want to see if he keeps it up, but to say he is way over hyped, is simply stupid. Even when the sack wasn't made, he disrupted teams. Meaning he was better than what the stats show. That comment comes from good teams like Auburn, the coach that called him the best in the nation. I'll take their word and mine, over you two fellas. Don't have tunnel vision.

Last edited:
It's ignorant to say the kid is way overhyped. He broke the sack record, that's production. It's understandable if you want to see if he keeps it up, but to say he is way over hyped, is simply stupid. Even when the sack wasn't made, he disrupted teams. Meaning he was better than what the stats show. That comment comes from good teams like Auburn, the coach that called him the best in the nation. I'll take their word and mine, over you two fellas. Don't have tunnel vision.
I said "hyped" SMARTASS.........He was hyped out of Martin HS. I posted facts to his production and watched him play. He is a true physical specimen with elite size, frame and athleticism. I'm not worshiping him as a demigod. His potential is through the roof and I can't wait to see what he puts together over the next 2 seasons. I never said his hype was unwarranted...

Malik Jefferson was hyped and is still being hyped.

Over-hyped is a shot at a fan base, I'm sure.

Last edited:
I agree with blh. Almost every star play in the nation is going to get most of their stats against weaker opponents, that doesn't mean you can completely dismiss it. You can't expect someone to have 10 sacks just against the good teams before you concede that he's the real deal. Not to mention a player not having a sack in a game doesn't mean he didn't dominate.

In 2011 Alex Okafor abused Jake Matthews, but his stat line looked terrible, but he was able to cause a ton of disruption.

Reactions: blh111
I agree with blh. Almost every star play in the nation is going to get most of their stats against weaker opponents, that doesn't mean you can completely dismiss it. You can't expect someone to have 10 sacks just against the good teams before you concede that he's the real deal. Not to mention a player not having a sack in a game doesn't mean he didn't dominate.

In 2011 Alex Okafor abused Jake Matthews, but his stat line looked terrible, but he was able to cause a ton of disruption.

Except he simply wasn't very good against several of the better SEC teams like Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas (stats aside). That's what Spur is referring to when he says "he was nowhere to be found in several SEC games." He's right too.

There's no doubt Garrett produced against the 4 nonconference scrubs. A lot of people have Garrett as a top 10 player in college football, and some even higher than that. I think that's a little high and why I've referred to him as "overhyped." If you are a top 10 player you need to produce against good teams.

Who knows what he does this year, he was only a freshman last year. I think Garrett is a good player, probably even a top 35 player in college football. When a lot people project him as a top 10 player, that's where I think he's overhyped.

I said "hyped" SMARTASS.........He was hyped out of Martin HS. I posted facts to his production and watched him play. He is a true physical specimen with elite size, frame and athleticism. I'm not worshiping him as a demigod. His potential is through the roof and I can't wait to see what he puts together over the next 2 seasons. I never said his hype was unwarranted...

Malik Jefferson was hyped and is still being hyped.

Over-hyped is a shot at a fan base, I'm sure.

You aren't the only one that has replied in this thread "NOTSOSMARTASS."

I've yet to see anyone worship him, is that your way of over exaggerating, because you have no point, and you're mad because big name programs disagree with you. If not, then what are you talking about.

Indeed. But you have to understand the kind of fans you're dealing with...and I know you know.

Indeed. But you have to understand the kind of fans you're dealing with...and I know you know.

Yep, we are fans that look at stats and break down production against good teams. The funniest thing about this whole thread is your perception that we think Garrett is terrible since we are Texas fans. We all think Garrett is a very good player, some just think he's "hyped" or "overhyped".

Last edited:
Except he simply wasn't very good against several of the better SEC teams like Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas (stats aside). That's what Spur is referring to when he says "he was nowhere to be found in several SEC games." He's right too.

There's no doubt Garrett produced against the 4 nonconference scrubs. A lot of people have Garrett as a top 10 player in college football, and some even higher than that. I think that's a little high and why I've referred to him as "overhyped." If you are a top 10 player you need to produce against good teams.

Who knows what he does this year, he was only a freshman last year. I think Garrett is a good player, probably even a top 35 player in college football. When a lot people project him as a top 10 player, that's where I think he's overhyped.

Just flat wrong. If you want to make the case against LSU and Bama then fine but you clearly didn't watch the other games. As was pointed out to you in a previous post there are many ways to affect a game other that are not immediately reflected on the stat sheets. He was clearly better against lesser competition all players are.

Just flat wrong. If you want to make the case against LSU and Bama then fine but you clearly didn't watch the other games. As was pointed out to you in a previous post there are many ways to affect a game other that are not immediately reflected on the stat sheets. He was clearly better against lesser competition all players are.

He was not good against Ole Miss or Arkansas. Ole Miss in particular feasted in the run game because Garrett didn't stay contained and they were able to get outside (on handoffs and dump offs to the RBs).

A&M's biggest weakness last year on defense was preventing RBs from getting the corner. Want to know a big reason why that was a weakness?

Last edited:
Hopefully he lives up to the "hype"...

* Chavis will inherit better talent on the D-line than he would've had at LSU had he stayed in Baton Rouge for 2015. That's in large part due to stud sophomore Myles Garrett, the Freakiest athlete in major college football. The 6-4, 260-pounder -- who sports an eight-pack, had 11 sacks as a true freshman and forced a bunch of holds -- clocked in the mid-4.4s in the 40 this offseason, according to Aggies strength coach Larry Jackson, who said the only player he's been around who was anywhere near as explosive as Garrett wasAdrian Peterson at Oklahoma.

I sure as hell hope Malik does...

He was not good against Ole Miss or Arkansas. Ole Miss in particular feasted in the run game because Garrett didn't stay contained and they were able to get outside.

A&M's biggest weakness last year on defense was preventing RBs from getting the corner. Want to know a big reason why that was a weakness?

Which was part of the problem with Snyder, this fool had Garret pinching and tied to rely on his LBs to contain all the while had his corners 10 yards off the ball. Simply maddening.

Which was part of the problem with Snyder, this fool had Garret pinching and tied to rely on his LBs to contain all the while had his corners 10 yards off the ball. Simply maddening.

Sure Snyder was part of the problem as was Garrett. He was a freshman who hadn't learned how to stay contained. Getting upfield to the QB isn't always effective.

Yep, we are fans that look at stats and break down production against good teams. The funniest thing about this whole thread is your perception that we think Garrett is terrible since we are Texas fans. We all think Garrett is a very good player, some just think he's "hyped" or "overhyped".

That's right, you just looked at the stats, you're that fan. Like I said, you have to know the kind of fan you're dealing with, and it's well known.

Your original comment, of "way overhyped" is the type of comments I'm speaking of. No one else, made such comments.

Last edited:
That's right, you just looked at the stats, you're that fan. Like I said, you have to know the kind of fan you're dealing with, and it's well known.

Yep, I look at stats and play on the field. We are discussing a game in particular above that doesnt involve stats.

How dare I use stats, I apologize BLH.

Your original comment, of "way overhyped" is the type of comments I'm speaking of.

I'll try and use softer language so I don't offend you BLH. How dare I use stats and language like way overhyped. I feel ashamed of myself right now. I'm just the worst fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT