ADVERTISEMENT

2016 can go

LonghornSoldier

Dec 12, 2005
FVCK itself.. forget politics, forget petty problems.... my 15 yr old son was hit and killed by a gutless motherfvcker in a hit and run last night.... im done.... this year was just too much.... way too much.... think it is time for me to gtfo and get away... gonna unplug through at least new years ..... its all too surreal....

let them know you love them daily......

In all sincerity you are in my prayers, no parent should have to bury their child.

I want you to know, that I know you will see your son again one day and that he isn't lost. Please be comforted with peace.

Your 2016 is like my 2010, I went through what you have.

Reactions: Bottomsuppizza
So sorry Soldier. Unthinkable. I pray that God will comfort you. Hang in there.

FVCK itself.. forget politics, forget petty problems.... my 15 yr old son was hit and killed by a gutless motherfvcker in a hit and run last night.... im done.... this year was just too much.... way too much.... think it is time for me to gtfo and get away... gonna unplug through at least new years ..... its all too surreal....

My words cannot comfort you. But, I'm so sorry for your loss and I will keep you in my prayers. Although we haven't met (in person), we love and care for you brother.

Reactions: Bottomsuppizza
So sorry to hear this tragic news. My deepest condolences to you, your loved ones and all who were touched by your son's life. May justice be swift and may God bless and protect his soul.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Longhorn. I can't even imagine that kind of pain. I'm so sorry this happened to your son.

Prayers coming from this Sooner fan. I pray also for the mother. My wife's son was murdered 4 years ago and she still struggles with it daily. There are some group therapies out here that may help the extreme pain. I'm truly sorry.

Praying for you brother. I can't even imagine. We are all so sorry for your tragedy.

18 months ago we lost my 19 y.o. niece. There is just nothing to say.

However, I will warn you to watch out for the anger. I was surprised at how often I would become angry and how vehemently angry I would be. Often it was misdirected at the wrong people.

For everyone else, I recommend that you heed LS's words because they are words that come back to haunt if you don't heed them. "Let them know you love them daily."

What a senseless tragedy. My deepest condolences to you and your loved ones. I hope as the pain of loss ever so slowly begins to subside that you can find comfort and peace in memories of the good times with your son. God bless you and your family.

GOD bless you and keep you...and give you HIS peace.

Amen to all that's been said. I'm so sorry, LS.

We live in the same area, apparently. My kids go to the same school.

If there's anything I can do...

If anyone's neighbor has a Dodge pickup with damage to the front from around Christmas (12/26), please contact police.

It happened in central Texas, near Buda / Kyle / San Marcos.

Police know the color of the vehicle, but aren't releasing it.

There is a picture of the family during a memorial ceremony on front page of today's AAS metro section. God bless them and you LS.

If anyone's neighbor has a Dodge pickup with damage to the front from around Christmas (12/26), please contact police.

It happened in central Texas, near Buda / Kyle / San Marcos.

Police know the color of the vehicle, but aren't releasing it.
I will pass this to my brother. He lives in Buda.

I have six and a twelve year old. I can't even imagine. So sorry and God bless.Yea, fu$k 2016.

I will pass this to my brother. He lives in Buda.
This could be a different hit-and-run, but it happened the same night. The latest news reports add more detail:
  • Dodge Ram 3500 pickup, possibly red
  • Could be a work truck with a welder in the back
  • Minor damage to right side
  • Side mirror may be missing or damaged
  • Accident occurred at 8:27pm on Monday, 12/26 (in the pitch dark)
  • Occurred on FM 2001 near Texas 21 (a Valero station) in Niederwald
  • DPS asks anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 512-472-TIPS.
The roads in Kyle are very dangerous for pedestrians. Very few roads have sidewalks or street lights. (The ones that do usually have both.) The grass is often overgrown, and would be difficult or even dangerous to walk through, especially in the dark.

I've been concerned about this -- and raising the issue with the city of Kyle -- ever since I moved here. When I drive at night, I'm constantly worrying about if there's a pedestrian around the next corner, or out of view of my sedan's lights. The typical pedestrian here tends to wear all dark clothes -- maybe a black hoodie, even -- and walk along the edge of the busy roads with his back to the traffic. When the moon is black, it gets pitch dark pretty early, and even going 35mph you have very little time to react. And the roads tend to have potholes to distract you, too, and maybe affect where you drive. (Of course, that should mean people drive slowly, but not all drivers do that. Some drivers may veer to the edge of the road to avoid a hole.)

If you have a teen who walks or bikes, esp. at night, please have a talk with them.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT