ADVERTISEMENT

4 Months Ago Today

Kingfisher

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2001
San Antonio
We lost our daughter Tristan in our backyard pool.
DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
Today we are meeting with a fence contractor to design a fence around our pool. A year and a half ago I scratched the fence from our backyard deck build and renovation. Didn't want to clutter the view.
I did not push for her to take baby swim lessons because from the age of 8 months to 17 months because she had continuous ear infections. Last May we had tubes put into her ears and she turned into a completely different child. This summer the swimming lessons were to start.
We thought that we had a plan in place to prevent this from happening. Our plan worked until it did not.
We have all had a moment when your toddler got away from you for a moment. That is what they do. There was media fury about the Gorilla incident or the Alligator incident and the parents were skewered. What would the media have done to us? How harshly would we be judged?
We thought that our life was perfect. Financial independence, lovely home, beautiful daughters, house full of laughter. Now there is very little laughter in our home. Our son, his wife, and our granddaughter are staying with us for a while. I am only able to enjoy little Betsy for moments at a time. Yes, Tristan and Betsy are only a year apart. Betsy is 18 months and has so many mannerisms of Tristan that I am brought to tears as we play. Life should be so joyous with Betsy with us, but both my wife and I have to fake it to make it.
Many, many thanks to those of you who have reached out to me. It is truly amazing that so many of us have lost a child. Your support and love has saved me. As men, we think that we are in control of our homes and the security of our families. We do the best that we can to provide a loving and safe environment for our wives and children.

Use the resources at www.colinshope.org and www.familiesunitedtopreventdrowning.org to protect your most precious jewel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News