ADVERTISEMENT

(8/23 UPDATE WITH PICS) Today, A Lifelong Dream Comes True...And It's Only The Beginning

longhorn_writer

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
***UPDATE 8/23***

What an experience!

Red carpet, world premiere, after party followed by a full week of networking events, happy hours, panels and watching the work of other filmmakers.

But I have to say, the thing I'll never forget were those few moments of a black screen between the end of our film and the first after-credit, as I sat next to my writing partner and our lead actress. Those three seconds or so felt like the longest of our lives...and then the applause started. Finally, we knew how others felt about what we had poured so much into, and it was the most gratifying sound I ever heard.

That feeling was something I will never forget. To not just hope, but to have confirmation that the idea you had could actually connect to, and move people, instantly justified the reason I chose to pursue my dream in the first place. And I can't stress enough to those who wonder whether they should do the same, how much that pursuit is worth it when it pays off.

Thanks so much to everyone on OB for the support, kind sentiments and celebration for this transformative moment in my life. It truly means the world to me.

And because some of you asked, we'll likely be releasing the film in early January. But next up for us is the San Jose International Film Festival in early October, hopefully followed by Austin Film Festival at the end of that month. AFF hasn't made their announcement of which films have been accepted yet, so if you happen to know any of the decision makers, feel free to let them know that there's a fully Austin-shot film called Thoughts and Prayers ready to have its Texas Premiere at their festival.

And because I know you'll all appreciate them, here's some pics from our World Premier event, most of which feature our lead actress, the stunningly gorgeous Adrianne Palicki. Enjoy, and thanks again to all of you!

adrianne-palicki-arrives-at-18th-annual-hollyshorts-film-festival-picture-id1414345705

hardy-janson-evan-miller-emily-gipson-adrianne-palicki-and-caitlin-picture-id1414345589

hardy-janson-evan-miller-emily-gipson-adrianne-palicki-and-caitlin-picture-id1414345603

It's always nice to share a good day, and even nicer to be able to share it with my OB brethren.

When I moved to LA sixteen years ago (three weeks after I watched my Longhorns win a National Championship in the greatest college football game ever played), I made a promise to myself that I would never see a movie at historic Mann's Chinese Theater until I could see my own.

Well, tonight's the night!

And although it may just be a short film, the fact that it will have its world premiere at the Chinese Theater after having been chosen for opening night of the Hollyshorts Film Festival is truly surreal. Add in the fact that the jurors for the festival include Blair Underwood and BRYAN F****N CRANSTON, I have a feeling I'll need a plastic surgeon recommendation just to get the smile off my face after tonight.

But more than anything, I'm just so proud that my writing partner and I made this thing in Austin with some truly wonderful and talented people, including Zachary Levi (Chuck, Shazaam!) and Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, The Orville), who proved that she is far more than just a pretty face. She simply brought the hell out of it!

If you want to follow along with our journey with the film tonight, and as things move forward over the next few months, just jump on our Instagram page (@thoughtsandprayersshort), which I've linked below. You'll most definitely be seeing some red carpet "hook 'ems"!

Anyway, great news in life is enough of a rare commodity that it's worth sharing whenever you have it. And the day a dream comes true is just one of those days.

HOOK 'EM FROM HOLLYSHORTS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News