ADVERTISEMENT

A couple comments from recruits who were at the game on Thursday

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
We'll touch base with a lot of the guys who were at Thursday's game on Sunday to get more detailed reports, but a couple comments that were sent to me today ...

UT OL commitment Tristan Nickelson: "My impressions were good. They had a rough game overall but I am still extremely excited about the program. I am looking forward to my official visit this upcoming weekend!"

UT wide receiver commitment Reggie Hemphill said he thinks the team will be fine when it starts getting more consistent quarterback play.

JUCO DE Quincy Vasser, who is committed to Georgia, when asked what he's leaning towards doing in regards to staying committed to Georgia or switching to Texas said he's pretty torn right now. "I don't know, man," Vasser said.

Houston Stratford 2016 RB Rakeem Boyd said "I had a great time up there. For (it being) my first time, I enjoyed myself."

Here's a note of interest ... 2016 ATH Christian Wallace, of Katy Tompkins, told me he didn't attend the game because Texas heard he was committed to TCU. That has not been reported anywhere that I've seen, so I asked Wallace when that happened. He said it's not official, but he is leaning towards committing to the Horned Frogs. Texas offered Wallace after a strong summer camp showing this summer.

2016 Cibolo Steele DE Mark Jackson said "It was a great game for the most part. Really enjoyed the experience." Also, Wallace said he doesn't focus too much on the results from one game, saying he looks at "the big picture" and "they had great fight and a great showing, so a loss doesn't affect my feelings."

2016 Aldine Davis LB Jeffrey McCulloch was not able to attend.

This post was edited on 11/29 6:07 PM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News