A golfer goes to confession...

jkad

Gold Member
Mar 7, 2008
And starts out... "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned... " and proceeds to go down his list of transgressions. When he states, "I vehemently took the Lord's name in vain," the Priest stops him from continuing, stating, "Son, that's a mortal sin and I will need some more clarification." The man sits up, gets super serious and starts out, "All right Father, I am on the 12th tee box looking over a long Par 5... and I rip the best drive of my life, straight down the pipe. This squirrel comes out, grabs my ball and heads back into the woods!" "Ah," the Father responds, "... then you took the Lord's name in vain." The golfer continues, "No Father... an eagle flies in, scoops up the squirrel holding my ball and flies off!" "Ah," the Priest again responds, "... then you took the Lord's name in vain." The golfer shakes his head and continues, "No Father... the eagle flies directly over the green, the squirrel drops my ball and it rolls to within 3 feet of the hole." The Priest sits up straight, "You didn't miss the God damn putt, did you?!"

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.