ADVERTISEMENT

A good friend of mine has something terrible happen recently, asking for some help

Shambeaux

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2008
Manor, TX
I know I hardly ever post around here anymore, but this board has always helped when it was a valid cause. This board is full of dog lovers too so I felt it was appropriate.

Kyle is a friend of mine from Houston. He is a musician and lives in L.A. now. He is a great guy, always willing to help out and always there if someone needs him. We are going to bring up doing a charity show for him at a VERY dog friendly venue we have a monthly show at in Cedar Park next month if he doesn't hit his goal. Just going to warn everyone, there are some graphic pics on there and the story is heartbreaking, but he has had Edward for a long time.

I'm just going to post what he posted on the GoFundMe and y'all can decided if you want to help along with the link at the bottom. I have a show tonight so I'll check back later. @Ketchum if y'all have changed the rules for this I apologize and please advise on how to do this.

What happened
Hello all,
My name is Kyle Zemanek and Wednesday night September 11th, I was walking my best friend Edward, who's my beloved Miniature Pinscher. We were in a well trafficked area of North Hollywood. As I came upon a corner, a small female with a big Pitbull came around from the other way and the Pitbull bolted towards Edward and attacked him. I was paying attention and had begun pulling him back, but because the female was looking at her phone and not paying attention, the Pitbull had no resistance and reached Edward’s leg. He would not let go as my Edward screamed in pain. The only way the Pitbull was finally pulled off him was that he ripped half of his bottom leg off.

This is the most horrific and gut-wrenching thing I’ve ever been involved with. I could hear his bones being crushed. I cradled Edward and ran back home and quickly drove to an Emergency Vet. He had to stay two days and nights at the Emergency Vet and the bottom part of his left hind leg had to be amputated. I made sure they only amputated what was absolutely necessary, as I plan on getting a prosthesis for him. I was highly recommended by a vet from another state to seek laser therapy for healing. He has received two treatments so far.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/prosethe...RlQYW7cMwes9iG4LppBuFxb_ReVqpBQSuV4mVugkXbr6U

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News